Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 12:30   #466
BHPian

I am not sure of the model Number, will check it out, had never heard of ultimate before, guess was dumped on me.

I am not too happy about the Bostons, but i think that is because of my door pannel vibrating. Not too sure. This setup looks pretty good. Will try and chuck one of my Sony Amps. And buy a JBL instead.
Old 11th May 2007, 12:34   #467
BHPian

:(( yea..those sonys SUX big time. ..where were you guys..anyways..will dump it on that chap who sold it to me..and get a new JBL amp.. cool
Old 11th May 2007, 12:45   #468
BHPian

Ok, I have been reading a lot on this forum, now i just realise, my accessories guy has screwed up my car. He has used some crap foam in the doors for dampening, crap cabling...Guess im in for some serious rework. I live in goa, probably i'll have to make a trip to Mumbai/Bangalore to get this fixed, any suggestions???? pls
Old 11th May 2007, 13:23   #469
Team-BHP Support

ok. first determine if you like them Bostons once tht is done we can work towards fixing the rest.
Old 12th May 2007, 00:17   #470

Buying Amplifier from U.S for Swift?

Hi, I own a swift.. I got Sony head, pioneer components and Subwoofer. I want to power the sub with this amp Kenwood KAC-9152D Subwoofer Mono Amp (Kenwood-KAC9152D) - PriceGrabber.com

My doubt might be really lame. can i buy this amp from U.S and use it without any problem with the other components bought from India?

Thanks,
Old 12th May 2007, 01:21   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

All cars around the world run at a standard 12V circuitry. Ergo, all car audio components bought from anywhere work in cars anywhere.
Old 13th May 2007, 16:06   #472
BHPian

hi Bhpians,

ok here we go again, is it possible to fit 4inch compos into a 6inch slot of the swift in the front, i cant go in for 6inch compos as the 4inch ones are good and it will be a waste, also about the rear speakers which ones are good lightining audio or jbl? i am looking for clarity- pls suggest model . also how do you fit oval speakers in a swift? Also do i give it to the maruti dealer to fit the systems or someone outside?
Old 13th May 2007, 23:03   #473
BANNED

Hi Partypest.
Yes. 4" compos can be fitted into the 6" slots of Swift. But it deserves a 6.5" there. Ain't it?

Ovals can be placed on an MDF plank made as parcel shelf.

Are you planning to get a subwoofer? If yes, then I would recommend you to get a 6.5" compos for your front. You can use your 4" compos for the rear. That will give you a nice front stage and if installed properly, a very good soundstage for the rear passengers too.
Old 13th May 2007, 23:29   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
hi Bhpians,

ok here we go again, is it possible to fit 4inch compos into a 6inch slot of the swift in the front, i cant go in for 6inch compos as the 4inch ones are good and it will be a waste, also about the rear speakers which ones are good lightining audio or jbl? i am looking for clarity- pls suggest model . also how do you fit oval speakers in a swift? Also do i give it to the maruti dealer to fit the systems or someone outside?
go what are you try to do...are you preferring 4 inch instead of 6.5 inch...have you listened to a 4 inch and 6.5 incher in a car....
Old 13th May 2007, 23:34   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are you preferring 4 inch instead of 6.5 inch.
I think what he means is he has got 4" with him & does not want to waste them. No harm in doing that & whenever budget permits upgrade to 6.5 inch comps
Old 14th May 2007, 00:22   #476
Team-BHP Support

to fir a 4" on a 6" hole you'll need a MDF panel. the 4" will not give any bass though.
Old 14th May 2007, 03:12   #477
BHPian

Finally got installation of my ICE done from Driven, Delhi.

Setup is

HU : Pioneer 5950 IB
Front : Hertz DSX 165
Rear : Hertz DSK 165

No amp yet. Will do it as and when money allows. Sound Quality of the system is excellent ( at least from my standards ) . It just the kind of sound i wanted, neither too bright nor too bassy.

Installation was done by a very experienced guy. At no point during install did i ever had to doubt his credentials.

But i was in for a shock when i was showed that some speakers and HU were installed before in the car. After talking to the sales guy who handled car delivery, i got to know that this car has experienced a canceled booking before i bought it. Apparently the previous guy must have ordered install of ICE by the showroom. The quality of the previous install must have been very bad which can be judges by how badly the stock connector wires were cut and then taped. After all this if Maruti insists on warranty being void by after market install, then i don't know what to say.

Anyway i am now happy because of sound quality i am getting. Now music in my car can alone be the only reason why i am out for a drive.
Old 14th May 2007, 09:55   #478
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs!! appreciate it, more info....

i have a jbl sub with me 4ch sony 600w amp, so please advise, shouid i get the 6" inch compos for the front and fit the 4" at the back? or just fit the 4" at the front and go in for ovals, regarding ovals which speakers are better jbl or lightining audio?
Old 14th May 2007, 11:15   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
i have a jbl sub with me 4ch sony 600w amp, so please advise, shouid i get the 6" inch compos for the front and fit the 4" at the back? or just fit the 4" at the front and go in for ovals, regarding ovals which speakers are better jbl or lightining audio?
me thinks JBL > Lightning.

Stick 6" comps in the front and stick the 4" in the back. the sub will cover the low bass.
Old 14th May 2007, 11:57   #480
BHPian

ok so in the 6 inch compos which model/brand would be good along with the pricing? and what do i do with the tweeters of the 4 inch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks