Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 02:20   #2131
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

30K looks quite a nice budget. If you are not crazy about a 2-DIN, please opt for a single DIN good Pioneer and get some good speakers...................

Hi there. Even I'm looking at a budget of 30k, but my idea of price break-up is a bit different here. I had asked you about the following combination sometime back. Can you help me out with it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
@ swiftnfurious : What do you have to say on this combination -

HU - Pioneer AVH-P3350BT
Comps - JBL GTO-609C or Infinity REF6530CS
Amp - JBL GT5-A604 (already have)
Sub - JBL CS-1204B (already have)

Thanks!!
Old 7th October 2011, 15:53   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ swiftnfurious : What do you have to say on this combination -

HU - Pioneer AVH-P3350BT
Comps - JBL GTO-609C or Infinity REF6530CS
Amp - JBL GT5-A604 (already have)
Sub - JBL CS-1204B (already have)

Thanks!!
Quote:
Hi there. Even I'm looking at a budget of 30k, but my idea of price break-up is a bit different here. I had asked you about the following combination sometime back. Can you help me out with it .
Hey, since I was not "quoted", never knew there was a question for me. And I am a newbie in ICE, so don't visit this side of the forum much.

Actually I was surfing about ICE when I was about to install my system 2 years back & then lost track of the product releases.

But I believe Pioneer head units are pretty good. I have GTO 608c in my car & I see that 609c has been launched. When I installed my system, couple of guys asked me NOT to pick up infinity unless you have quite some nice equipment to mate it with. They said that JBL GTO series can pretty much do the job at a much lesser price point. So I will suggest 609c.

Please check the below review of Pioneer product.

Pioneer AVH-P3350BT Double-DIN DVD player

For BEST replies, please PM our moderator "Navin", Satya [Bluraven316], Der Alte etc ! They sure will have more info than me on this.

Edit::
Could you check which are the best audio shops / installers in your place? Please talk to them [3-4 guys if possible] and you will have a clear picture of the products. That's how I learnt most of it. The best guys will always give the same ratings for the same products.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th October 2011 at 15:55.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 16:18   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, since I was not "quoted", never knew there was a question for me..........
Could you check which are the best audio shops / installers in your place? Please talk to them [3-4 guys if possible] and you will have a clear picture of the products. That's how I learnt most of it. The best guys will always give the same ratings for the same products.

Thanks a lot mate!!

I've heard that Pioneer + JBL is a good combination. But I just hope that the 609 isn't too bright. Only an audition can confirm that. I've already consulted Navin Sir and will be asking other mods too.

We don't have many ICE brand options to go for in our city. We just have JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony or Infinity. Other brands like Morel, Polk, Kicker, ID, or Hertz are totally absent. Such is the situation that people over here do not know what door damping means!!

There's just one "Authorized" Dealer/Distributor in our city which deals with the brands I mentioned above, and that's the only option I have. I'm planning to atleast source the damping material from other place and install it myself.

Anyways, thanks again!!
Old 7th October 2011, 17:02   #2134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot mate!!

I've heard that Pioneer + JBL is a good combination. But I just hope that the 609 isn't too bright.
No worries. Even I was told that Pio + JBL makes a very good combo. I have Kenwood 6539U as my HU - was more "bling" stuff with lots of lights and all. Though the HU has not let me down, I still kind of feel that I should have gone in for a Pio. Have one in our Wagon R which is doing the duty without any fuss for the last 6 years or so !

I believe that 609 is bright, if I understand what "bright" means. To give an example - these speakers are excellent when I play the English tracks (with lots of punch [bass?]). But at the same volume, I just can't play the vocals [Malayalam / Bollywood soft tracks]. I have to reduce the volume to almost half to enjoy those or restrict those tracks from piercing into my ears and to sound pleasant. Is this exactly called being "bright" ?

And I was also told that for these kind of vocal tracks [melodies], its better to use Polk speakers [is this called laid back sound?].

I am more of a high volume guy who likes blast music - so JBL still fits 80% of my needs. But when I buy a car later, I would want something that's got a proper balance between the "beat" songs & "melodies". And yes, please let me know the progress of your installation.

Request you to find out from the bhpians of your area where have they done the installation. Also try to check whether it's feasible to drive down some distance to get a better installer.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th October 2011 at 17:04.
Old 7th October 2011, 17:35   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
I believe that 609 is bright, if I understand what "bright" means. To give an example - these speakers are excellent when I play the English tracks (with lots of punch [bass?]). But at the same volume, I just can't play the vocals [Malayalam / Bollywood soft tracks]. I have to reduce the volume to almost half to enjoy those or restrict those tracks from piercing into my ears and to sound pleasant. Is this exactly called being "bright" ?

And I was also told that for these kind of vocal tracks [melodies], its better to use Polk speakers [is this called laid back sound?].

More or less, even I think the same regarding these terms. Brightness mostly comes from the tweeters dealing with the highs. And, laid back speakers derive their property from the mid-range drivers, I suppose.

You can have a look at Sounds Like? An Audio Glossary | Stereophile.com to get some more idea regarding the various terms associated with sound type.

EDIT: And yes, I'll go all out to get a good setup and post all the details about it.

Last edited by manjot1912 : 7th October 2011 at 17:39.
manjot1912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 08:10   #2136
BHPian

Is it advisable to install tweeters in the doors,or they should be exposed as on the dashboard or A-pillars?
How do kicker components fare as compred to Blaupunkt and JBL?
Also should I go for components both at the front and rear or put co-axials in the rear?

Last edited by inder : 10th October 2011 at 08:12.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:29   #2137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Is it advisable to install tweeters in the doors,or they should be exposed as on the dashboard or A-pillars?
How do kicker components fare as compred to Blaupunkt and JBL?
Also should I go for components both at the front and rear or put co-axials in the rear?
In the door the tweeters are closer to the midwoofer and hence integrate better. On the dash or OVRM position they are closer to ear level and hence they lift the sound a bit. However in no case is is essential to leave the tweeters exposed and glued in place. Over time the glue will wear off or a over zealous car cleaner will knock them.

If you are putting tweeters in the rear make sure they are not located so that are close to the front passenger's ear (like high on the rear doors for example).

As far as which brand, it is best to listen.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:34   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you are putting tweeters in the rear make sure they are not located so that are close to the front passenger's ear (like high on the rear doors for example).

Which suggests that I can install a pair of components at the back as well.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:05   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Hope you got your car.
Any update about my query on HU?
Hey, I was so exited about my new swift that I forgot about this anyways my SA at Bimal Whitefield says that the HU is Kenwood and it does not have any pre-outs to connect a subwoofer. He also told me that you could connect a Active subwoofer though.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:32   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Hey, I was so exited about my new swift that I forgot about this anyways my SA at Bimal Whitefield says that the HU is Kenwood and it does not have any pre-outs to connect a subwoofer. He also told me that you could connect a Active subwoofer though.
Thanks Buddy.
Enjoy your new toy.
Old 11th October 2011, 08:04   #2141
BHPian

Should only a pair of front components suffice for a self driven swift? Rare seat is used only 5-10% of the time and that too not by me.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:24   #2142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which suggests that I can install a pair of components at the back as well.
Quote:
Should only a pair of front components suffice for a self driven swift? Rare seat is used only 5-10% of the time and that too not by me.
Components are good at the middle and upper frequencies but given the volume of the door they cant really go very low. So if the music you listen to needs bass a subwoofer or atleast pair of 6x9s in the rear would help. Even a pair of Coax in the rear door will help.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 22:36   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Gopal View Post
JBL component speakers GTO6508C are good. I am using it in my Fabia (rear doors).
There is a JBL dealer in Nagarabhavi area - if that location is convenient for you.
He is an exclusive JBL dealer
#239,10th Cross,4th Main,NGEF Layout,, Nrupathunganagar, Nagarbhavi Ist stage, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560072 080 2321 8582 ‎
I am looking for ICE for Swift and looks like all the good ICE showrooms are in other part of Bangalore (am in NLO) I am planning to visit this store, can you please tell the name of the shop and did you get the ICE for your car done here?
Old 13th October 2011, 22:55   #2144
BHPian

Today I placed an order for seat covers at Imperial (based on the positive feedbacks here) and it would be ready for fitment some time next week and I also need to get ICE for Swfit Vxi. Now I have two questions:

1. Do you recommend that the installation of ICE be done before the seat covers are fitted or it does not matter (if i were to assume the folks doing ICE would be gentle).
2. Got the following quote from Auto Shop in Kormangala:
HU: Kenwood 7046BT @ 11K [Bluetooth is a requirement for me to make/receive calls while on the drive] KDC-U7046BT | 1DIN Receivers | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation
Front Speakers: JBL Components @ 4.5K
Rear Speakers: JBL Co-axials @ 3.2K (280 Watts)/ 3.5 K for 300 Watts
Plank: 800
Wooden Rings: 150

I am assuming it to be reasonable, while someone recommended me adding Amplifiers. Let me know if the HU can take care of it now and I could upgrade to in future along with a sub-woofer may be.

I had also shortlisted Pioneer DEH 6250BT for HU. I would appreciate any feedbacks you can provide.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:24   #2145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranxter View Post
2. Got the following quote from Auto Shop in Kormangala:
HU: Kenwood 7046BT
Front Speakers: JBL Components @ 4.5K
Rear Speakers: JBL Co-axials @ 3.2K

I am assuming it to be reasonable, while someone recommended me adding Amplifiers. Let me know if the HU can take care of it now.
This is fine for now. When you upgrade with a subwoofer get a good amp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks