BANNED

Upgrade pics.

Here we go.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-13092009079.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-13092009080.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-dsc02563.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-dsc02564.jpg  

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 14th September 2009 at 18:39.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:12   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
You got the HU from US I guess. Other than that how was the installation from Autofusion? Are you happy with it?
Old 14th September 2009, 19:19   #1983
BANNED

Tushar Anwar is still there at his old location or moved as heard he shifted to somewhere near Jyoti Nivas college area.
Old 14th September 2009, 20:07   #1984
BHPian

Quote:

Tushar Anwar is still there at his old location or moved as heard he shifted to somewhere near Jyoti Nivas college area
Yup Anwar is still there i believe.

Thanks,
Tushar

Quote:
You got the HU from US I guess. Other than that how was the installation from Autofusion? Are you happy with it?
Yes i am very much satisfied with the installation,if you stay near by indiranager you can check demo on my car too... offer valid for team-bhpian only :-)

Thanks,
Tushar

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th September 2009 at 20:55. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 23:49   #1985
BHPian

Nice Vids. Ajay. Those GZRC 16x midbass is kicking really superb.
Old 15th September 2009, 09:06   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Hello Ajay,

Try this songs in your car and let us know hows its going . hope this will rock your car

http://www.unixforum.info/Boom.MP33

Just let me know once you download so that i can takeout from above location.

Thanks,
Tushar Gohil
Old 15th September 2009, 10:43   #1987
BHPian

Ice

I have attached my HU PIC check this out...
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-picture-090.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-picture-093.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-picture-095.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift-picture-099.jpg  

Old 15th September 2009, 11:41   #1988
BANNED

Sure mate by evening after DL this song from home i'll post to remove this.
Thanks for the song
Old 15th September 2009, 11:51   #1989
BHPian

Ajay, Your enclosure is very cute at that size.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:52   #1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

At present I have Pio 7950UB & getting connector problem with Face plate & the HU, Decided to change,

Suggest a HU of only 2 models, one with USB & ipod full support[budget15k] & other one with DVD[budget 20k] +already said options.

I am not able to finalise the HU model b'caz of many models suggested/recommended in thread's.

suggest me only 2 models which is most preferable.
I also the have Pioneer 7950UB HU and there is this problem of the face plate not getting connected to the main HU. I think its the connectors which are the culprit. But in may case, taking the FacePlate out and putting it back resolves the issue 8 out of 10 times. Rest of the time little bit of jiggling with the face plate and it comes up.

And for the Gurus here, need your help to see if I have the right kind of set up here.

As Mentioned - HU is Pionner 7950 UB
Speakers - Sony Xplod 6" Fitted in rear door and 6x9 Co-Ax on the rear parcel tray.

I am not satisfied with overall audio quality of this set up as compared to the set up that I have in mt other car Santo (Blaupunkt MP35 with JBL CS Series in the front and GTO-936 (6x9) on the rear parcel tray.

Is there anything wrong with my selection of Speakers and HU? Or is it the wiring quality?

Need help on how to improve the overall SQ but cant spend more than 20k (no DVD required but USB/iPod compatibility a must) on the upgrade, if really required.
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:53   #1991
BHPian

Gagan, why did you fit speakers in the rear door and NOT in the front doors? Do you drive yourself or have a driver for you?

Even if you have a driver, moving the speakers from rear doors to the front will improve the sound. Rest, Sony speakers are considered no great shakes here at this forum- so everyone will advise you to change the speakers. For a good solution aimed at better SQ- how about:

1. Get 2-way components in the front (Illusion, JBL, Hertz, Bull etc.) (between 5-7k)
2. Get a 4-channel amp and power your components and rear 6x9s from it (5k)
3. Wiring and damping for the front doors (5k)

PS: You have a good HU btw.
PS2: I never heard of a car named Santo. Have heard of many Santo and Banto jokes in Punjabi though.

Last edited by greenh0rn : 3rd October 2009 at 01:02.
Old 4th October 2009, 16:56   #1992

I know the following may have been already addressed before. My search didn't yield right information.

I have a Swift ZXi with Stock HU and Speakers. I am planning to upgrade the front speakers and add tweeters and also add 4 Channel Amp and a Sub Woofer. Would like to keep the HU and rear speakers for sometime.

Can fellow team-bhpians point me to right postings or threads or can respond to this posting? Can I know the options I hav,e I mean the various Components, Amps and Sub Woofer combination? My budget is upto 20K!

Would you also suggest me to go for dampening of the front doors and boot?

Any pointers or response is appreciated.

Many thanks
Old 4th October 2009, 18:34   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepax View Post
... I am planning to upgrade the front speakers and add tweeters and also add 4 Channel Amp and a Sub Woofer. Would like to keep the HU and rear speakers for sometime. ...
Damping the front doors and the hatch is recommendable, and should cost you about 4-5K. You could do it while upgrading, or wait for the rattles and buzzes to appear and then do the damping.

You don't need to buy separate tweeters. Put a set of components in front - components are a set of mid-bass (which is mounted in the door location) and tweeters, which mount either on the ORVM pod, or at the base of the A-pillar or on the door (top, near where the door pad meets the dash). You could get Blaupunkt (ODc or THc), JBL (GT5 or GTO), Infinity, Illusion, Boston or Polk components. Each has its unique sound signature, so it is always recommended that you audition them - in cars if possible - to determine which ones you like. ~4-6K

Buy a 200-300Wrms sub (either in a prefinished box, or get a box made to its specs) of Blau, JBL, Ground Zero, Polk etc. - ~3-6K

Buy a moderate 4-channel amp - Blau GTA4 Mk2 Spl, JBL A604, Kenwood 8404 or Pioneer (6300?). Drive the front components with one pair of channels, bridge the other pair and drive the sub. ~6K

If the stock HU does not have Pre-outs (quite likely), you may need to to get a Line Output Converter. This, as well as cables etc. should cost you another 1.5-2K. Buy a good pair of RCA cables (avoid Boss and other low-quality ones). For power etc., any good brand like Finolex, L&T, Havell etc. should do.
Old 4th October 2009, 23:36   #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
... You don't need to buy separate tweeters. Put a set of components in front - components are a set of mid-bass ...
Thanks a ton DerAlte. This will definitely give me a head start. I will be doing my bit of visits to few of popular shops/people (in Team-BHP) tomorrow in Koramangala area.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:23   #1995

DerAlte, please remove my posting below. The posting is not formatted although it looked so while composing!

I will repost it with right format.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks