Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 14:17   #1216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Waylens Horizon Dashcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Waylens Horizon Dashcam
The big daddy of dashcams - when you have $450 for the camera you want, not the camera you need! ...
Wow, The dashcam equivalent of putting a serious camera in a phone instead of just something to take snaps with.

The design is beautiful. Someone thought "out of the box" to great effect here. A superb looking thing. An item to really grace an expensive car interior. Or, any car interior

Hey ho, just one problem, and it begins with "$"
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 15:22   #1217
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
So after spending agonizing days on which dash cam to buy finally bit the bullet and ordered a A118C Dash cam from Ali express for 3.5k.
If the payment is still under verification, I would suggest you to cancel the order and buy the A118C from Gearbest. They carry the original Viofo A118C version.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html?wid=21

If the seller states it explicitly that it's manufactured by Viofo, then it's fine.

There are a lot of knock-offs of the A118C available all over the place, for this reason and towards further improvement, Viofo will be releasing a new version of the A118C with an upgraded lens that performs better, very soon. You could probably get that if a little wait isn't an issue.

Did you consider the A119?

Last edited by harsh79 : 1st October 2016 at 15:26.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 16:46   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
If the payment is still under verification, I would suggest you to cancel the order and buy the A118C from Gearbest. They carry the original Viofo A118C version.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html?wid=21

If the seller states it explicitly that it's manufactured by Viofo, then it's fine.

There are a lot of knock-offs of the A118C available all over the place, for this reason and towards further improvement, Viofo will be releasing a new version of the A118C with an upgraded lens that performs better, very soon. You could probably get that if a little wait isn't an issue.

Did you consider the A119?
I have ordered this one going by the votes and no of orders. Should i cancel this one ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...608.0.0.m4WGOZ
Old 1st October 2016, 17:24   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have ordered this one going by the votes and no of orders. Should i cancel this one ?

I have cancelled the order. Problem with gear best is that it does not show Indian currency.
Old 1st October 2016, 20:03   #1220
BHPian

Quote:

There is no mention of the manufacturer in the title or the listing content, better to buy from a verified source.

Quote:
I have cancelled the order. Problem with gear best is that it does not show Indian currency.
Shouldn't matter, it's $49.87, use XE.com to convert..
Old 1st October 2016, 21:27   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
There is no mention of the manufacturer in the title or the listing content, better to buy from a verified source.

Shouldn't matter, it's $49.87, use XE.com to convert..
Thanks i have placed order with gearbest on the link provided by you.

Anyone knows how long it takes Aliexpress to refund the payment.
Old 1st October 2016, 21:29   #1222
BHPian

Shouldn't be more than 4 days as per my experience when using a debit card.
Old 1st October 2016, 23:49   #1223
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone knows how long it takes Aliexpress to refund the payment.
If the order wasn't shipped (read payment verification stage) and cancelled by you, post cancellation acceptance by the seller, the amount gets credited into your account within 1 of 2 working days depending on the bank. It mainly depends on sellers acceptance period.

I have made a few offers and cancelled it within an hour of payment. Amount got refunded the same day.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 00:50   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I've read about the out-of-focus issues while using for long hours on international forums. Do you guys face the same issue?
I bought it specifically for office commute which is roughly 45mins.
And i really didn't understand the out of focus issue after watching the online videos.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 21:00   #1225
BHPian

Just ordered the HP F800X car cam from Amazon. 2.7 inch LCD touch screen, Full HD 1920X1080@30fps or 1280X720@60fps. 2.4 Ghz wifi to connect to mobile devices and review footage on your phone etc. Continuous GPS tracking. 3-axis G-Force sensor. Upto 140 degree wide angle. 470mAH Li-Po battery. 2.1 MP. ADAS built in for lane guidance and vehicle ahead reminder.
Has anyone used it? Any advise on if I could leave it out in the sun as it is supposed to record any violent event even while parked.
Old 3rd October 2016, 06:39   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I've read about the out-of-focus issues while using for long hours on international forums. Do you guys face the same issue?
I haven't faced the issues yet. Need to relook at some clips during my afternoon drive.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:32   #1227
BHPian

Hi guys,

Has anyone used Novatek gt300. I want to buy a Transcand but dont have the budget right now. So I want to buy a cheap dashcam right now and will upgrade to transcand once i have enough money and probably use this one for rear. Need urgent advise. Its available on amazon for 1200.
Old 5th October 2016, 15:54   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Mods - Is is possible to put a poll on this thread? This will give a fair idea of the popular brands which BHPians have used instead of rummaging through 82 pages in the thread. This will immensely help many of the forum members who are planning to buy a dash cam.
Old 5th October 2016, 16:57   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Mods - Is is possible to put a poll on this thread? This will give a fair idea of the popular brands which BHPians have used instead of rummaging through 82 pages in the thread. This will immensely help many of the forum members who are planning to buy a dash cam.
But then there are plethora of options, some tried and bad, some very good and may have never been tried by any of us. Since the choices are just too many and every second day we have someone come up with a review of an all new one that we had earlier never heard about, which incidentally is also VFM and works very well, a Poll in such cases will not make sense, especially when the list keeps growing.

Even today, I would not want to have a single list of popular models of dashcams for the following reasons:
  • Few will prefer a screen and few wont

• Many might want built in battery and many wont

• GPS might be an essential for me but not for you

• Looks of the Dashcam might also be an important deciding factor

• Size of the smallest video clip, recording length, memory card expansion capability are other vital attributes that make one decide for or against a particular model

• Many of these cameras will be sold on different e-commerce portals - AliExpress, DealXtreme, Ebay, Snapdeal, Gearbest, Amazon and a camera available on one of these wont be listed anywhere else - So portal (& its reliability) also is a decision factor

• Recording resolution, Night clarity, Still Image clarity etc - Again few more important attributes

Few of the above features may be a part of one camera while rest of them would be bundled into another one. Based on what is the most important criteria for the buyer, he can always post his queries here and owners will certainly provide their inputs.

To me, Dashcams are like Mobile phones. Instead of having a poll, I would rather have a selection criteria with check boxes/Drop Downs on left with all the features and that should come up with a list of options or you. The products are evolving and adding more and more features to it.

But hey, that is something to ask for, wait for a day when we will have a portal that will only have Dashcams from across the globe .

Last edited by paragsachania : 5th October 2016 at 17:03.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 11:22   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If you are looking for a list to easily identify some of the best cams out there, I would suggest keeping an eye on https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2016/

It lists out all the popular cams with their pros/cons in every possible budget range. Most of the times, the cams listed there are popular here as well and you will find multiple reviews of them. You can search by the model name.

Some of the most popular ones being - Mini series (0801,0803,0805,0806), Mobuis, SJCAM (SJ1000, SJ4000 etc), Transcend Drivepro, Voifo (A118, A119).
Dry Ice is online now   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks