Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 19:04   #871
BHPian

After posting here I did some research on net and came across Transcend Drive Pro 220. On Amazon it is having 32- 5* and 10- 4*.
Has anyone used the Drive Pro 220??
Old 16th March 2016, 19:40   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
After posting here I did some research on net and came across Transcend Drive Pro 220. On Amazon it is having 32- 5* and 10- 4*.
I've been using Transcend DrivePro220 since last 1 year and am happy. I've ordered a second one for my second car 2 days back and I got it for 9999/- INR on Snapdeal. First one was for 12500/- INR. There's a dedicated thread for Transcend DrivePro 200 wherein I've posted details about it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3774585

Last edited by BoneCollector : 16th March 2016 at 19:45.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 19:51   #873
BHPian

Read the thread you mentioned (Transcend DrivePro 220). I think after reading all the discussions Transcend DrivePro 220 is the choice.

Last edited by kabir3551 : 16th March 2016 at 19:53. Reason: BoneCollector's got posted by me as my message.
Old 17th March 2016, 01:00   #874
BHPian

Quote:
I am using Transcend DrivePro 100. Good video quality. But in built LCD screen quality is a bit lower than HP F800X. First I ordered this HP camera, it is good, but its wifi had some issue. So returned it and bought this Transcend one.

I am not sure why many people are going to Chinese sites when we have branded ones available here.

Last edited by sibitg : 17th March 2016 at 01:02.
Old 17th March 2016, 12:55   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Kavensri you suggest which Dashcam for Innova. It should be good during day and night also.
I believe, you must have already zeroed in on Transcend one. Based on my experience, I say 0805 is good. But, i suggest you to go for next model that is 0806, which supports CPF filter.
Old 17th March 2016, 14:41   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
I am not sure why many people are going to Chinese sites when we have branded ones available here.
Good point, Sibitg. I have the following reasons:
  • Better model/functionality, at least for my requirements: The A118/A118C are very discreet, they fit right behind the rearview mirror. Do not need any separate mounting on the screen and do not eat up any visual space. Also, I have no visible or dangling wires anywhere in the cabin. Video quality is acceptable, and there is lots of knowledge about it on the internet.
  • Better choice: Aliexpress has lots of stuff that Indian sites dont! This gave me the chance to try it out.
  • Better Cost: for all the stuff, including different experiments for different configurations, I am paying about 5K.
  • Heck, isn't everything made in China anyways, nowadays ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I am looking forward to your updates. By the way, the link you have posted seems to be for A118 and not A118C. Can you verify ?
Jon, youre right. This is a case of oversight on my part. I had actually wanted to order the A118C, but looks like I ended up ordering the A118 by mistake.

The capacitor model is supposed to run at higher temperatures, but the battery model also has advantages: allows you to capture some videos for those extra couple of minutes in case you have lost the car power in an accident, or even just to preview a video without car power.

In any case, I have the battery model now. Let me play around with it, and check if it melts during this summer season! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The problem with extension cables is, they often eat up the input current/voltage and the output gets reduced. I had tried one such cable with 2.1 A charger, but I observed the output was reduced to less than 900mA while using this cable as against to 1.6 A when using a regular cable. The dashcam worked fine at the low amp current, but it wasn't getting charged and used to switch off abruptly, when the power was stopped. The last videos became corrupt.

Please share your finding with this cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Even I had the same doubt. The dashcam draws about 1A of current. If this results in high voltage drop in the cable, then this could affect the performance of the camera. As the cable was costing only 200 including shipping (the one Anshuman had used was out of stock in Flipkart), I have ordered one. I will do some tests with the extension cable and will update with the results. My camera is capacitor model and hence may not draw much charging current. So, I have a hope that it works fine.
Yes to both. The USB extender comes at a cost. I have a 2.5A USB charger. When the camera is the only thing connected to the USB charger, it seems to work fine. However, when I connect both a phone for charging and the camera, the camera starts to reboot.

Quote:
+1. Capacitor model would work just fine even with the voltage drop. Just hope it doesn't drop too much. Upto 900 mA should be fine for the cam to operate normally.
I don't believe the capacitor model (A118C) will be any better though. The reason is its not a question of voltage, its a question of current. The resistance of the USB extender wire is not large enough to cause any significant voltage drop across its length. When the mobile phone is also charging, it draws more current away from the camera, which is where it starts having problems. The addition of a capacitor in the A118C, instead of the battery in A118, will not be able to solve this issue of low current. At least this is what I remember from my electrical circuits days!

Next steps: the camera is already running fine with my 2.5A charger. I have ordered a couple of 5A car chargers at about Rs 800 from amazon.in. Hopefully that will give me the ability to run the dashcam as well as the mobile charger. I will post updates once I am able to test.

Last edited by anshuman_v : 17th March 2016 at 14:50.
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:52   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
I don't believe the capacitor model (A118C) will be any better though. The reason is its not a question of voltage, its a question of current.
Yes, I meant current only. In my case, upto 900 mA was fine. If the cable is not able to provide even this, then it could be an issue.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:03   #878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes to both. The USB extender comes at a cost. I have a 2.5A USB charger. When the camera is the only thing connected to the USB charger, it seems to work fine. However, when I connect both a phone for charging and the camera, the camera starts to reboot.
Most of the recent cell phones draw upto 1.5A or even 2A for quick charge. With such a cell phone and camera drawing simultaneously from the charger, the output voltage of the charger would heavily drop. The 5A charger should definitely solve the issue. Will look forward to your update once you try with the 5A charger.

Can you share the link of the 5A charger you ordered from Amazon?
Old 17th March 2016, 15:14   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I meant current only. In my case, upto 900 mA was fine. If the cable is not able to provide even this, then it could be an issue.
Agreed. That would depend on cable to cable. I actually did have this concern when I was buying the extender. The way I handled it was that I looked for a nicely 'thick' wire in the pictures, which would mean it would have adequate current carrying capacity. Thankfully, its working fine for me so far!
Old 17th March 2016, 15:34   #880
BHPian

Kavensri you have put me in a dilemma between DrivePro 220 and 0806. Now please help me on this. Which one is good?
Old 17th March 2016, 18:20   #881
BANNED

Quote:
Kavensri you have put me in a dilemma between DrivePro 220 and 0806. Now please help me on this. Which one is good?
I am awaiting delivery of the MINI 0806.

Initially I was in doubt too but looking at the reviews, sample videos and is features i decided to go ahead and get the MINI 0806 at $107 all inclusive from GearBest.
Old 17th March 2016, 18:22   #882
BHPian

After the fiasco with AliExpress (finally received the refund after a small deduction), again took the plunge and ordered the mini0805 from GearBest.com. Now waiting for the shipment to arrive.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-mini0805.jpg  

Old 17th March 2016, 18:36   #883
BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned in my earlier post, I do not have any info on Transcend model. But, so far I have not seen any 'con' with mine (0805), after using it since last 4 days. Video quality is pretty good even in low light condition. Only thing that I am missing is CPF filter, which anyway is addressed in MINI 0806. So, the final choice is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
After the fiasco with AliExpress (finally received the refund after a small deduction), again took the plunge and ordered the mini0805 from GearBest.com. Now waiting for the shipment to arrive.
You should have gone with 0806 model? any specific reason why you went with 0805?

Last edited by aah78 : 17th March 2016 at 19:27. Reason: Posts merged. You can use the Report Post feature to get a Moderator's attention to merge your posts. Thanks!
Old 18th March 2016, 09:31   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
you should have gone with 0806 model? any specific reason why you went with 0805?
No specific reason. Received a flier on my email from Gearbest.com with a link to mini0805, after the frustrating experience with Aliexpress and just went for it.
Old 18th March 2016, 15:53   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Good point, Sibitg. I have the following reasons:
  • Better model/functionality, at least for my requirements: The A118/A118C are very discreet, they fit right behind the rearview mirror. Do not need any separate mounting on the screen and do not eat up any visual space. Also, I have no visible or dangling wires anywhere in the cabin. Video quality is acceptable, and there is lots of knowledge about it on the internet.
  • Better choice: Aliexpress has lots of stuff that Indian sites dont! This gave me the chance to try it out.
  • Better Cost: for all the stuff, including different experiments for different configurations, I am paying about 5K.
  • Heck, isn't everything made in China anyways, nowadays ?
Thanks anshuman. Infact I did not compare the models in Aliexpress.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks