Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 14:45   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Harsh79, checked out the link. The promo video also shows good clarity in different light settings. Any idea on what would be the price?
Retail version will be for 150 - $200.
Old 18th October 2016, 16:50   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hi guys, I bought 2 dashcams. One on 26th Sept & another on 8th October. They both seem to be at the customs & excise dept in Bangalore.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-capture1.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-capture2.jpg

Should I contact them ? Or just wait ?
Old 18th October 2016, 17:53   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

You can wait . actually mine got delivered though the status was showing as waiting for customs clearance in the site. I hope sometimes the actual status is not updated promptly .
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 20:04   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, I bought 2 dashcams. One on 26th Sept & another on 8th October. They both seem to be at the customs & excise dept in Bangalore.

Attachment 1567535

Attachment 1567536

CED Bangalore is the most pathetic when it comes to clearing parcels. They have a parcel of mine lying with them from 1/10/2016 and till date its not cleared. Earlier, they had my DRLs for 15 working days taking into account the strikes too, and still they required escalation to Dept. of Posts to clear it after which they delivered the very next day.

If you are in the mood for some escalation, go to pgportal.gov.in and raise a grievance with dept. of posts. They will deliver it the next day or the day after. But beware those guys might slap some customs duty on you.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:44   #1250
BHPian

I ordered VIOFO 118C from Gearbest 13 days ago and my item was shipped 10 days ago via Netherland Post. It still continues to show "The item is pre-advised".
Can members who have experience with Gearbest/ NL Post shed some light on what this cryptic message mean.
Old 19th October 2016, 11:51   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I ordered VIOFO 118C from Gearbest 13 days ago and my item was shipped 10 days ago via Netherland Post. It still continues to show "The item is pre-advised".
Can members who have experience with Gearbest/ NL Post shed some light on what this cryptic message mean.
I have ordered 2 dashcams from gearbest. Items usually remain pre-advised for about 15 days. I think they post in bulk (after accumulating a certain number or value). Mine were usually shipped around 19th or 20th of the month. It usually gets delivered to destination country in 3-4 days, and then takes another 3 days or so for customs clearance etc.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:54   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I ordered the same on 12/10 but opted for expedited shipping. The status never went to this state and it was marked as shipped on 13/10 morning. Post the tracking number if you have one or check the status here:

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:45   #1253
Senior - BHPian

My 2nd dashcam, is now being shipped abroad. I don't know why.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-capture2.jpg

I'm not in a hurry, but don't understand why the CED would need to ship it abroad. Should I raise a complaint on pgportal.gov.in ?
Old 20th October 2016, 13:27   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
My 2nd dashcam, is now being shipped abroad. I don't know why.

I'm not in a hurry, but don't understand why the CED would need to ship it abroad. Should I raise a complaint on pgportal.gov.in ?
Thats an error in the system.

Even I have observed it a couple of times.

Be patient. It should get updated in a day or two.

From CED, it should come to RMS, and then your local post office
lambuhere1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 13:48   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, here is a sample video I shot with the new A118. Though the video quality is ages ahead of my old GT300, there are too many reflections coming from the dash and other objects. You can see in this video.

My earlier idea was to design a baffle under the camera that would block all reflections. However, when I evaluated the size of the baffle, it would almost cover half the windscreen to not interfere with the camera. Any idea where I could get a polarizer for this? I searched but did not find anything specific to dashcams. Will the regular polarizer for DSLR work? I am assuming it will be difficult to mount.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 13:58   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

My earlier idea was to design a baffle under the camera that would block all reflections. However, when I evaluated the size of the baffle, it would almost cover half the windscreen to not interfere with the camera. Any idea where I could get a polarizer for this? I searched but did not find anything specific to dashcams. Will the regular polarizer for DSLR work? I am assuming it will be difficult to mount.
Ah, I misunderstood your earlier post. Thought you were professionally designing something similar to the Volvo and Akenori design.

The Akenori design actually debunks the myth that the baffle needs to cover most of the windscreen, that's what I thought too earlier. Yet to be seen though as it's not yet available.

I'm guessing they haven't gone very wide with the lens.

You can 'DIY' a polariser yourself as one isn't available specifically for the A118.

This is how I did it, worked well during day.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4008188
Old 20th October 2016, 14:30   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Thought you were professionally designing something similar to the Volvo and Akenori design.
I was going to do this, but like I told, the lens is quite wide and I need to tweak the positioning a bit to get a sensible size for the baffle. Will do something over the weekend and then decide whether to go for a filter or not.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:41   #1258
BHPian

Just bought the Drivepro 220 from Amazon for Rs.11,640 with a 16gb card and windshield mount included. Plus Amazon is doing a 15% cashback offer so pretty happy with that. Also added in a 64Gb class 10 SanDisk card.

Pretty good deal I think?

Will be fitting it in a 2016 Scorpio S10 Automatic. Any tips for hardwiring and cable routing?
Old 20th October 2016, 16:11   #1259
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good adapter for my Blaupunkt Dash Cam? The stock one has gone kaput!

Quick question - Can I use my phone USB cable to charge my dash cam?
Old 20th October 2016, 16:42   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Can someone suggest a good adapter for my Blaupunkt Dash Cam? The stock one has gone kaput!

Quick question - Can I use my phone USB cable to charge my dash cam?
Most of the dash cams have mini usb port, where as the smart phone ports these days are micro usb.

Either get the mini usb port charging cable or a converter for mini to micro. Both are available at major online shopping portals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks