Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 16:37   #2116
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Hi team,I am getting delivery of my swift vdi next week .Wanted to know the stock speaker location and their sizes.I guess there must be four slots.
Also suggestions are invited from experts for a budget setup.I am against cutting stock car for speakers.So I need speakers that will fit into stock locations.My budget is around 15k and can stretch to 20k.No apms and woofers for me.Just a decent sounding HU and good speakers.
Any HU should be 2-Din and must have bluetooth. 2-Din can be compromised if budget is exceeded.Thanks in advance.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:14   #2117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi team,I am getting delivery of my swift vdi next week .Wanted to know the stock speaker location and their sizes.I guess there must be four slots.
Also suggestions are invited from experts for a budget setup.I am against cutting stock car for speakers.So I need speakers that will fit into stock locations.My budget is around 15k and can stretch to 20k.No apms and woofers for me.Just a decent sounding HU and good speakers.
Any HU should be 2-Din and must have bluetooth. 2-Din can be compromised if budget is exceeded.Thanks in advance.
The stock speaker locations take 6" co-axials. Any decent sounding co-axials in 6" diameter should serve your purpose well. For HU, if you aren't hell bent on a Double DIN, go for the Pioneer 5 or 6 series HU's. They offer the most value for money IMO.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:53   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The stock speaker locations take 6" co-axials. Any decent sounding co-axials in 6" diameter should serve your purpose well. For HU, if you aren't hell bent on a Double DIN, go for the Pioneer 5 or 6 series HU's. They offer the most value for money IMO.
Hey thanks moralfibre,also wanted to thank you for the extended warranty reply.I am assuming 6" are for the front speakers.Are there speaker locations at the rear aswell? or do we have to cutout the parcel tray?
Although I am not hellbent on 2-din,I prefer its looks.And would only get one if it fits within my budget.
Old 21st September 2011, 23:36   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
. .. . . . .I am assuming 6" are for the front speakers.Are there speaker locations at the rear aswell? or do we have to cutout the parcel tray?
. . . . . .

6" provisions are present in rear doors as well. But, if at all you plan to install speakers on rear parcel tray then you'll have to change the tray provided by Maruti & install MDF tray. The material of the stock tray is so thin & light that, IMO, wouldn't be able to withstand weight more than 3-4 kgs.

Last edited by manjot1912 : 21st September 2011 at 23:37.
Old 1st October 2011, 06:16   #2120
BHPian

Hello All,

I will be getting my New Swift Vdi on 3/Oct. Initially I was planning to install the same head unit which comes with Zdi since it goes well with the interiors + dont have to worry about removing the Front panel everytime I park my car on the roads, however on enquring with my SA, I was told that the Cost of the head unit is around 15k (without speakers), I felt he just guessed the price. But anyways came to know to that it does not have Bluetooth and also there's no provision to attach a subwoofer to it.

So now I am in the market looking for a Headunit (preferebly a 2 Din). I have enquired at shop in Whitefield, Bangalore (Forgot the name, but its opposite to Apollo Clinic) and was informed that JVC is the best and was quoted around 16k.

Can someone please let me know if there's any good ICE shops in and around Whitefield/Marathahelli (Bangalore).

Also my budget would be around 25-30k (Headunit+Speakers+Subwoofer), can someone please advise on what options I have. Can strech a bit if required.

TIA,
Raghu
Old 2nd October 2011, 05:41   #2121
BHPian

Guys can I fit the grill (as in zdi) on A -pillar of my vdi to install tweeters there. I hate visible speakers. Also my earlier query of installing ICE at around 15k went unanswered. Any suggestions?
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:49   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Guys can I fit the grill (as in zdi) on A -pillar of my vdi to install tweeters there. I hate visible speakers. Also my earlier query of installing ICE at around 15k went unanswered. Any suggestions?

Hi Inder. Even I had a similar query regarding the tweeter grill and a fellow BHPian replied that the grills can be bought later from Maruti itself.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:39   #2123
BHPian

^^ Ok. Dont know when will they be available. They dint even have mud flaps for the new swift.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:46   #2124
BHPian

Exactly. The availability of MGA parts for New Swift is still a question mark. When I asked about the grills, the SE said it's not available.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:13   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Can someone please let me know if there's any good ICE shops in and around Whitefield/Marathahelli (Bangalore).
You can check with EVO in Ulsoor or Sachin autoshop in Koramangala, Both are reputed audio installers.BTW i am waiting for my ZDI. Why it is not possible to connect subwoofer. Is it possible if i install an amp to the stereo. Also any idea about the brand of the speakers used? HU is nippon.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:25   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
You can check with EVO in Ulsoor or Sachin autoshop in Koramangala, Both are reputed audio installers.BTW i am waiting for my ZDI. Why it is not possible to connect subwoofer. Is it possible if i install an amp to the stereo. Also any idea about the brand of the speakers used? HU is nippon.
As I said I was very keen on getting the HU from ZDi for my Vdi, so I aksed for the Tech specifications of the HU but no one had any idea about it and they asked me the check Maruti website but when discussed about this with Accessory guy at Bimal Whitefield, he confirmed that there's something (dont remmember the exact word) which is missing and we cannot connect an Amp or Subwoofer to it.

Anyways I will be going to collect my car tommorow and will get the exact details.

R
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:41   #2127
BHPian

Thanks 1000bhp For the quick responds. I put a query in maruti website about this.Te responds was to check with nearest dealer. None of the dealers have a clear idea about this. SE at pratham motors told the HU is nippon.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:42   #2128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So now I am in the market looking for a Headunit (preferebly a 2 Din)....was informed that JVC is the best and was quoted around 16k.

Also my budget would be around 25-30k (Headunit+Speakers+Subwoofer), can someone please advise on what options I have. Can strech a bit if required.
If you want the best in ICE installer, Anwar [Top Gear?] is the guy ! I guess he is somewhere near Jyothi Nivas College, Koramangala. But he charges a premium for the work - He was charging 14K for installation [including wres, damping etc] alone for the prev gen Swift.

30K looks quite a nice budget. If you are not crazy about a 2-DIN, please opt for a single DIN good Pioneer and get some good speakers. I would say unless you plan to upgrade later, please dont spend so much on JVC. On top, if you are OK with grey market stuff, you WILL find substantial savings too. [I had grey market stuff & have no problems for the last 2+ years].

Otherwise, as mentioned EVO & Sachin's shop in Koramangala are also good installers - EVO is better I would say since Satya is more of an ICE guy.

Quote:
Also my earlier query of installing ICE at around 15k went unanswered. Any suggestions?
I would say 15K is not much for the Swift ICE. You might need to do good damping / installation to prevent rattling. Product wise you should be able to pick up a pair of co-axials for 3.5K, rear 6x9s for 3K & a good HU for 5-6K [grey market] ! And spend the rest on installation & damping. Mind you, that will be more of a budget install & you may not get the BEST quality sound output.
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:45   #2129
BHPian

@ swiftnfurious : What do you have to say on this combination -

HU - Pioneer AVH-P3350BT
Comps - JBL GTO-609C or Infinity REF6530CS
Amp - JBL GT5-A604 (already have)
Sub - JBL CS-1204B (already have)

Thanks!!
Old 4th October 2011, 19:36   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways I will be going to collect my car tommorow and will get the exact details.
R
Hope you got your car.
Any update about my query on HU?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks