Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 23:30   #1396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Transcend DP 220 owners, what is your opinion of, and protocol for, the lane departure warning system? Do you (a) leave it at its factory setting, (b) alter its configuration, or (c) disable it altogether?

Same question regarding the collision warning system.

Other dashcam owners (cameras with similar functionality) can comment too.

I have disabled this setting, as it is of no use to be very practical. However, this setting can be used if one is particular about safety and has a driver driving his/her car and wants to keep a check on the speed.
Old 10th March 2017, 09:43   #1397
BHPian

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys, need suggestion for action cam that is compact and can be mounted to the helmet easily. I am not a fan of cameras protruding too much from the side or top of the helmet, looks weird and also affects windflow causing the helmet to sway.

Check GoPro Hero 5 Action Camera. It will suffice all your needs. It comes with Helmet mount also. Quality is far better then the competitors. For checking the quality see the movie Hardcore Henry. That movie is made with GoPro. The pic which someone (Sohail if not mistaken) has uploaded is of Hardcore Henry. Since you will be using it on your helmet, this action camera is waterproof. You need not worry driving your bike or wearing your helmet in monsoon. Have you bought action camera or not??

Last edited by kabir3551 : 10th March 2017 at 09:51.
Old 10th March 2017, 10:06   #1398
Senior - BHPian

I'm using a hero 5 black action cam. Side and chin mount works perfectly and wind doesn't bother much. Only when mounted at the top of the helmet, wind is a factor.

If you purely want a cam for helmet mount, check out the Hero 5 session. It's smaller and more compact that Hero 5 Black.

Both are waterproof without any case.
Old 10th March 2017, 10:33   #1399
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Transcend DP 220 owners, what is your opinion of, and protocol for, the lane departure warning system? Do you (a) leave it at its factory setting, (b) alter its configuration, or (c) disable it altogether?

Same question regarding the collision warning system.

Other dashcam owners (cameras with similar functionality) can comment too.
Hii ninad! The lane dep. system is really not that effective in our country with many roads left wanting for proper demarcation of lanes. I have kept the max. speed limit warning on which works fine. The lane dep system does give a few errors/ wrong warning at times and hence have kept it disabled
Old 12th March 2017, 01:56   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Alright guys I'm in the market to buy the best dash cam money can buy. Will be great if it gives driver footage as well. Please recommend the very best.
From my limited research I understand that its best to invest your money on a dash cam with a Sony Sensor. If you get a reputed brand like Blackvue, Thinkware or StreetGuardian then you are less likely to have a dash cam that stop working. When I looked around Blackvue and Thinkware are priced ridiculously in India ( I checked at Amazon.in). May be a bit more research can land you in websites which sell them at reasonable rates.
Try this link, its the only one which I saw priced reasonably, its the base model from the company - F50, but its still a good one if you are not looking for one with dual channel, parking mode etc.
Link

If you like to try a different product check this one out in Aliexpress and it has recent reviews. Worth checking out.
Link 2

This is the 3rd one I saw, its from Street Guardian. Its an Australian website, and they are happy to do international shipping.
Link 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Hi,
I am currently visiting USA. Is it wise to purchase dashcam from here for India with respect to quality and price?
If yes than please suggest me some good budget dash cam for my elite i20.
Apart from any other useful car stuff I should buy from here?
I think you are in the best place for Dash cam shopping. You wont be paying over the odds and definitely be spoilt for choice. As I mentioned before I will look for a dash cam with Sony sensor and may be a reputable brand.

All the best with dash cam shopping.

Last edited by rejoycjohn : 12th March 2017 at 02:00. Reason: Added more infor.
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 13:05   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered a Thinkware F770 dual dashcam to a friend's address who was visiting the USA for 2 weeks. It was delivered to him yesterday. He will be returning back the coming weekend. Can't wait to get it in my hand

In India it was ridiculously priced at around 57k. In the US too it wasn't inexpensive...cost me 24.5k in total (dollar rate falling down last week helped a bit here).
"Should I spend much for a dash cam?" was one question in my mind. But then,
Its rated as the best Dashcam right now in the world. It has amny good features like:
  • Front & Rear full HD 1080p:Sony Exmor CMOS 2.19M(Same for rear camera) record front and rear view at 30fps along with a 140-degree wide angle view.
  • Built-in Wi-Fi: Easy to transfer to phone which is one thing I definitely wanted
  • Built-in GPS: it comes with built-in GPS which can pinpoint the vehicle's location and routes with its driving speed on the map. This was one requirement for me.
  • Dual save (Internal Backup Memory): This function records all events triggered by strong collisions onto the two separate memory systems: The Nand Flash internal memory and the Micro SD external memory. This ensures that the recorded video will be safely guarded in the internal Nand Flash in case the external MicoSD gets damaged.
  • Time Lapse: records 1 frame per second reducing the size of the video file. This allows video recordings in parking mode to continue up to many times longer than id recorded at 30fps. This is one things I plan to switch on during trips to other cities, I don't think I'll need it in my apartment.
  • Road safety warning system: It comes with the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and the Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) with a voice warning.
  • Safety Camera Alert:It provides accurate location information to warn the driver of red lights and traffic enforcement cameras. This will however be unavailable here in India
The only negative is that it doesn't have a display of its own. Can be seen only through the smartphone

But having seen many cams in 5k to 10k price bracket, Reliability in the long run is what bothered me. "Das Beste oder Nichts" for me is what I thought in the end and booked it.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:52   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Okay so the Transcend 220 package arrived. It looks like a value for money DVR. But the stick on mount was missing. Dont trust these suction cups? Wonder if its a separate buy?
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-ts.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:31   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Okay so the Transcend 220 package arrived. It looks like a value for money DVR. But the stick on mount was missing. Dont trust these suction cups? Wonder if its a separate buy?
Stick on mounts are not available in India I guess. The suction mount is good enough if taken care during installation. I generally re-fix it if I find it to be vibrating.

Don't forget to register your product on Transcend India website if you've purchased it in India.
Old 24th March 2017, 00:06   #1404
BHPian

Hey guys. I've decided on the Transcend 220 for my Hexa. It has three 12V sockets, and i was planning on using the one in the third row. If cable is 5M long as it says, it should be ok. Need your opinions on this.

Also, is there any place like Reliance Digital or Croma where i can buy this? Wanted to check if its available for a cheaper price than in Amazon!
Old 24th March 2017, 06:06   #1405
Senior - BHPian

I purchased it in Dubai for AED 450 but will be used in Bengaluru. Let me try the suction mount and see how it holds up. Else have to figure out some jugaad with double side tape. Bought an extra 32 Gig high performance Micro SD Card, and I'm told it can support up to 64 Gigs.

Last edited by Sebring : 24th March 2017 at 06:06. Reason: Language
Old 24th March 2017, 10:27   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I purchased it in Dubai for AED 450 but will be used in Bengaluru. Let me try the suction mount and see how it holds up. Else have to figure out some jugaad with double side tape. Bought an extra 32 Gig high performance Micro SD Card, and I'm told it can support up to 64 Gigs.

Go for 64GB Class 10 Memory Card of Transcend. If you use 32GB after sometime you would want to change to 64GB due to space issue. 64GB is compatible and records for 18hrs and I am using since March 2016. No problems.
kabir3551 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 12:55   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Hey guys. I've decided on the Transcend 220 for my Hexa. It has three 12V sockets, and i was planning on using the one in the third row. If cable is 5M long as it says, it should be ok. Need your opinions on this.

Also, is there any place like Reliance Digital or Croma where i can buy this? Wanted to check if its available for a cheaper price than in Amazon!
hii abhi i have been using the Transcend 220 and satisfied with the results so its a good choice you have made. Just like the Hexa the XUV also has three 12V sockets. I don't know about hexa but it was a little cumbersome to take the cord tight until the third row and the length was also just enough for the second row. I installed the cam myself FYI.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7516.jpg  

vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 13:42   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
hii abhi i have been using the Transcend 220 and satisfied with the results so its a good choice you have made. Just like the Hexa the XUV also has three 12V sockets. I don't know about hexa but it was a little cumbersome to take the cord tight until the third row and the length was also just enough for the second row. I installed the cam myself FYI.
Good to hear! Even i have a feeling the cable length may not suffice for the third row. Also, is the suction mount strong enough to hold the camera?
Old 24th March 2017, 23:58   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Good to hear! Even i have a feeling the cable length may not suffice for the third row. Also, is the suction mount strong enough to hold the camera?

Suction Mount of DP 220 is good. My camera has fallen only thrice since March 2016 till today and it might have due to heat. What you can do is after every one month remove the suction and refix it. Clean the glass surface, put some drops of water on suction, spread it and then fix it. There wont be any problem.
Old 25th March 2017, 00:55   #1410
BANNED

Is anyone on this thread using a dash cam which does not have a built in screen?

I am looking at a dash cam in US. My primary requirement is to record travel during road trip which is I am planning soon.

While searching on Amazon, I came across a dash cam called - Goluk T2.

https://www.amazon.com/Goluk-T2-G-se...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Curious to know in case someone on this forum is using similar dash cam which does not have a built in screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks