Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:14   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
...You didn't need to do the area around the speaker grille?
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
?????????? Sir I could not understand what are you asking...
I was wondering whether the area around the speaker grille on the door pad (lower LHS corner, in your pic) needed to be damped.
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:37   #692
Senior - BHPian

Guys.!
Next project of Mr Low Bhains Makker:
After Installing the Steg amp in every possible angle in the boot( vertical, horizontal n inclined) now he's gonna install the Steg amp on the dashboard in front for better cooling.
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:13   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Guys.!
Next project of Mr Low Bhains Makker:
After Installing the Steg amp in every possible angle in the boot( vertical, horizontal n inclined) now he's gonna install the Steg amp on the dashboard in front for better cooling.
Hmmm..nice one KP....but the present location is a good one.....so am planning to stick to it......no changes what so ever will be done.....
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:00   #694
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the explaination lbm it was an Indica with open windows & the restaurant i was in was open air. What i want to know is what kindof sub can generate such far reaching low freqcies. I mean it must be an expensive steup right.

anyways sorry if its OT
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:15   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
thanks for the explaination lbm it was an Indica with open windows & the restaurant i was in was open air. What i want to know is what kindof sub can generate such far reaching low freqcies. I mean it must be an expensive steup right.

anyways sorry if its OT
No not necessary even a pair of pioneer sub driven by a fake alpine amp can do the trick........
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:24   #696
Senior - BHPian

oh ok thanks for the info :-)
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:35   #697
Senior - BHPian

Lbm,
Another Enclosure for Sub ?? Aur kuch kam nahin hai kya ??
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:38   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Lbm,
Another Enclosure for Sub ?? Aur kuch kam nahin hai kya ??
Vishal Bhai last time when I bought the 3000 SPL subs I had changed the enlcosure 7 times to get the results right so this time I have changed it only one time and this time I think they are right, let us see what are the results..
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:38   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

It's unfair. LBM wears ear protection (his pugree is over his ears) and everyone else suffers in his car.
Bolo tararara.
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:43   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It's unfair. LBM wears ear protection (his pugree is over his ears) and everyone else suffers in his car.
Bolo tararara.
Yes Sam Bhai this is the trick and I also enable child lock in the back doors also to give full satisfaction to the listener...
Old 28th May 2007, 17:30   #701
Senior - BHPian

ok guys I was planning of the third and the final amp to complete the setup...now I have three options here, firstly I will post the specs of the steg amp of k-series..now my motive is to make 3-way active so that I can extract full potential from the setup with all the speakers actively cross-overed and with full time alignment to achieve the best result from them....

Now here the consfusion starts...

option 1 :- i have a 4.01 right now it will give 80 watts in 4 ohms...I will wire the left and right tweeter to the ch 1 and ch 2 , left and right midrange to ch 3 and ch 4 , for the midbass I would add 2.01 for them it give 105 watts in 4 ohms.

option 2 :- i have a 4.01 right now it will give 80 watts in 4 ohms...I will wire the tweeter to the ch 1 and ch 2 , midrange to ch 3 and ch 4 , for them I would add 2.02 for the midbass it give 155 watts in 4 ohms.

option 3 :- this one is interesting I will buy another 4.01 and wire the drivers like this...for the left tweeter ch1 for the left midrange ch 2 and for the left midbass I can bridge the ch3 and ch4 giving it a 290 watts or I can make it play it with 80 watts also and leave the ch4 unused....this will be for the each side of the car ...for the right side another amp will be wired to the tweeter, midrange and midbass in the similar manner.....there will be absolute zero crosstalk between the front stage as there will be running through two separate amp...

Now which option should I go for...
Old 28th May 2007, 20:22   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Now which option should I go for...

Sony Reference 222, best amplifier in the whole wide world!!! I have one going cheap, want it?
Old 29th May 2007, 09:38   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Iraghava, this is a serious forum and you should not be trying to sell LBM your 222. 222 is not a good amplifier for your purpose LBM.

I can suggest the Sony 554. This amplifier will offer you greater flexibility and add a splash of red colour to your otherwise rather boring looking stegs.

Yours sincerely, (well, almost)
sam
Old 29th May 2007, 10:54   #704
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm nice choices...but I will stick to Steg and choose from its series only....so Sam Bhai let us reconsider it again.....
Old 29th May 2007, 22:19   #705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I can suggest the Sony 554. This amplifier will offer you greater flexibility and add a splash of red colour to your otherwise rather boring looking stegs.
Shame onn you Sam. THought you'd know that LBM has a preference for fake Alpine amps - they have termistors you know! :-) just kidding.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks