Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 10:24   #2401
Team-BHP Support

Re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Waking this thread up from slumber: I am planning to upgrade the audio in my Swift ZDi (2013 model). I am keeping the HU stock. Damping will done for 4 doors using damp-mat as suggested.

Options in my mind as suggested:

Front Components:
  1. Morel Maximo 6 6-1/2 240W 2-Way Maximo - ₹9,400
  2. Polk db6502 Series Component System 6.5" - ₹12,900

Rear Co-Axials:
  1. Focal-R-165C two way co-axial - ₹3,800
  2. Morel Maximo 6C 6.5" - ₹6,025
  3. Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5" - ₹8,750
  4. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5" Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial - ₹6,905
PS: All prices are as seen on Amazon.in.

Amp is in second stage of upgrade. I am a TOTAL noob when it comes to audio.

Budget is Maximum ₹20,000
Unless you have a great priority for the rear seats, your priority should be the front components. Also, please do not skip the amplifier.

Keep it simple with the amplifier if budget is a concern. A good reputed 4 channel amplifier for the budget, which can take high level inputs will do the job just fine.

IMO - Give maximum budget possible to front component speakers instead. Next priority to the amplifier and last priority to the rear coaxials.

Also, as I had sent you in whatsapp, there are many fakes available online and the Morel listing you were looking at is a known fake seller reported in other ICE forums.

Would recommend that you go to a reputed shop and get the prices. They would not only have a wider variety on offer, buy you may get to audition the sound signatures of these speakers as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 10:31   #2402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Unless you have a great priority for the rear seats, your priority should be the front components. Also, please do not skip the amplifier.
Thank you C_D for the response. Here's the list of Amplifiers short listed:

Amplifier:
  1. JBL GX A646SI Four Channel - ₹8,900
  2. Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable Four Channel - ₹7,700
  3. Sony XM-N1004 In Car Xplod - ₹6,900
  4. Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP - ₹9,300
  5. Blaupunkt EMA 455 600-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier - ₹5,900

Heading out to scout shops in Hyderabad for deals. Looked up prices on Amazon just to get an idea and what to bargain for.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:23   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you C_D for the response. Here's the list of Amplifiers short listed:

Amplifier:
  1. JBL GX A646SI Four Channel - ₹8,900
  2. Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable Four Channel - ₹7,700
  3. Sony XM-N1004 In Car Xplod - ₹6,900
  4. Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP - ₹9,300
  5. Blaupunkt EMA 455 600-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier - ₹5,900

Heading out to scout shops in Hyderabad for deals. Looked up prices on Amazon just to get an idea and what to bargain for.

Get a descent set of front components as suggested above and also go for a good 4 channel amplifier, this way you are happy for few years even if you upgrade the speakers later.

When you get bored of this setup, add a sub-woofer to the scheme of things rather than adding rear speakers.

Have you auditioned any one of the listed speakers you have suggested in earlier thread ? if not do so and think what you desire from them i.e. clarity/details or only bass.

Also do keep in mind you will need to invest in good quality wiring & fuse to make this setup run properly and safely, so keep some budget for it too if not already.

Last edited by invincible7 : 12th July 2017 at 12:26.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 23:05   #2404
BHPian

Bumping into old thread. I am planning to upgrade my 2016 swift vxi's ICE to a better one with bluetooth function.

My requirements are:
1. Should have bluetooth function.
2. Retain stock looks.
3. Light on pocket.

I have seen some bluetooth ICE of current gen swift / baleno lower variants in olx for less than 5K. How about swapping one? Did anyone tried earlier?

Thanks.
Ponbaarathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 19:47   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys

I have a 2nd gen Swift Zxi with stock 2DIN HU by Nippon. Can someone help me with what these wire colors on the main (blue) connector mean:

1. Grey
2. Grey with Red stripe
3. Green
4. Green with Black stripe
5. Blue with White stripe

Of these, 1-2 and 3-4 are rear speaker wires but I'm not sure about the polarity. Please help.
Old 7th November 2021, 01:14   #2406
BHPian

Need suggestions for a new Infortainmemt System for my 2013 Maruti Swift

I drive a Maruti Swift VXi 2013 petrol and I want to keep this car for atleast 2-3 years more. It’s drive very well and It’s great for what I need but my infortainment system is 8 years old and needs an upgrade. I currently use JVC kw-400 and I want the new system to have the following:

1. Apple carplay is a must.
2. Not a deal breaker but good to have Knobs to increase or lower the volume (as my swift doesn’t have any steering mounted controls)
3. Should fit well without any major changes needed
4. Budget ~ 20k

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 7th November 2021, 07:19   #2407
BHPian

Re: Need suggestions for a new Infortainmemt System for my 2013 Maruti Swift

I would highly recommend you to go for the Blaupunkt new york 750 , which supports apple carplay and android auto (both wired ) and screen casting option too and it works beautifully. It's the most VFM stereo I've come across.

IIRC I paid around 12K for it earlier this year and I guess I got it for a good deal as the price now seems to hover around the 18K mark. The stereo is a Double Din unit.

My car being a swift (2006) however didn't have steering mounted Audio controls. However , I installed them too on my car using @Paragsachanias DIY method and the wiring was super easy.

Attaching photo of my HU for your reference and a link for the stereo.

https://www.flipkart.com/blaupunkt-n...=1636250388645

Regards
Ashton Castelino

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-screenshot_20211107072506__01.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 12th November 2023 at 05:23. Reason: Image orientation
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 20:51   #2408
BHPian

Re: Need suggestions for a new Infortainmemt System for my 2013 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
I would highly recommend you to go for the Blaupunkt new york 750
Thank you so much for your response. I checked out Blaupunkt and it looks great, just the size is a little smaller to my liking. Is there any other option with a bigger screen possible? I am willing to stretch my budget further if needed till 30k. Also, I have never used a stereo with carplay and I do not mind connecting my phone via a cord everytime but I am guessing wireless apple carplay would be better. Will it be possible to get that in this budget?

Also, thanks so much for pointing out that I can install steering mounted controls, I am definitely gonna do that and buy a stereo that supports that. Thanks you if I get steering mounted controls and a nice touchscreen system, it’s gonna give my swift a new life!
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 21:43   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Posting an ICE upgrade I did on one of my close friend's brand new Swift. He had purchased a Vxi and it came with 4 mid woofers, 2 front and 2 rear. It was pretty weird to have sound coming from my feet, and I offered to upgrade his ICE for him. I had some components which I had lying around, but he was not convinced of the need to upgrade (please note, my friend is mostly audio- indifferent) and was ok with it only if I put maruti approved parts in it.

Since MGA doesn't sell Hertz any more, the vxi+ catalog was my only option.
A bit of digging around on boodmo
Tweeter
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-spea...eter-38161904/
Trim panel
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-garn...lack-38438040/

Even the oe screw
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-screw-6769328/

The woofer connectors were available on Amazon. They were generic.
https://amzn.eu/d/4biQgI4
I had bought from a different seller, but looks like they're all the same generic Chinese OEM (more on that later)
The tweeter connectors I couldn't figure out, so I bought a pair of inline jst connectors and figured I'll think of how to connect them later.
https://amzn.eu/d/9q5zQlH
The reason why I'm going so overboard with connectors is that now that I have an older car, I have gained a bigger appreciation of the time and effort emperor took to put connectors to my car speaker wires, instead of connecting them somehow like a lot of lazy installers do. Every time I have to remove my door pads to replace my power window winders, I'm glad I have a few less problems because someone did things right the first time. You can read more about the perils of too much ICE here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-installs.html (The Downside of High-End Audio Installs)

When they all arrived, the jst socket looked a lot like the tweeter socket. I tried cutting the clips off the side of the male jst and they were a snug fit. That took care of the major unknown.

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-pxl_20231024_155145281.jpg

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-pxl_20231024_155234941.jpg
ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-pxl_20231024_155839009.jpg

I connected the wires together and used heat shrink to make a wiring harness.

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-img20231104wa0038.jpg

We took the door pads and the woofer out(we followed this guide for the door pads

Removing the connectors were a lot harder than the guy in the video makes it look like.)

But alas, after connecting it all back, it wouldn't work. Neither woofer not tweeter would work. So we took it apart and tested for continuity and found that there was no continuity between the male woofer connector and the wire. There was no signal going anywhere.My guess is that the crimping was so harsh, it cut the wires, causing this issue. The crimp tabs were pushed all the way into the wire. I usually just bend them around the wire just to grip enough. Anyway we had a hard time uncrimping and recrimping them. But after that we had continuity and everything worked fine.

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-img20231104wa0036.jpg

On an unrelated note. These are the lightest speakers I've ever seen. Period. I thought they'd have neo magnets, but no, they're ferrite. It's amazing the lengths maruti goes to in the pursuit of lightness and cost reduction. They sound dreadful, and I felt a bit sad putting them back in knowing I had much better stuff at home gathering dust, but hey, I have to respect others priorities even if you disagree with them, because hey, it's their property, it's their choice. This is one of the main reason I've never taken a commercial direction with this hobby though plenty of people keep asking me why not. I have standards, I have principles and ways of achieving them. I'm not keen to compromise them because of someone else's taste or cost considerations. This was a one off because it was a close friend. I wouldn't want to do this every day! Anyway, enough of that philosophical rant.

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-img20231104wa0035.jpg
Like the team bhp review says, these tweeters are certainly overpowering. After turning the treble down they became much more agreeable. For me the main benefit was that now the soundstage is at a dashboard level, and for my friend, everything looks factory fit, even after you take it apart. I would take that as a win win outcome.

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th November 2023 at 21:51.
greenhorn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 19:48   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Upgrades continue. Ran into this zxi+ head unit on FB marketplace and lost no time grabbing it. Up and running minus the rear camera. That's ordered and on the way.
ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-pxl_20240622_172114267.jpg
Sound quality has improved a lot. Android auto etc are fiddly because the connection keeps dropping. Probably will get a wireless adapter soon
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 15:24   #2411
Senior - BHPian

The last piece of the puzzle was the rear camera

We bought this rear camera kit
https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/r...swift-oe-type/

Unfortunately it was not getting detected. It turns out one connector was missing in the vxi. It's the one between the blue and green
ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-pxl_20240702_152625895.jpg

The seller advised us to buy this
https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/s...i-suzuki-cars/
And connect the parking brake and reverse signal to this connector. And things worked! Finally got the full functionality of this stereo.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks