Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2024, 09:41   #5386
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I have placed in middle slightly below the top (As dealer sticker was already there).
Exactly the same location in my Figo which gives a good wide angle video (better than front).

In my case, it is also the place cleaned by rear wiper. An inch above would have disastrous especially in monsoon.
krrisdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 00:19   #5387
BHPian

While considering a Dashcam, especially the more expensive ones, how relevant is the risk of theft of the Dashcam..? Considering that a Dashcam is very easily visible inside the car, won't it be an obvious attraction for car break-ins? Suppose one doesn't wish to have monitored parking, can the Dashcam be pulled out and stowed away out of sight?
Old 18th August 2024, 02:52   #5388
BHPian

ChrisFix made the most In depth Dashcam Install Guide I have ever watched.

rroy92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 09:39   #5389

I just bought a dual channel dash cam (70mai) for my Honda City 5th Gen. After watching online tutorials on YouTube about fixing it in the car, I am not sure I will be able to manage the wiring. Can anyone recommend a place in Coimbatore where I can get this installed? Many thanks for the help.
Old 18th August 2024, 17:52   #5390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraghavan View Post
While considering a Dashcam, especially the more expensive ones, how relevant is the risk of theft of the Dashcam..? Considering that a Dashcam is very easily visible inside the car, won't it be an obvious attraction for car break-ins? Suppose one doesn't wish to have monitored parking, can the Dashcam be pulled out and stowed away out of sight?
The risk of theft for the sake of stealing the dashcam alone, I think is minimal. Any briefcase or shopping bags visible from outside may offer a greater attraction to the thief.
To answer your other question, most dashcams can easily be disconnected from their plugs and windshield mounts and stowed away. This to some, may be a tiresome chore though!

In so many years of driving, I've never had my dashcam stolen! But then it all depends on our luck, I suppose.
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks