Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 21:06   #541
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Th GT300 seller from aliexpress just replied. The camera does have English as an OSD language.
sidzz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 08:09   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Can this be bought in India? Its bad enough ordering one item on AliExpress - its much worse to order three - any one can hold the installation up.
I did not find the fuse tap anywhere in India. Even in Ebay the product was from Hong Kong. Hence we can buy it through Aliexpress. I saw a product with shipping through HK post. HK post will usually deliver before a month which means even if I order it now, it will reach me before the camera reaches.

About hard wiring kit, I did not find any use for it. It is the same power adapter that you get with the camera that just comes with two terminal wires instead of the 12V plug. Hence, there is no sense buying one.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 08:56   #543
BHPian

For those who are interested in Hardwiring / concealed wiring for Dashcams, sharing my experience.

I have been using SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi in my Scorpio from July 2015 onwards. I am using 2 cameras, one in front and 1 in back. Details in the following thread:

Regarding Hardwiring, I bought the following from Amazon India: Bandridge BCL4302 USB extension cable (URL). For my Scorpio Rear camera, I had to use 2 such extension cables and for front camera 1 cable. The end point at the camera is the same default micro USB cable came along with the camera and the power is drawn from 12V Cigar light socket. For this wiring we don't need to touch the wiring of the car or no need to tap the power from the fuse etc.

I did the wiring myself DIY and it was less than 1 hour job for my scorpio, for both front and back wiring altogether. So far the setup has been working flawlessly. Wiring is completely hidden and only both the end points are visible. Also the camera is mounted on the windshields using the double sided sticky tapes. However the camera can be taken out when required using the thread mount came along with the kit. Front camera is also very well hidden under the IRVM.

Sharing this details so that those who interested in doing a simple DIY wiring setup can consider this option also.

Thanks, regards,
narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 21st January 2016 at 09:02.
narayanang76 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 09:25   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Strontium 32GB card available in Amazon Lightning deal for Rs. 529. Grab it for the dashcams
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 09:58   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Strontium 32GB card available in Amazon Lightning deal for Rs. 529. Grab it for the dashcams
Would this be ok for the GT 300 http://www.amazon.in/SanDisk-Ultra-M...ds=memory+card

I believe a 32 GB would last 3 hours. But I don't need that much of a video loop as I am planning to use it only as evidence in an accident. So a 16 GB Class 10 should be fine, am I right?
Old 21st January 2016, 11:06   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Ordered
Old 21st January 2016, 11:25   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Is it SD card or micro SD card that the camera supports?
Old 21st January 2016, 11:29   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Is it SD card or micro SD card that the camera supports?
Micro SD card. Preferably a class 10 or above.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:43   #549
BHPian

Quote:
By default the camera comes with a cigarette lighter attachment for powering up. Its hardwiring that will take time and effort. If you are finding either things hard, I can do it for you if you stay somewhere close by or you are willing to come to where I stay
Thank you very much sir! I stay in Girinagar. I dont want to use cigarette lighter/USB as it'll make the car look messy as hell with wires hanging out.

I'll send you a PM once my camera comes in 45 days
Old 21st January 2016, 12:04   #550
BHPian

Quote:
i thought you mentioned your Strontium card was giving problems. is it resolved now?
I was reading the reviews and although the read speeds seems to be good the write speed seems to be not that great for this card although it is UHS 1
Old 21st January 2016, 12:40   #551
BHPian

Guys, after going through all your posts and checking out your links I was drawn to this model Link.
It seems to have everything that anyone would want, except for a GPS. This particular model has a 170 degree view, 1920x1080 resolution, rear cam and what I particularly liked was the very compact suction mount as well as a stick-on pad. (Other similar-looking items have different specs). The price also is pretty reasonable. So does anyone have any comments on the pros and cons of this model?
Old 21st January 2016, 13:08   #552
BHPian

Does the GT 300 get charged via the USB cable also? If so can I use a Power Bank to power the camera when the vehicle is parked to use it as a surveillance camera?

If yes, how long will it run with a fully charged 5000mAH power Bank?
Old 21st January 2016, 13:38   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
i thought you mentioned your Strontium card was giving problems. is it resolved now?
I was reading the reviews and although the read speeds seems to be good the write speed seems to be not that great for this card although it is UHS 1
The strontium I have currently is a Class 10 card which is the normal black type. The problem still exists, ie the video gets choppy every ten seconds or so and gets alright within a second. This is an issue at 720p. At 1080p the choppiness increases, which I feel is because of the card not able to handle the write load and its buffers getting full. This one I purchased now is a higher version with a higher write speed. If this gives the same issue then I will be returning the card to amazon and try a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Ultra.

Last edited by audioholic : 21st January 2016 at 13:40.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:30   #554
BHPian

Quote:
The description says it needs a SD card. I couldn't find the mention of a micro SD card.

I guess the price of the memory card is going to be more than the camera itself.
Old 21st January 2016, 17:23   #555

Ordered a GT300 from the same seller for USD 6. Thanks for the link!!

And got a question which just came up in my mind. Is it legal use a dashcam? or is it illegal to record with a dashcam in India? Like what if the Police saw a dashcam in your car. Can it be a problem?

Not sure whether this has been discussed earlier - couldn't find it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks