Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2024, 20:59   #5446
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I need the rear camera connecting cable for this which for some reason has been malfunctioning in my Mai70 510A camera, resulting in frequent connection and disconnection of the rear camera. Any suggestions on sourcing just the cable?
Old 27th September 2024, 21:06   #5447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Parwan View Post
I need the rear camera connecting cable for this which for some reason has been malfunctioning in my Mai70 510A camera, resulting in frequent connection and disconnection of the rear camera. Any suggestions on sourcing just the cable?
Did you try to contact the seller NEXDIGITRON who is official supplier in India? I guess that's your best bet.
Old 28th September 2024, 07:35   #5448
BHPian

Has anyone used/using dashcam from Inaxes? I had visited the Honda showroom this week and when i asked about dashcam, they said this is the model that they are installing on Honda City/Elevate as "official" accessory.

The model # is DC-202 and costs around Rs.16K. This dashcam supports dual channel HD recording front at 2K. back at 720p and super-capacitor based.
Old 28th September 2024, 07:43   #5449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
Has anyone used/using dashcam from Inaxes? I had visited the Honda showroom this week and when i asked about dashcam, they said this is the model that they are installing on Honda City/Elevate as "official" accessory.

The model # is DC-202 and costs around Rs.16K. This dashcam supports dual channel HD recording front at 2K. back at 720p and super-capacitor based.
I suggest never to buy dashcam from car showroom. There are superior products available online which can be installed without affecting warranty. Please try 70mai, Qubo, Redtiger (I am using one) etc.
rajivr1612 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 18:38   #5450
BHPian

Finally I have purchased 70mai A810 (Rs.18,989) with Samsung Evo Plus 256 (Rs.1,599) for my XUV700. I know a good local store that will install it for Rs.1,000.

Should we hardwire it? I spoke with the SA and he confirmed that if no wire gets cut then there wont be no warranty issue.

Can you guys please advice on what to convey to the local installer or what points needs to be followed?

Thank you.
masudvorajee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2024, 09:31   #5451

I'm planning to install a dashcam on my new Hyundai Creta, but I'm concerned about concealing the wires along the A-pillars, side rails, etc., as it might impact the side airbag system. While the showroom offers installation, they only provide the Motoevo 4G, which I'm not interested in. Has anyone had any experience with third-party dashcam installations on a six-airbag vehicle? Any insights on whether this affects the airbag deployment? Also any recommendations for reliable installers in Bangalore?

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2024 at 19:01. Reason: Note removed. Please use the Report Post button to get a Moderator's attention. Thanks.
Old 1st October 2024, 16:55   #5452
BHPian

Has anybody tried the rear view adaptor for dash cam which works with autodimming rear view mirror?

They have a website but I guess for US customers only.

https://dongar.tech/collections/adap...ZbPXtiGHCaTOu_
Old 1st October 2024, 18:08   #5453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnahampe View Post
I'm planning to install a dashcam on my new Hyundai Creta, but I'm concerned about concealing the wires along the A-pillars, side rails, etc., as it might impact the side airbag system.
Route it through scuff plate, I did it for Seltos. You can check it here (Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic).

DIY or take it to any installer and instruct them to follow how I have shown in that post.

For installing I say to check with Sachins Autoshop in Koramangala or Konark in HSR, if you are in South Bangalore. Used their service long back, so I hope they are still good.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2024 at 19:01. Reason: Quote trimmed.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2024, 18:49   #5454

Thanks, I think this video also followed the same process of going through scruff plates. Hope to find a service center which follows this meticulously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Regarding installation, any feedback on Car Decor, Jayanagar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Konark in HSR, if you are in South Bangalore. Used their service long back, so I hope they are still good.
krishnahampe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2024, 21:41   #5455
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know how much current would a 70mai A200 draw, if parking surveillance is enabled ?

How many days of non-use of the car can cause a drained battery ?

Or, is there a way to disable display in parking surveillance mode ?
Old 3rd October 2024, 14:04   #5456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Route it through scuff plate, I did it for Seltos. You can check it here (Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic).
Is it not possible to get power from Auto Dimming RVM as stated in my earlier post?

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2024 at 19:02. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote posts entirely.
Old 3rd October 2024, 17:31   #5457
BHPian

I managed to get the Viofo A229 plus from the US. Bought the Sandisk Max Endurance 256GB card to go along with it. Now, i'm looking for a hard-wiring kit.

Its known quite openly that the kits are basic in nature and the dashcam manufacturing companies charge a hefty price for what is a generic adapter, re-labelled by the company.

Fortunately for me, i think i found a cheaper solution within the Viofo India website. They have two kinds of hard-wiring kits. Once is HK4 (Pricier @ Rs. 2500) and the other is HK3 - Type C (Cheaper, @999 due to ongoing discount).

I'm thinking the HK4 and HK3-Type C are the same kits. Or am i missing something very obvious?

Similarities:
- Both kits take 12-24V input (
- Both have the same output (5V, 2A).
- Both have three cables and the designation/color indication of each cable is the same.

I cant figure out any difference whatsoever, can someone please let me know if i may be missing anything?

https://viofo.in/product/viofo-type-...t-rear-inside/

https://viofo.in/product/viofo-hardw...mini-dashcams/

Last edited by Happyrev : 3rd October 2024 at 17:33. Reason: Punctuation correction.
Happyrev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 01:17   #5458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Has anybody tried the rear view adaptor for dash cam which works with autodimming rear view mirror?

I tried to purchase this for my Lexus but it turned out to be very expensive. Instead, I bought the connectors (via Aliexpress) and wired it to a 12V to 5V DC converter. Got a USB type C cable and soldering it to the converter. Works well and have had no issues so far.

The only limitation is that the DVR does not turn on in ACC mode but requires ignition mode to work. Some pictures attached.

The auto dimming mirror connector is inside the black cover along with the DC converter. Everything is sealed to prevent shorting.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20241002-12.32.05_a8ef2bba.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20241002-12.32.21_eafcee38.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2024 at 19:02. Reason: Quote trimmed.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 06:53   #5459

Are ADAS features offered by dashcam companies of any use like 70mai 500 pro etc.
Or a simple dash cam having gps is good enough.
Also if I don't hardwire but use 12v adapter and leave it parked for weeks, will it drain out battery ?
Old 4th October 2024, 08:04   #5460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hi guys any user reviews of the Red Tiger cams here? I was considering the F17 model.
Did you get the f17? I'm considering it too, but looking for experiences with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks