Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2016, 15:51   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Uploaded a couple of videos from the A118C. The resolution setting is at Full HD.
Old 28th October 2016, 16:04   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Uploaded a couple of videos from the A118C. The resolution setting is at Full HD.
The videos actually look ok minus the reflection. A CPL will help the situation to a great extent but you'll have to DIY one yourself as the manufacturer doesn't make or supply one. If you go the CPL route and leave it on at night, the video will be unusable due to the loss of light. (I have tried it.)
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 16:08   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The videos actually look ok minus the reflection. A CPL will help the situation to a great extent but you'll have to DIY one yourself as the manufacturer doesn't make or supply one. If you go the CPL route and leave it on at night, the video will be unusable due to the loss of light. (I have tried it.)
At full HD i don't think this is ok. But i am leaving it as it is. My Transcend has better output than this. I expected better since the reviews on the internet said that this is the best. If this is the best i wonder what's the worst.

Anyways i am closing this chapter. Will let the dashcam as it is. No point cribbing about it. Atleast it works and is not something like dead on arrival.

This thing has taken too much of my time.

Thanks.
Old 28th October 2016, 16:35   #1294
BHPian

IMO you're expecting a lot more from a $50 camera than it can possibly deliver when comparing it to the Transcend.

I'd like to reiterate that a CPL will help during the day when reflections and glare is more. During the night and that too in the rear, it wasn't going to be great to begin with.

If ever you do have the time or just for the heck if it; mount your Transcend in the rear and the A118C in the front for a day or two, you understand the difference it can make to the quality in comparison to when mounted the other way around.
Old 28th October 2016, 16:50   #1295
Senior - BHPian

It is not a question of how much i expect from 50 dollar camera it is a question of calling it HD when clearly its not. My Transcend is not a high end camera in fact its a entry level camera DP100 and atleast delivers videos close to HD.
Old 28th October 2016, 17:08   #1296
BHPian

The sensor and chipset does record at 1080p (it's not interpolated).

The weak link is the lens which Viofo is upgrading. Upgraded batches should be with retailers soon.

Last edited by harsh79 : 28th October 2016 at 17:11.
Old 1st November 2016, 13:21   #1297
Senior - BHPian

HD Dashcam 1
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...608.0.0.ROMumD

Daytime Recording :

Its been set in 1080 x 720 resolution which is the second highest mode. This helps reduce storage consumption yet the number plates are sufficiently readable. (I've updated the time in the Dashcam now)

Night Recording :

Couldn't find any firmware update, searching because the dashcam doesn't automatically switch ON to night mode, i.e. the InfraRed lights don't activate unless I switch it on.
Old 1st November 2016, 16:50   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys,

Planning to get a dashcam from US. Does A119 support Wifi?. Also, I've many similar models for the Viofo A119 like Blueskysea VIOFO A119, Spy Tec A119, etc..Which is the correct Viofo A119?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The A119 doesn't support WiFi. Spytec and BlueSkySea co-brand the product in the title, it's from Viofo.

Spytec does Amazon fulfilled with Prime, would be my choice if ordering from the US.
Just ordered A119 through Amazon US (Spytec). Hopefully my brother will bring it when he comes to India on 13th Nov.
Old 3rd November 2016, 19:52   #1299
sud
BHPian

Finally decided to take a plunge and get dvr installed on my ride. I have ordered Rock autobot eye (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...687318987.html) from aliexpress. This is my first order with aliexpress as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:07   #1300
BHPian

Guys,

Which software do you use to splice the videos of the dashcam, to show only the segment interested in ?

Can the software patch two videos into one ? And does it remove audio from the video file

Any help will be highly appreciated

Awaiting your inputs
Old 4th November 2016, 10:12   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

Which software do you use to splice the videos of the dashcam, to show only the segment interested in
Not aware of the dedicated software or app, but WhatsApp can surely do this piece and it also reduces the size of the file. You have to just send the video to your another household number and while sending you can select the portion you want to keep.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 13:41   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Which software do you use to splice the videos of the dashcam, to show only the segment interested in ?

Can the software patch two videos into one ? And does it remove audio from the video file

Awaiting your inputs
For trimming videos -

Windows - Dashcam viewer - http://datakam.ru/download/DatakamPlayer/DATAKAM PLAYER.zip

Mac - Quicktime player (built in)

Registrator viewer (now Datkam player) allows merging of two clips and removal of the one second overlap between videos.

Audio stripping is not as simple, you need to encode the file after deleting/muting the audio track using e.g Moviemaker or Adobe AfterEffects on Windows and Adobe AE or Final Cut on a Mac.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 02:04   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Do your dash-cams automatically switch ON to night mode in the night ? i.e. Do the InfraRed lights switch ON by themselves ?
Old 5th November 2016, 03:42   #1304
BHPian

Really confused at the options being mentioned. Can someone help me with a decent Dashcam for my Brezza.
Old 5th November 2016, 06:19   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Awaiting your inputs
Xiaomi phones come with a built in editor. Whatsapp does the job but has severe quality reduction as a result. I haven't found one which trims AND downsamples it nicely to 480/720p for online sharing. If you do, please share.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks