Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 23:59   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
Thanks for finding this one!
A few hours of research did go into this. I had almost finalized the ZeroEdge rear-view mirror type cam but they would start rattling on our roads soon enough. Not to mention that spec-wise this one made most sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Has anyone tried Rexing V1 dash cam? It is highly rated in Amazon.com site.
Its a best-seller alright but not made for Indian summers, the plastic melts in high heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
This looks very good. Where did you order from? Amazon doesn't seem to chip this to India.
My sister is coming from the states in another 15 days so I asked her to get it for me.

Last edited by fine69 : 13th February 2016 at 00:03.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 09:11   #722
BHPian

Has any bhpian tried the android ones that act as a rearview mirror as well as front and rear dashcam with android ui yet? Looking to buy one and confused aptly.
Old 13th February 2016, 10:15   #723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Video quality in day is very good and night is about average. There really isn't any dashcam which can read license plates without adequate lighting in the night, unless looking at some BlackVue models retailing between $300-$500 which can really make good use of very low lighting condition and still give out Full HD zoomable output.
The mini 08xx series is the only budget cam that gives very good output at night.

It is just $80 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ChiTronic-Upgr...+0805+dash+cam

Check this comparison list: http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/da...on-affordable/

I have a mini 0805 since April, the night output is very good indeed. It even has GPS.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 11:09   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mini 08xx series is the only budget cam that gives very good output at night.

It is just $80 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ChiTronic-Upgr...+0805+dash+cam

Check this comparison list: http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/da...on-affordable/

I have a mini 0805 since April, the night output is very good indeed. It even has GPS.
I totally agree with Samurai here, I have been using mini 0805 from May 2015 and it works absolutely fine in both day and night mode. I have both day and night video sample on my ownership thread (here is the link) - watch in HD.

I bought it from Gearbest.com and the current price is now lesser than Amazon.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_113549.html
Old 13th February 2016, 11:43   #725
BHPian

Does this make any sense for purchase?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1080P...3-b4ed179b43ce
Old 13th February 2016, 11:45   #726
BHPian

hi fusionbang, i was planning to get this mini 0805 from us through my colleague, but as you mentioned the price is less at gearbest...i have one question, do i need to pay for customs if i order from gearbest? do i need to inform seller to undervalue the item and then ship? how much time it would take to reach me after i place the order? need your inputs here.
Old 13th February 2016, 12:09   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Got refund two days after I got the frozen status mail. However the order that has already been shipped did not get a refund so far. I will raise a dispute now and see what can be done.
What is the status of your refund? I see my order still with Frozen status & no refund whatsoever. The shipping reference is not traceable either on 17track.
Old 13th February 2016, 12:59   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I totally agree with Samurai here, I have been using mini 0805 from May 2015 and it works absolutely fine in both day and night mode.
This Mini cam melted and got distorted in the high heat of Australian summer for a fellow which kept me at bay, I'm from Delhi you see .

The cam that I finalized comes with a warranty of use in temperatures up to 70 degrees, that's not really the case with the Mini series (I almost bought this earlier). How the warranty really holds up in Delhi summer is yet to be seen but going by the reviews it has held good in temperatures upto 40 degrees at least.

Now coming to the night mode, almost every cam upwards of $75 has a decent night output when you've got lights pointing towards the subject. What I was saying was that if your vehicle is parked in a low lit place then no cam south of high priced Blackvue or similar models would give you the minor details such as license plate number.

Also, does Mini 0805 come with motion detection, I'm not sure. I think another reason I overlooked this one. I think the newer ones do come with motion detection but not sure about 0805.

Lastly, a lot depends on one's requirement also. I'm trying to prep for situations when my car is parked unattended, not having to worry about li-ion batteries exploding in Delhi's high heat and discreetness.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:13   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
hi fusionbang, i was planning to get this mini 0805 from us through my colleague, but as you mentioned the price is less at gearbest...i have one question, do i need to pay for customs if i order from gearbest? do i need to inform seller to undervalue the item and then ship? how much time it would take to reach me after i place the order? need your inputs here.
Hi Kavensri,

No you don't have to pay any customs, when I ordered this it was sent to me as a gift at 0.35$. When you are buying it make sure you place a note to the seller to send it as a gift, so that it won't attract customs. It took me exactly 27 days for the shipment to reach. I booked it on April 17th, 2015 and received it on May 12th, 2015.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 14:52   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Kavensri,

No you don't have to pay any customs, when I ordered this it was sent to me as a gift at 0.35$. When you are buying it make sure you place a note to the seller to send it as a gift, so that it won't attract customs. It took me exactly 27 days for the shipment to reach. I booked it on April 17th, 2015 and received it on May 12th, 2015.
Thanks for the info. I have placed the order now. This is the first time I am ordering something from gearbest, in fact i had not heard about this site so far. But when a fellow bhpian recommends, i need not worry. Thanks again.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 15:12   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
What is the status of your refund? I see my order still with Frozen status & no refund whatsoever. The shipping reference is not traceable either on 17track.
Same here. No refund and no option to raise a dispute also. Surprising thing since the other order was frozen and also closed with refund being issued to my account.
Old 13th February 2016, 17:01   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Same here. No refund and no option to raise a dispute also. Surprising thing since the other order was frozen and also closed with refund being issued to my account.
You can still contact the aliexpress customer support through their chat section. They will help you out.
Old 14th February 2016, 21:21   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

Its a best-seller alright but not made for Indian summers, the plastic melts in high heat.
Hi Fine, I had shortlisted the Rexing V1, havent got it yet though. Have you had experience with the melting plastic on it? How is the plastic on your i-Max different? Also, how good is the capacitor on your i-Max - does it give you like 5-10 seconds of recording after the engine is switched off? Also, if you can please upload some sample videos from your cam, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by anshuman_v : 14th February 2016 at 21:31.
Old 14th February 2016, 22:28   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
I am using Transcend DrivePro 100. I bought this from Amazon. Earlier I ordered HP F800X from Amazon and used it for one day, then I found that its Wifi is not working. So I returned it and bought Transcend DrivePro 100. HP one had GPS and Wifi, while this particular Transcend model does not have GPS or Wifi. Also HP one had a larger lcd screen compared to this Transcend model. The clarity of HP lcd screen was much better than this Transcend. I am yet to download the video to my computer to check the actual video quality of this Transcend model. If video quality is same as that of HP cam, I will not change this cam. I think I does not need Wifi or GPS. GPS models can record speed also in the footage.
First, an early morning image from Transcend DrivePro 100.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-vlcsnap2016021422h16m54s8.png

Second, afternoon image from Transcend DrivePro 100.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-vlcsnap2016021422h13m32s33.png

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2016 at 22:35. Reason: Images inserted in-line.
Old 15th February 2016, 23:39   #735
BHPian

Just got my dashcam today, after 25 days. I'm a bit disappointed as the specs in AliExpress for the I1000 model gave the video resolution as 1920*1080, while the box specifies 1280*720. Anyway, I'll check it out in real-world conditions in the next few days and if the quality of the video is acceptable to me maybe I won't put in a complaint. I did connect my phone charger to it at home and its working ok while connected to it. The rear cam also works fine and they've provided a stick-on mount along with the suction mount, as well as a remote control, so I'm happy so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks