Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2006, 12:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

viper,

i'm not gun but i'd say get 2 PCA4.400 then run the front and subvia a bridged output and use 60x2 for the rear! :-)
Old 13th February 2006, 12:53   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
viper,

i'm not gun but i'd say get 2 PCA4.400 then run the front and subvia a bridged output and use 60x2 for the rear! :-)

Hi Navin,

Let me ask the dealer if he will exchange both amps. He has agreed to exchange one of them. If not possible what would you recommend I do.

Viper
Old 14th February 2006, 07:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Superb install. A neat install.

Just one doubt. How would one lift the thingy with teh amp on top of it. Wont the wires etc be disturbed?

And lastly, can any other sub go in ther( in a xing); and how would you rate the boom boom wrt IF/box/tube setup.
Old 14th February 2006, 08:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

viper replace as many as you can. if the delaer replaces one then replace one. use the 4 ch amp for the sub (bridge 2 channels) and rear and use the 2 channel for the front.
Old 14th February 2006, 10:31   #20
BHPian

Viper, i feel it would be better if u could replace one of the 2ch amp with a 4 ch one to power the fronts and ther rears, while the other 2ch amp can power the sub. I suggest you this as if feel it would be better to power a sub by an independent amp.

What do you feel about that navinji? Does it make sense or is it the same?

Cheers
Old 14th February 2006, 12:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

prince, I have tried both configurations in my wife's sail albeit with different amps and speakers yet prefered the set up with a seperate amp for the front.

viper maybe this will give you some ideas...
http://www.dynamat.com/gallery/DIY_H...w-to/index.asp

and for your door install check out the tweeter pod at the bottom of this page
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/cu...rdner_wrx.html

Last edited by navin : 15th February 2006 at 12:58.
Old 14th February 2006, 21:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey gunbir... am waitin for ur reply man....
Old 14th February 2006, 22:07   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
i would like to get this done for my esteem sometime in the future... i have the stock kenwood HU (tape player) and in the boot i have a 10 CD Kenwood Changer.... all i would need is an amp and a sub woofer... do i need to change the fader speakers and the rear speakers which came as OE with my car as well or can i stay with the current ones?
Adi , to be frank most OE systems are pathetic .. Moresoever the systems that come from the maruti stable .. They are just the basic models with sever cost cutting .. Hence dont expect anything great from it ..

ICE setups i feel are best done aftermarket .. So for the esteem i suggest u get better front speakers , u can use the rears for the time being if budgets an issue.. I think u need to get urself a new HU too.. Ya like u said u need an amp and sub too .. If u can give us ur budget we will be able to do it the nicer way by giving u the model numbers etc etc .. Remember good music and that too in car which has all kinds of disadvantages (alternator whine , reflections of glass, tyre noise etc etc ) comes at a price ..

PS : Im wondering why u want better music anyways , for im guessing ur music is already playing excellent at revvs over 3800 (??) .. Courtesy psychos headers and FF ..
Old 14th February 2006, 23:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
are you sure...? in the esteem it is not so...

btw this is a very innovative idea gunbir... kudos to you

i would like to get this done for my esteem sometime in the future... i have the stock kenwood HU (tape player) and in the boot i have a 10 CD Kenwood Changer.... all i would need is an amp and a sub woofer... do i need to change the fader speakers and the rear speakers which came as OE with my car as well or can i stay with the current ones?
Sorry dude... overlooked your post... Yes, I would strongly recommend a speaker upgrade. In fact, I'd suggest you do the speaker upgrade first. That way, you will get better sound from your system. Of course you can always add the sub later.

Cheers
Old 15th February 2006, 00:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Sorry dude... overlooked your post... Yes, I would strongly recommend a speaker upgrade. In fact, I'd suggest you do the speaker upgrade first. That way, you will get better sound from your system. Of course you can always add the sub later.

Cheers
gunbir what abt my post :( do reply
Old 15th February 2006, 01:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Superb install. A neat install.

Just one doubt. How would one lift the thingy with teh amp on top of it. Wont the wires etc be disturbed?

And lastly, can any other sub go in ther( in a xing); and how would you rate the boom boom wrt IF/box/tube setup.
JKD... No the wires are not disturbed cuz they are all sorted and distributed with cable ties etc, plus have enough slack for this.

You can use any good sub... as long as they can do infinite baffle well. As for size, you could do a 12" as well, as long as the depth is within 5.5" (which is what this sub was).

As for the sound... the sound is a bit more relaxed, output is lesser than a sealed box though so that may be a reason, but this would also depend on the sub. Sound is definitely better than a parcel shelf IB in the xing.
Old 15th February 2006, 08:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885

Adi , to be frank most OE systems are pathetic .. ..
Not all. My Octy came with an Alpine 9830 and my Honda CVT came with a 9826. Now there are better HUs but the 9830 and 9826 are nice too.

However in this case I would do the following in this order
Upgrade Front Speakers
Upgrade HU
Add Amp
Add Sub
Upgrade Rear Speakers
Old 16th February 2006, 14:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...w=1&maxrows=12

http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...galleryid=1671

http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...galleryid=1200

check these out viper. inspired?

Last edited by navin : 16th February 2006 at 14:36.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:22   #29
BANNED

Hey Navin,

None of the links are working.

Viper
Old 19th February 2006, 08:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks gunbir. one last question... the expense? ( breakdown figure if you dont mind)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks