Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 15:12   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Which combo are you contemplating upon.
There are many equipment mentioned in the 3 posts you have quoted.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:05   #1922
Senior - BHPian

@tush, please understand their polite statement of sentiment: PLEASE DON'T PLAY MUSIC TOO LOUD FOR OUR COMFORT!
Old 19th August 2009, 17:12   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Which combo are you contemplating upon.
There are many equipment mentioned in the 3 posts you have quoted.
Its the second option as you mentioned.

Illusions EL6.1 + JBL1004 amp + GZ 30T sub + Damping + Wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@tush, please understand their polite statement of sentiment: PLEASE DON'T PLAY MUSIC TOO LOUD FOR OUR COMFORT!
Sorry I cant hear you .

How should I justify better ? As I have yet to go for the above ICE

Last edited by tush : 19th August 2009 at 17:32.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:13   #1924
Senior - BHPian

It will be an amazing combination IMO.
Are you able to source the JBL 1004 as i heard its not easily available right now.

I had the Illusion + JBL combo in my car for quite a time and it sounded brilliant.

The 30T is a really amazing sub for the price it is offered at.
Heard it being powered off 2 channels of a blaupunkt GT4 MkII and it sounded brilliant. There were illusions in the front and the sub really integrated well with the fronts well.

I have also heard the clarion + illusion + some amp ( i don't remember) combo and the TA does wonders to the fronts.

Do get proper damping to enjoy the ICE more than the RE(rattling entertainment )
Old 19th August 2009, 20:21   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post

I have a question thats irritating me. Courtesy my friends and family.

Is the sound level produced by the above equipment, justified as per the space inside the car?

I am more for SQ.

I am a noob, so answer my stupid question so that I can justify the(more) increment in my budget as well.
What about the above though.
Old 19th August 2009, 21:17   #1926
Senior - BHPian

It sure is justified to spend the extra amount on the stuff.
Since you are in Pune. Why not ask bass&trouble to point you to someone who is using similar equipment or similar and audition it.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:25   #1927
Senior - BHPian

@tush, the justification is rather simple: One buys a large and powerful car for the comfort of it and not to put the full power to use *all* the time. A good ICE system is used - most of the time - to listen to music at moderate volume but with much better quality of reproduction. Of course it can go loud - *when* you want it to go loud.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:55   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
It sure is justified to spend the extra amount on the stuff.
Since you are in Pune. Why not ask bass&trouble to point you to someone who is using similar equipment or similar and audition it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@tush, the justification is rather simple: One buys a large and powerful car for the comfort of it and not to put the full power to use *all* the time. A good ICE system is used - most of the time - to listen to music at moderate volume but with much better quality of reproduction. Of course it can go loud - *when* you want it to go loud.
Thanks both of you for giving moral technical support via justification. That confirms I am on the same thought process as you in justifying the irritating questions from family and friends

I had an opportunity to audition two Palio's yesterday. Both had these things in common
Pioneer 6050HU
JBL four channel amp,
JBL woofer with sealed enclosure(factory made)
A mono. amp.
Dont remember the model of amps.
Both of them had no damping done.(Had no Rattling Entertainment)

The first palio was set up = Velocity Comps in front + THc comps in rear driven by four channel amp + sub driven by mono. bloc.

I had never heard anything good before then this in car audio. But felt a bit bright.

The second palio was set up = Illusion EL 6.1 in front driven by 2 channel of the amps + Sub driven by remaining 2 channels in bridge mode.
The mono was not connected as had some settings to be done.

Found substantial difference in both of them.
Velocity sound so much more wanting then Illusion. Velocity is so much more crisp and clear then Illusion. But constant hearing would get a feeling of too bright.

But I dont want to jump at the conclusion as velocity dude said that he had a thought of switching to Illusion but not any more as he is used to velocity now. Also he said that TA is not required in a small car like swift ?
Is that correct ?

The first Palio had rear fills. That also made a difference is what i felt.
Am i correct in saying that if you dont have a rear feel there is a kind of emptiness in the overall projection of the sound to our hearing senses?

add your inputs friends. I am a poor fellow and hoping for a good one time investment atleast for now. Cant afford changing stuff frequently as others do as alloys and tyre change is also in the pipeline.

Also is the Ground Zero sub 30T with factory fitted sealed enclosure as JBL.

@ahinav yes B&T would have done ICE for many people in Pune. I can audition them.

@B&T can you throw some inputs on my query?

Last edited by tush : 21st August 2009 at 15:04.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:42   #1929
BHPian

Tush, three quick points:

1. If you are confused between Velocity and Illusions, listen to at least 2 more set ups that use these sets of components. It'll help you decide better. Remember, getting good satisfaction with car audio is always a matter of actually hearing stuff before you buy, not reading on TBHP or any other forums (as I learnt the hard way 4 years ago)

2. TA has nothing to do with the size of the car. In fact, TA actually does wonders for midbass performance (helps avoid phase cancellation, which is one of the biggest reason why many people say midbasses don't sound good the way they are supposed to). It also helps merge the sub with front stage. For these two reasons alone, TA matters a lot.

3. GZ won't come with a factory fitted enclosure. But your installer/GZ dealer will be able to design and make you an enclosure that gives optimal sub performance.

Bonus point 4: Rear fills is a rather cheap thrill- plonk in any good set of 6x9 coax (or the size that fits your doors), power them off HU and you got the thrill.

Hope it helps..
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:53   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

After alot of posts, discussions, Pms and confusions. Here is what i have planned my upgrade to be: -

Current Set-up

Head Unit : Pioneer 7950
Fr Comp : JBL GTO 606Ce
Rear 6X9s : JBL GTO 937
12" Sub : Infinity Ref 1200T (Installed in a sealed box)
4-Ch Amp - JBL GTO 75.4 (Driving the Compos & 6X9s)
Monoblock - JBL GTO 301.1 (Driving the sub)

Proposed upgrade

Head Unit : Alpine 9887 (Looking out for preferably a Pioneer)
Fr Comp : Illusion Carbon Nd 6.1
Rear 6X9s : DLS Reference R-694 OR DLS Reference R-1073
12" Sub : Ground Zero GZRW 12XD-AL (Installed in a sealed box)
4-Ch Amp - JBL GTO 75.4 (Driving the Compos & 6X9s)
Monoblock - JBL GTO 301.1 (Driving the sub)

Kindly let me know what you guys think of the above set-up.

Epic
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:04   #1931
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant Choice epic

Is your car the swift only.
If yes, why the rears. You can leave them and bi-amp the illusion carbons.

You'll never need the rears after that i am sure.
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:29   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant Choice epic

Is your car the swift only.
If yes, why the rears. You can leave them and bi-amp the illusion carbons.

You'll never need the rears after that i am sure.
Hi Abhinav,

Yes the car is a Swift. Rears to help fill the entire soundstage.
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:54   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Tush, three quick points:

1. If you are confused between Velocity and Illusions, listen to at least 2 more set ups that use these sets of components. It'll help you decide better. Remember, getting good satisfaction with car audio is always a matter of actually hearing stuff before you buy, not reading on TBHP or any other forums (as I learnt the hard way 4 years ago)

2. TA has nothing to do with the size of the car. In fact, TA actually does wonders for midbass performance (helps avoid phase cancellation, which is one of the biggest reason why many people say midbasses don't sound good the way they are supposed to). It also helps merge the sub with front stage. For these two reasons alone, TA matters a lot.

3. GZ won't come with a factory fitted enclosure. But your installer/GZ dealer will be able to design and make you an enclosure that gives optimal sub performance.

Bonus point 4: Rear fills is a rather cheap thrill- plonk in any good set of 6x9 coax (or the size that fits your doors), power them off HU and you got the thrill.

Hope it helps..
Thanks for the suggestion greenh0rn. Yes I am looking to audition one or two more setups that are exact or atleast somewhat similar to my budget requirement.

The GZ 30T is without an enclosure. And I am not sure from wherever I get this done the enclosure provided would be good enough for the subwoofer. But I am sure it should make a lot of difference in SQ with a company provided enclosure like its for JBL 1204B/R, as JBL must have invested a lot of money in the design factor. Not sure. Lets see which one would be better option.

About the JBL1004 amp its confirmed from Sound Factor JBL Franchise that its discontinued. Not sure about any other good amp with similar performance. They said I can go for 1215 amp which is half the price.

About the rear fills will make a decision on the day of installation if I am not satisfied with the soundstage.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:52   #1934
Senior - BHPian

You can go in for the Infinity Reference 475a.

Preety good amp, good alternate to the 1004.
Available for around 12k i suppose.
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:19   #1935
BHPian

Tush, about your enclosure query- its design, as long as it is a sealed enclosure, is a simple matter of getting the internal volume right. There is no rocket science involves as such and in fact many guys like to build their enclosures themselves (a simple nice DIY job). Even you could do that, if you have access to tools and time. Else, your dealer will be happy to get one made for you. Remember, it's just the volume of the enclosure that matters, so all you need is a carpenter- even someone who isn't terrific at his job!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks