Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 11:19   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys

I am looking for a basic VFM setup and i need following inputs

1. USB HU(pioneer 2190, panasonic CQRx 322(???) or kenwood,JVC in same range)
2. I dont want sub or amps, so do i need a component speaker ? (will i see a great difference compared to coax if HU drives it)
3. Since most of the times i drive alone or with my wife, i am thinking if i need back speakers(even if i go for it, its strictly for door only)
4. I am thinking of say 6K for HU and around 4K for speakers(2 comps for front or 4 coax for doors?) if its really worth it i can stretch by 1-2K more. I guess this should be enough for JBLs
5. Recommend place ? guy near my area quotes 6800 for pioneer 2190!!! and i see in the forum that its available for around 5.5 with b&w (I dont mind going for JC road as well, but prefer going to a shop which is recommended)

Last edited by rajshenoy : 15th December 2009 at 11:30.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:39   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
5. Recommend place ? guy near my area quotes 6800 for pioneer 2190!!! and i see in the forum that its available for around 5.5 with b&w (I dont mind going for JC road as well, but prefer going to a shop which is recommended)
Konark Auto Accessories opposite MTR on lalbagh road!!
Old 6th January 2010, 16:15   #2043
BHPian

Guys, I need your inputs again

My friend is getting me a kenwood x993 from US. I need advice on speakers

Fronts Components
Rear Co-axials on the MDF plank

My better half is a classical singer. and she wants to make out all the notes in the sound. Hence would require your advise which can satisfy my simple requirements.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

One more advise also sought. Which will be the best location for the microphone on Swift from the HU to use it with my mobile

Thanks a ton
Old 7th January 2010, 17:59   #2044
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, I need your inputs again

My friend is getting me a kenwood x993 from US. I need advice on speakers

Fronts Components
Rear Co-axials on the MDF plank

My better half is a classical singer. and she wants to make out all the notes in the sound. Hence would require your advise which can satisfy my simple requirements.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

One more advise also sought. Which will be the best location for the microphone on Swift from the HU to use it with my mobile

Thanks a ton
I would advice you to got for Infinity compos...

See : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ice-setup.html
Old 8th January 2010, 09:26   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I would advice you to got for Infinity compos...

See : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ice-setup.html
Mithun

Thanks for your reply. Believe Infinity Reference 6030CS for the front doors and Infinity Reference 9633i 6x9's on a wooden plank at the rear would work for me. Any idea about the costing part.

Did anyone setup the same combination for classical music
Old 8th January 2010, 10:09   #2046
BHPian

Gurus,

Am looking to fit my swift up with some good bass kicking ICE. Suggestions are welcome. Would require your advice at the earliest since my friend is scheduled to come back from the US and would like him to purchase it from there. Please suggest HU with USB, also the type of cables. Thanks.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:14   #2047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Infinity Reference 6030CS for the front doors and Infinity Reference 9633i 6x9's on a wooden plank at the rear would work for me. Did anyone setup the same combination for classical music
My mom uses 6020 in her NHC and she listens to Baroque and other Western classical stuff.
Old 21st February 2010, 01:05   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
have been reading a lot of your posts- so thought I'd ask you for some 'sound' advice,

I need to suggest an ICE setup for my friends swift (base model) for 25K (including install)

could you help me out here? Prefer to get products form the grey market, but what all to order is the big q.

HU+Front compos+Amp+Sub+/- Rear coax

Could you suggest 2-3 setups that would work?
I need the brand/model no and approx grey price
the SPL option
JBL GTO 608 fronts
JBL GT5 S 265 rear (doors)
JBL GT5 S422/Kenwood KAC 5203 amp
JBL GT5 12" sub
Pioneer 2150/2250

the SQ option -
Kenwood/Alpine HU
SQ components up front like illusion/hertz/infinity etc, and 6x9's from the same series in the rear in a wooden parcel tray

both should fall in the 20-25k budget
Old 21st February 2010, 10:14   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
JBL GT5 S422/
Why do you suggest a 2-channel amp to this setup?
The 4-ch costs just ~5.5k in grey.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:26   #2050
Senior - BHPian

since his budget was tight.
And prices in kerala are a bit on the higher side. (the dude who PM'd me this located in kerala)

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st February 2010 at 20:27.
Old 5th March 2010, 07:41   #2051
Senior - BHPian

New Audio Install On Swift:HELP NEEDED

HI guys,
I am getting a new swift in a weeks time(vdi with abs) and I would like do to an audio installation for the same. I really dont know much about audio systems and really need help in choosing the right ones.
I have a budget of around 20k and could extend it at the max to 25k.
I went to new metal effect the other day and he gave a suggestion:
He just told me to go in for a really big kenwood 9x5 oval speakers with a 2ch amp at the rear. He said that more than enough for the entire car.
I was little skeptical for the fact that only 2 speakers will be there in the car.
The quote he gave me was 7k for speakers,7k for a good 2ch amp,7k for system with HPF and LPF.1k for parcel tray and 2k for installation and wires.That works upto 24k which I felt I was being cheated because i didnt know much.

A friend of mine suggested a descent system with hpf ,lpf then a fron polk component speaker and rear oval speaker and use a 4ch amp for all the 4 speakers.

I really need the help of the gurus for this install.
Old 5th March 2010, 08:28   #2052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
HI guys,
I am getting a new swift in a weeks time(vdi with abs) and I would like do to an audio installation for the same. I really dont know much about audio systems and really need help in choosing the right ones.
I have a budget of around 20k and could extend it at the max to 25k.
I went to new metal effect the other day and he gave a suggestion:
He just told me to go in for a really big kenwood 9x5 oval speakers with a 2ch amp at the rear. He said that more than enough for the entire car.
I was little skeptical for the fact that only 2 speakers will be there in the car.
The quote he gave me was 7k for speakers,7k for a good 2ch amp,7k for system with HPF and LPF.1k for parcel tray and 2k for installation and wires.That works upto 24k which I felt I was being cheated because i didnt know much.

A friend of mine suggested a descent system with hpf ,lpf then a fron polk component speaker and rear oval speaker and use a 4ch amp for all the 4 speakers.

I really need the help of the gurus for this install.

24 K for a 6x9, 2ch Amp and HU - Is there anybody here who could beat this ripoff ?

You can get a much much better sounding system for that 24K, please head else where

You could opt for a good HU - Kenwood / Alpine in 8-10K range
A set of components upfront - JBL/POlk/Hertz/Boston - 5-7K
A set of 6x9 at rear parcel tray - 3-5K
A 2-Ch Amp for components - 4-6K
Wiring and Install - 1.5K

Total - ~ 26K
Old 5th March 2010, 09:30   #2053
BHPian

Why do you need a 6X9, Get the components and a subwoofer instead.

HU - 8-10
Compo - 4K JBL 608
Sub - 3-4K Jbl GT5 S12
4-channel Amp - 6-7K JBL GT5-S644
Wiring/install - 2k

SO 23 - 27K
Old 5th March 2010, 10:01   #2054
Senior - BHPian

The guy you went to is really trying to rip you off. Take it easy, and first take time and effort to listen to different brands of speakers. Maybe you should meet up with the Chennai BHPians and audition their cars, so that you have a clear idea what you want.

As Mi10 suggested, to start perhaps the best would be -
* Components in front
* 6x9s on a good plank in the rear
* A 4-ch amp
* An HU that has facilities that you will use (not features that you wouldn't)

Usually the above is manageable in 20-25K. Hold off on the sub for the time being, till you are familiar with what your system is capable of, and know what you are missing. Whenever that happens, put in a sub in a sealed box, drive it with 2 channels (bridged) of your 4 ch amp. The 6x9s can then be shifted to the HU.

Another approach could be leave the amp out at this moment, and drive both the front components and the rear 6x9s from the HU (totally 15-17K). Save the rest of the money from your current budget, and when you are ready for the sub, add the sub and 4-ch amp - 2 channels for the front, and 2 channels bridged for the sub (~10K).
Old 5th March 2010, 10:20   #2055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
24 K for a 6x9, 2ch Amp and HU - Is there anybody here who could beat this ripoff ?

You can get a much much better sounding system for that 24K, please head else where

You could opt for a good HU - Kenwood / Alpine in 8-10K range
A set of components upfront - JBL/POlk/Hertz/Boston - 5-7K
A set of 6x9 at rear parcel tray - 3-5K
A 2-Ch Amp for components - 4-6K
Wiring and Install - 1.5K

Total - ~ 26K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Why do you need a 6X9, Get the components and a subwoofer instead.

HU - 8-10
Compo - 4K JBL 608
Sub - 3-4K Jbl GT5 S12
4-channel Amp - 6-7K JBL GT5-S644
Wiring/install - 2k

SO 23 - 27K
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The guy you went to is really trying to rip you off. Take it easy, and first take time and effort to listen to different brands of speakers. Maybe you should meet up with the Chennai BHPians and audition their cars, so that you have a clear idea what you want.

As Mi10 suggested, to start perhaps the best would be -
* Components in front
* 6x9s on a good plank in the rear
* A 4-ch amp
* An HU that has facilities that you will use (not features that you wouldn't)

Usually the above is manageable in 20-25K. Hold off on the sub for the time being, till you are familiar with what your system is capable of, and know what you are missing. Whenever that happens, put in a sub in a sealed box, drive it with 2 channels (bridged) of your 4 ch amp. The 6x9s can then be shifted to the HU.

Another approach could be leave the amp out at this moment, and drive both the front components and the rear 6x9s from the HU (totally 15-17K). Save the rest of the money from your current budget, and when you are ready for the sub, add the sub and 4-ch amp - 2 channels for the front, and 2 channels bridged for the sub (~10K).

The thing is I am worried about the really tiny boot space that is in the swift. Will be using it many times on long trips. So am again thinking twice about the sub .

What i would really like is a good front component with a good rear speaker along with a head unit and a amp.

Few questions ,sorry if I sound dumb. really dont know anything about this.

1) which brand to go for the speakers? polk was suggested by my friend .

2) which headunit to go for ? the cheaper the better ?

3)in addition to the rear ovals do we need a rear door panel speaker or component ?

4)how to decide between a 4ch amp and a 2 ch amp ?

5) should i go in for ovals or components at the back ?

6) what about the woofer which is fitted in the rear parcel tray ?

Sorry for boring you with the doubts .But would love to get it cleared !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks