Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2015, 01:18   #2386
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Guys, what is the stock audio size on the front doors of the ritz? is it 5.25 or is it 6" ?
Old 22nd May 2015, 16:11   #2387

Guys any recommendations for a touch screen HU and speakers for Swift ?Music quality need not be audiophile grade.
Primary requirements from the HU are feed in from the rear view camera,phone calls via bluetooth and music through usb,aux etc

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th May 2015, 17:35   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anooput View Post
Guys any recommendations for a touch screen HU and speakers for Swift ?Music quality need not be audiophile grade.
Primary requirements from the HU are feed in from the rear view camera,phone calls via bluetooth and music through usb,aux etc

Thanks in advance!
Any decent double din HU from Pioneer should suite your requirement.
Pioneer 8690BT supports FLAC and WAV from USB; and has a good touch screen ; supports rear view camera. The choice of HU and Speakers vary based on your budget. Probably if you can let us know we will be able to help you with it.
Old 28th May 2015, 17:19   #2389

Hello BHPians.

I need suggestions for a new ICE system for my 2011 Swift Vxi.

1. Current Set-up- none.
2. Playlists include- Oldies and new pop and electronic music and radio.
3. Need reverse cam display support.
4. Should have aux, usb and bluetooth support.
5. Do not wish to sacrifice boot space for any kind of sub woofer or amplifier.
6. Budget- 35,000 Rupees.
Old 29th May 2015, 13:24   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.pi.N.T/60 View Post
Hello BHPians.

I need suggestions for a new ICE system for my 2011 Swift Vxi.

1. Current Set-up- none.
2. Playlists include- Oldies and new pop and electronic music and radio.
3. Need reverse cam display support.
4. Should have aux, usb and bluetooth support.
5. Do not wish to sacrifice boot space for any kind of sub woofer or amplifier.
6. Budget- 35,000 Rupees.
A pioneer 8690BT with detachable face plate will cost you around 30K, i has good features with a 13 Band EQ.
Reverse Cam -2500 R.S
Speakers: Stock if you have them and save some cost.
But anyways an aftermarket component speaker from JBL/Infinity/Focal/Hertz are always better than stock speakers.
But you might need a amplifier to extract their full potential.
Not sure how they might sound without an amplifier; others in the forum can help you with this detail. Only reason for suggesting 8690BT is that it has a good touch screen and a detachable face plate that keeps others from playing with your stereo; also has good options for tuning.

I would suggest get a double din HU that retails for around 20K(AVH-X2790BT), spend 10K for speakers and 2.5K for the reverse camera.
Old 16th July 2015, 06:49   #2391
BHPian

Hi friends
Planning to upgrade the ICE of my LDI(2009). Main requirements are :
1. USB ( present In all nowadays)
2.Bluetooth connectivity (both audio streaming and phone calling),
3.decent sound quality (not an audiophile) and
4.inbuilt navigation (of very good quality/accuracy).

Reverse camera is welcome but not a must. Particularly interested in phone connectivity and very good navigation. Budget is 10k-30k��.
Please give your suggestions. Heard about Car play compatible ICE- can satisfy the requirements of phone connectivity and navigation.But it seems to be a little out of my budget and don't know whether compatible with my Swift. Gurus please help.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th July 2015 at 06:52. Reason: Edited post to improve readability.
shasha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 12:03   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.

I changed my Swift's HU to a touch screen (Pioneer 279BT) which has a provision for rear camera.

I don't want to drill my rear bumper.

Can I install a rear cam above registration plate? Anybody done that ?
Old 5th August 2015, 12:12   #2393
BHPian

hi,

I need to upgrade the speakers in my swift Dzire Vxi 2010 model.

I am running on a tight budget and will only replace speakers of stock sizes.

Should i change front or rear ones, if i need to change only one pair. Which will make more change,i feel a little more bass needs to be added as compared to the present nippon speakers, otherwise they are ok.

Plese suggest some bugdet models as well as price (preferably around 1-2.5 k range)from JBL, pioneer or JVC and the locations.

how about infinity
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Infinity-PR65...item4d35da5754, will this fit the rear location in dzire?

or the jbl c6 or c26?

Will it make any difference or is it better to wait and change the HU/add amp etc, I mostly hear bollywood songs or FM and at not too high a volume.

Last edited by rock75 : 5th August 2015 at 12:22.
Old 5th August 2015, 15:56   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
... Plese suggest some bugdet models as well as price (preferably around 1-2.5 k range)from JBL, pioneer or JVC and the locations.

how about infinity
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Infinity-PR65...item4d35da5754, will this fit the rear location in dzire?

or the jbl c6 or c26? ...
Change the front speakers first - that's what you hear almost all the time unless you sit in the rear seat.

Would have suggested going for 6.5" components (~6K) in front, but with your budget constrained, the Infinity you have given the link of would be the best. They would be better than the JBL speakers.

Quote:
... Will it make any difference or is it better to wait and change the HU/add amp etc, ...
You need not change the HU, unless it doesn't have a feature you desperately want.

Instead, when adding an amp, plan to buy a 4-channel amp. Shift the Infinity coaxes to the rear doors, and put a set of components in front and drive them through the amp. This will improve the sound image, and the amp will increase the dynamic range. You could then add a sub across the other 2 channels of the amp. If not, the other 2 channels of the amp can drive the rear coaxials.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 21:37   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Change the front speakers first - that's what you hear almost all the time unless you sit in the rear seat.

Would have suggested going for 6.5" components (~6K) in front, but with your budget constrained, the Infinity you have given the link of would be the best.
You need not change the HU, unless it doesn't have a feature you desperately want.
Thanks, deralte.

I think dzire has a six speakers set up , 2 tweeters, 2 in front door and 2 in rear shelf, all of Nippon male including HU. No idea whether front ones are components or otherwise. The sound output is not too bad , IMO, just a little more depth is needed as it is too bright or sharp.

There is a jbl component system jbl cs 6C in my budget too, jvc cs js 600 too any idea about these two? In what way component scores over coaxial?

In near future I have no desire to go for amp set up if the speaker change improves the sound by even 50%
Old 6th August 2015, 14:16   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I think dzire has a six speakers set up , 2 tweeters, 2 in front door and 2 in rear shelf, all of Nippon male including HU. No idea whether front ones are components or otherwise. The sound output is not too bad , IMO, just a little more depth is needed as it is too bright or sharp. ...
You have components in front, possibly with an in-line crossover. Can't do much about the brightness - that's what they are, inherently.

Quote:
... There is a jbl component system jbl cs 6C in my budget too, jvc cs js 600 too any idea about these two? In what way component scores over coaxial? ...
Components give a better spatial image than coaxials.

I would recommend that you first audition the JBL CS6C components before deciding - your ears are the best judge. They could be bright too, and the mid-bass is not that great in the bass department! The JVC is likely to be not much different from the Nippons.

However, to get a bit more bass in your budget-constraint situation, the best bet is to change the rear round coaxials to 6x9 oval coaxials, and leave the front as is. The ovals will give better low end punch without amp and sub. Since most ovals are more sensitive than round speakers, they sound louder. This means that you might have to shift the fader a tad to the front so that the rears don't overpower the front. Also, you might need a pair of MDF adapters to seat the ovals where the round speakers are.

Look for Pioneer or JBL 6x9 ovals - they are likely to fit in your budget.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 23:04   #2397
BANNED

Re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Waking this thread up from slumber: I am planning to upgrade the audio in my Swift ZDi (2013 model). I am keeping the HU stock. Damping will done for 4 doors using damp-mat as suggested.

Options in my mind as suggested:

Front Components:
  1. Morel Maximo 6 6-1/2 240W 2-Way Maximo - ₹9,400
  2. Polk db6502 Series Component System 6.5" - ₹12,900

Rear Co-Axials:
  1. Focal-R-165C two way co-axial - ₹3,800
  2. Morel Maximo 6C 6.5" - ₹6,025
  3. Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5" - ₹8,750
  4. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5" Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial - ₹6,905
PS: All prices are as seen on Amazon.in.

Amp is in second stage of upgrade. I am a TOTAL noob when it comes to audio.

Budget is Maximum ₹20,000

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th July 2017 at 23:06.
Old 11th July 2017, 06:13   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Waking this thread up from slumber: I am planning to upgrade the audio in my Swift ZDi (2013 model). I am keeping the HU stock. Damping will done for 4 doors using damp-mat as suggested.

Options in my mind as suggested:

Front Components:
  1. Morel Maximo 6 6-1/2 240W 2-Way Maximo - ₹9,400
  2. Polk db6502 Series Component System 6.5" - ₹12,900
Rear Co-Axials:
  1. Focal-R-165C two way co-axial - ₹3,800
  2. Morel Maximo 6C 6.5" - ₹6,025
  3. Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5" - ₹8,750
  4. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5" Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial - ₹6,905
PS: All prices are as seen on Amazon.in.

Amp is in second stage of upgrade. I am a TOTAL noob when it comes to audio.

Budget is Maximum ₹20,000
Welcome to the club. I am sure you have read the sticky. There is no budget when it comes to ICE, only a starting budget.

Have you auditioned any of these speakers? If not, I suggest you do that pronto. What king of Sound signature do you like? Warm, bright, neutral, debatable, but auditioning various speakers sets will bring out the difference in them.

Why not an amp right now? I think if you go with components, an amp is needed to bring out the best in them. Also, I do not see a mention of Sub? If you are a solo driver most of the time, then you can replace the front speakers, leave the stock ones at the rear, add a Sub and power the front+sub with a 4channel amp.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 11:27   #2399
BANNED

Budget is just a word when it comes to upgrading something. The itch just didn't stop. But going slow currently as I don't want to splurge everything in a single shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Have you auditioned any of these speakers? If not, I suggest you do that pronto.
Not yet. Any place you recommend?

Quote:
What king of Sound signature do you like? Warm, bright, neutral, debatable, but auditioning various speakers sets will bring out the difference in them.
How do you define all those words?!

I am not that heavy level audiophile. Regular music (Bollywood, south regional languages preferred especially Tamil).

Quote:
Why not an amp right now?
Yes, thinking since yesterday night. Blaupunkt EMA455. How's that?

Quote:
Also, I do not see a mention of Sub?
Na. Not looking at Sub at all. Don't want to compromise on the already small boot.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 02:40   #2400
BHPian

Quote:

Not yet. Any place you recommend?
I am sure there are many ICE shops in Hyderabad. Its been long since I left Hyderabad. Local members should be able to guide. Most will have those multi unit consoles to try out different combinations. Reliance Digital too has it, for you to get a feel.

Quote:
How do you define all those words?
Wish it could be described in words. You just need to listen and feel for yourself. Hence, audition as many shops as possible, as many combinations as possible. Dont forget to carry your own music with you, as that will give you a good reference.

A Good Read: Audio Dictionary: “Warm” vs “Neutral” vs “Bright,” and the role your brain plays in all this

Quote:
Blaupunkt EMA455. How's that?
No idea about any product in the market. Have not looked into it since selling my esteem 3 years ago. I had installed a Pioneer HU, Rockford Fosgate speakers front and rear, with a Rockford Fosgate Sub. A JBL 4 ch amp powered the front and the sub. Rear were powered by the headunit.

I am sure other members researching into ICE will be able to advice on specific products currently trending.

On a side note, it would be helpful to first find a reliable and reputed installer. Check with him what products and models he stocks.

Quote:
Na. Not looking at Sub at all. Don't want to compromise on the already small boot.
You dont need to have a huge box in the boot. I have seen a couple of compact active subs that can be placed under the passenger seat.

Few Examples:
Blaupunkt XLF 200A 8-inch Under Seat Active Subwoofer

Hamaan HMUS-8 Underseat 8" Active Subwoofer 1500W

There are a few more like these. However, how good or bad they are, that is something you will have check as I have not heard any of them. They are a good option nevertheless.

Happy Hunting. Do keep us updated with your research.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 12th July 2017 at 02:44.
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks