Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 08:22   #931
BANNED

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
My suggestion, wait for a few days. Wait for a few more days and your package should be there without any issues.
Its been 6 days and the India Post website has the same tracking data.

I have contacted my local post office manager and he is totally clueless about it. I am not sure whether the package has reached India or not.

Direct Link tracking says it is now handed over to local carrier (read India Post) but the worst part is India Post is clueless. Planning to visit the main GPO (General Post Office) the main head office in Hyderabad to try and get some data on this.

Sad that I went off AliExpress and trusted GearBest for the dashcam. Should have bought at AliExpress only.

I have contacted GearBest too and they are asking me to wait for another 10-15 days.
Old 30th March 2016, 11:00   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Sad that I went off AliExpress and trusted GearBest for the dashcam. Should have bought at AliExpress only.

I have contacted GearBest too and they are asking me to wait for another 10-15 days.
You know what, I am facing exactly the opposite with my items. My dashcam (from gearbest) reached me well within 3 weeks, but the USB adapter from aliexpress is struck in 'transit' (between China and India) since more than 3 weeks! When i contacted aliexpress, they are asking me to wait for some more days.
This is the pain that most of us have to go through when we order from these chinese websites. But, those prices are really tempting to give a miss!
Old 30th March 2016, 12:07   #933
BHPian

Re: SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)

I bought a Anytek T6 1080P Dash Cam Dual Lens 4.3" Car Rearview Mirror Camera DVR Recorder from UK for my Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX.

2 Weeks ago I installed only the Rearview Mirror(with Dashcam) and it is working perfectly. Over the weekend I installed the reverse camera and connected it to the Rearview Mirror.

There was no signal from the reverse camera and I tried multiple things but it dint work. Since I had go somewhere I left it at that and after driving for around 20 mins the reverse camera started working and now I could view the rear video on the screen. In the next signal I engaged the reverse camera and rear video came up automatically on the entire screen.

After I parked the car and then when I started again, the reverse camera was not working again but started working again after 20-30 mins. Now every time I switch off the car and start again, the reverse camera doesn't work for 20-30 mins and then works fine after that even though the reverse video is in Black/White and a bit blurred.

Now I am not able to understand what could be the problem, as per instruction, I have connected the red wire to the reverse tail light and the black wire to the ground for the reverse camera and there is no other wires to be connected.

Note: This particular dash cam can pull both front and rear video simultaneously and record it. Only on engaging the reverse gear, the LED lights on the reverse camera switches on and the video is automatically started on the rear view mirror along the reverse guidance (lines). The reverse camera is connected to the rear view mirror through 4 pin easy fit cable and not the RCA cable as usual.

Any advise to resolve this problem is welcome.

Regards
Old 30th March 2016, 14:10   #934
BHPian

TheMariner I have taken screenshots from the video of the dashcam. I am not able to upload the video at present due to time constrain. I will upload video of day time and night time. Dont go by the time on the dash cam as seen in the pics, as I had forgotten to set the time. The time setting has an option for GMT. After setting the time one has to set the GMT also. I had not set the GMT to +5.30. So actually the video is between 4.30-5pm.

Transcend DrivePro 220 is very user friendly. I just removed the SD Card, inserted it in the card reader and downloaded the videos and again inserted back in the dash cam.

The Class 10 SD Card provides quick copy time of the videos.

Other important thing is that there is no shaking of videos and if there is some then it is very marginal that is because of the potholes or due to the road surface. Rest it is very good. I can say that, you can go ahead with the Transcend DrivePro 220. You might have seen that our brothers on this thread are facing some problems regarding delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dash-cam-2.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dash-cam-3.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dash-cam.jpg  

kabir3551 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:35   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMariner View Post
After reading through all the replies and the threads, i've shortlisted these two.
(1) Transcend 16 GB Drive Pro 220, and
(2) SJCAM X1000 Wifi HD 1080P 12MP
Finally place order for the DrivePro 220. It just got delivered yesterday. Amazing service by Amazon. (took 2 days from placing order and delivering). Thank you to all who helped.

The initial impressions:

I need the larger 64GB card. The silver ring around the lens and the letters need to be blackened out for camouflage. The built is quite good.Have already dropped it once when installing. Photos are quite clear.

I will post more as i drive around more. With the elections looming around the corner in WB, my car would rather be resting in my garage than be witness to drama of the world's largest democracy at its best.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd April 2016 at 10:39.
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:07   #936
BHPian

Happy Saturday folks! I am expecting my A118C to be delivered shortly. Since I only have one charging port in my car, and I would need that to charge my phone on long drives, I am looking to hardwire the dash cam. Is it advisable to do so? Do I lose electrical warranty? Do I need to order for a hardwire kit of some sort? Do I need to get it done at the authorised service centre? Anything else that I need to keep in mind. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:28   #937
BHPian

Congratulations TheMariner. Hope you enjoy the presence of dashcam. It is also easy to remove the SD Card from dashcam and copy the videos in to your PC. What settings have you kept? 1080p or 720p. Do share the vids and pics.
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:38   #938
BHPian

Just got delivery of my G1WH that I ordered from Aliexpress within 10 days! It was posted from SG Post and I was unlucky to have the package detained at customs and I was asked to provide the order invoice. Once I gave them the details, I was charged a whopping 1300Rs for Import Duties (and I dont know who/how/where such a huge amt was fixed!). Postman insisted I pay the amount and take delivery of the cam. I had to pay and settle the transaction.

On getting the package, I found that it was marked as "auto parts" instead of camera and I guess thats why they charged me more. Total damage: 3700 bucks!

I checked out the camera and it seemed OK at first glance. I haven't had the chance to hook it up to the car and do a test drive for a sample footage. Will post my observations soon. I just hope the added import duty is justified and the camera delivers good quality recordings - else its money down the drain. :(
Old 4th April 2016, 08:16   #939
BHPian

This is my first dashcam purchase, I have identified mini 0805 for purchase from gearbest.com.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_113549.html?wid=1

Can the experts please help me clarify the following:
1.) Warehouse Options to select on the site: CHINA (or) US-NYC (or) EU
2.) Accessories to purchase along with the cam that would support the installation, I mean things that are not available in India.
3.) Will the purchase attract custom duties? I am also opting for insurance cover in case of damaged or lost shipments.

Sorry if this query had been posted earlier.

Thanks in advance.

-Vinod

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 4th April 2016 at 08:18. Reason: Edit
Old 4th April 2016, 08:33   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
This is my first dashcam purchase, I have identified mini 0805 for purchase from gearbest.com.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_113549.html?wid=1

Can the experts please help me clarify the following:
1.) Warehouse Options to select on the site: CHINA (or) US-NYC (or) EU
2.) Accessories to purchase along with the cam that would support the installation, I mean things that are not available in India.
3.) Will the purchase attract custom duties? I am also opting for insurance cover in case of damaged or lost shipments.

Sorry if this query had been posted earlier.

Thanks in advance.

-Vinod
Me and a friend have ordered a couple between us (Mini 0805 from GB).

Once you select India and Rupee, the warehouse changes to CN by default IIRC.

0805 comes with everything you need to install the cam - adhesive base + charger cable. If you want to hardwire the cam though, order the fuse taps and hardwire kit.

While I escaped the duty luckily, my friend had to shell out around 900 bucks. It was collected by the postman directly when he came to deliver the package.

Average delivery times were around 35-40 days for both.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 10:59   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If you want to hardwire the cam though, order the fuse taps nd hardwire kit.
Thanks for the info. Are these hardwire kit specific to the cam? Can I buy those from indian websites.

-Vinod
Old 4th April 2016, 11:01   #942
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Are these hardwire kit specific to the cam? Can I buy those from indian websites.

-Vinod
Should be compatible.

Just check which USB port is on your dashcam. Is it Mini-USB type of Micro-USB type. Order it accordingly.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:34   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

-Vinod
I doubt you get those in India yet. As anurag mentioned, check the hardwire kit for the final output - if it is micro usb or mini usb. 0805 has mini usb I think, haven't really checked it after installing.

Also the fuse taps - there are more than one type - check which one will fit your vehicle's fuse cluster before ordering.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 18:14   #944
BHPian

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Posted the link of a video uploaded by me on youtube of Transcend DrivePro 220. The video resolution was kept at 720p and the length of the video was kept at 5mins. Due to the trip I had changed it to 5 mins instead of 3mins. The video length in dashcam has duration of 1,3 and 5mins. Will also upload the video captured during the night time. There is Ganeshji idol on my dash board so the reflection of the idol is coming in the centre of the video.

Last edited by kabir3551 : 5th April 2016 at 18:34.
kabir3551 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:58   #945
BHPian

As stated in my previous message, I have uploaded the night time video of Transcend DrivePro 220. Friends check the video clip at 2.10 min, a Scorpio driver just came in the middle out of nowhere. So whenever you are driving on the said expressway at night time, please be a little cautious. It may seem that, the passing of the scorpio car was not a threat, but the persons sitting in the car had a tough time for few moments. You can check the speed of the car below before and after passing of the scorpio car.

Last edited by kabir3551 : 6th April 2016 at 11:00.
kabir3551 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks