Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 19:30   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Well done, oh crazy sikh!!
Truly. Cannot wait to see and hear this.
Old 27th March 2007, 20:30   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Well done, oh crazy sikh!! Truly. Cannot wait to see and hear this.
Yes, I am also eagerly awaiting the upcoming meet... and the main reason is I want to hear LBMs new setup

LBM, how are the Swifts electricals keeping up with the big demands of the new amps (as against the earlier class D monos)?
Old 27th March 2007, 20:50   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
and the cost is decently priced approx a little less than 2 lac rupees...

Old 28th March 2007, 00:15   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yes, I am also eagerly awaiting the upcoming meet... and the main reason is I want to hear LBMs new setup

LBM, how are the Swifts electricals keeping up with the big demands of the new amps (as against the earlier class D monos)?
I would love that you audtion my setup and comment on the same...and we can discuss a bit on the setup to help it improve it further......

till now only a single sub is used on the 2-ch then also in a 2 ohms mode...so right now every thing is fine till now let us see what will happen when two subs will be connected in 1-ohms mode to each of the channels so that we can fully extract the juice from the beast like Sam Bhai said........also I would not be playing it hard for long durations so I think this load would be not a great problem to the car electricals...one more thing in normal daily usage only a single sub will be played as it will be enough to go with the front stage....and not to over power it....and the amps are 11 volts rated even if the voltage dips to 11 volts from 14.3 volts which is a normal voltage in my car the power at the output terminals would be the same despite the voltage drop which is the best thing which I like about these amps.....
Old 28th March 2007, 08:43   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....and the amps are 11 volts rated even if the voltage dips to 11 volts from 14.3 volts which is a normal voltage in my car the power at the output terminals would be the same despite the voltage drop which is the best thing which I like about these amps.....
This is indeed a great feature/capability. That's what I noted about them first (from the specs you posted), actually. I guess quite a bit of the green you spent has gone toward this. Having all that power on tap even at such low voltage is definitely worth some money.
Old 28th March 2007, 09:57   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
This is indeed a great feature/capability.
Anup, its something quite a few manufacturers are doing now. A tightly regulated power supply is the foundation of any good amp. Other amps like the JL Slash series, Audison LRx AB etc are also regulated down to 11v though some do it better than others. Though mostly seen on high end amps now, its indeed something we should see more of in coming times.
Old 28th March 2007, 11:11   #322
Senior - BHPian

Wow! This is good news. Definitely a sign of good things to come. I think that more than the crazy output figures most manufacturers claim, it is the output at real world (power input) conditions and at bad conditions that really matters to the average car audio guy. In my case my car is driven very little, and as a result my battery is not always in the pink of health. And so I always fret that I'm (probably) not getting quite the power output I should be getting.

I actually saw this kind of power rating for the first time in l_b_m's STEG. I just saw its the same for the new Audison LRx series -- Power output remains constant right down from 14.4V to to 11V. Wow!
Old 28th March 2007, 12:15   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I actually saw this kind of power rating for the first time in l_b_m's STEG. I just saw its the same for the new Audison LRx series -- Power output remains constant right down from 14.4V to to 11V. Wow!
Hmm...guys no offence.....But I cannot see such thing in there manual....

the power rated at 12 volts is 210 watts but power at 14.4 is 260 watts nearly 25 % extra......
Old 28th March 2007, 12:44   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm...guys no offence.....But I cannot see such thing in there manual....
None taken LBM. We are here to discuss all things audio, so no question of being offended by a genuine observation made by you. True, the LRx manuals give you the impression that its not a regulated power supply but indeed it is. Look carefully and you will see why.

Here are some excerpts from tests conducted on the LRx6.9 by Car Audio & Electronics Magazine in a recent issue.

Last edited by gunbir : 28th March 2007 at 12:48.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:45   #325
BHPian

Quote:
the power rated at 12 volts is 210 watts but power at 14.4 is 260 watts nearly 25 % extra......
Definitely there is 260W at 14.4V, a 25% increase but with a higher THD of 1% @ 260W vs 0.3% @ 210W at 12V. So effectively the power with low distortion remains the same over the voltage bandwidth.

Last edited by Autophile : 28th March 2007 at 12:47.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:55   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
None taken LBM. We are here to discuss all things audio, so no question of being offended by a genuine observation made by you. True, the LRx manuals give you the impression that its not a regulated power supply but indeed it is. Look carefully and you will see why.

Here are some excerpts from tests conducted on the LRx6.9 by Car Audio & Electronics Magazine in a recent issue.
Phaji I just compared the manuals only that why comment on the same...in the real world it behaves like this is interesting to know.....but why are they are not mention that they are stable at all voltage range....
Old 28th March 2007, 13:02   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Definitely there is 260W at 14.4V, a 25% increase but with a higher THD of 1% @ 260W vs 0.3% @ 210W at 12V. So effectively the power with low distortion remains the same over the voltage bandwidth.

???????????????????
Old 28th March 2007, 13:06   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phaji I just compared the manuals only that why comment on the same...in the real world it behaves like this is interesting to know.....but why are they are not mention that they are stable at all voltage range....
Ahh! I totally agree with you but many times when a company is run by engineers they look at all the small details and not necessarily whats good for marketing. This is particularly true for Audison. Though they do mention regulation etc in the LRx brochures, they assume everyone's an engineer and can translate their specs.

I will definitely pass this on to them and who knows maybe the next brochure will be more layperson friendly.
Old 28th March 2007, 17:51   #329
Senior - BHPian

Uh, looks like I stirred up a major discussion here
Old 28th March 2007, 18:08   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will definitely pass this on to them and who knows maybe the next brochure will be more layperson friendly.

Hmmm.....If they need any help from the layman do let me know....

OK guys the subs have been bought.....and in few days time I will be LBM (low_bass_makker) from NBM (no_bass_makker)......Ishan......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks