Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2024, 11:26   #5371

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I was looking for a good mirror Dashcam and found that the Wolfbox G900 is pretty decent with 4K quality. The only drawback is that it doesn't come with Wifi, to download videos to your phone.

Wolfbox G840H has been upgraded with Wifi but the resolution is 2.5K only.

I thought reaching out to Wolfbox directly to check if they have any plan to upgrade G900 with wifi and it is confirmed that they are working to include wifi in G900.

Sharing this post along with an email reply from Wolfbox team, for those who might be willing to wait.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wolfbox.jpg
Old 31st July 2024, 11:40   #5372
BHPian

Re: Installed Qubo smart Dashcam ProX in Carens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I am interested in the Qubo Brand but have a budget of over 15k, do you know any options available and any alternatives worth considering? i am considering this for my Seltos and Sonet.
You could consider the Nexdigitron Prime dual-channel dashcam, currently on sale at 8499 on Amazon.in

The recording quality is pretty good for both cameras, and the CPL filter available as an accessory does a good job of filtering out any glare for the front camera.

There's also an official OBD-2 Parking Hardwire Kit with seamless plug-and-play to ensure monitoring while parked.
arnieshwartz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:45   #5373
BHPian

If anyone is planning to buy a Dashcam just make sure it has Sony Starvis 2. This makes tons of difference in low light for making number plates visible.

You can Checkout the following channel for dashcam reviews.
vellatechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:00   #5374
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

I have an old Yi 2K action camera lying around in the house. I am not using it after I purchased a GoPro. I would like to know whether is there a way to use it as a dashcam permanently ?
throttleAddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 20:23   #5375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Getting a dashcam for my car was in my mind for few years now, but I have been procrastinating for some reason or other. With recent incidents which I came across in this forum and deteriorating safety standards in Chennai ensured I get one ASAP.

My budget was around ₹ 4K, expectation was it should serve the purpose and I was ok to compromise on video quality. Last week there was a sale in Amazon and I casually surfed in the app to understand different offers in dashcam and found out Qubo from hero group. It was priced at ₹ 2990 and the reviews were good. Went through some other reviews in google and after a lot of deliberation finally decided to buy Qubo smart Dashcam ProX.
I purchased a Qubo too a couple of years ago. Does the job. However, I would recommend you bring the wiring along the passenger side rather than the driver's side as the tape won't hold for too long and this could cause a distraction as you drive.

Just something to consider.
Cruzn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 21:15   #5376

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

At this price point looks good, presently using GoPro 10 in loop mode as dash cam.

How’s the overall performance main is the night vision, do check the night clarity whether it reads the front or aft vehicle number plates.
Old 1st August 2024, 16:20   #5377

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
You could consider the Nexdigitron Prime dual-channel dashcam, currently on sale at 8499 on Amazon.in
Thanks for the recommendation but I am looking for a mirror dashcam for my Scorpio-N.

The IRVM of Scorpio-N is very small and if I load my boot or the kids are sitting at the back then the IRVM becomes useless, and hence a mirror dashcam can come in handy to get a clear view of the rear.
Old 3rd August 2024, 12:42   #5378
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe a silly question but does it make sense to fit a normal forward looking dashcam on the rear inner rear hatch glass? This is on my chauffeured XL6, and my primary aim is to ensure my chauffeur is not doing any hankypanky, like giving rides to people for money when returning empty. Trust me, it’s remarkably common in Bangalore with these privately MUVs especially on major commuting routes.

I’ll mute the sound feature + am unconcerned about any privacy issues when being visually recorded when I’m in the vehicle myself.

Any thoughts?
Old 3rd August 2024, 14:01   #5379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Maybe a silly question but does it make sense to fit a normal forward looking dashcam on the rear inner rear hatch glass? This is on my chauffeured XL6, and my primary aim is to ensure my chauffeur is not doing any hankypanky, like giving rides to people for money when returning empty. Trust me, it’s remarkably common in Bangalore with these privately MUVs especially on major commuting routes.

I’ll mute the sound feature + am unconcerned about any privacy issues when being visually recorded when I’m in the vehicle myself.

Any thoughts?
There are dashcams which have inward facing option as well to view inside the cabin for the purpose you are looking. Otherwise you can mount a normal cam the way you like, provided it can point inwards when mounted on rear windshield and there is power source nearby.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd August 2024 at 14:03.
Old 3rd August 2024, 21:14   #5380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Otherwise you can mount a normal cam the way you like, provided it can point inwards when mounted on rear windshield and there is power source nearby.
I have an unused DDPAI N3 lying around hence thought why not? If I remember correctly, the XL6 has a 12v port in the third row (need to check tomorrow) and the dashcam came with an unusually long wire.

Will update!
Old 4th August 2024, 00:04   #5381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have an unused DDPAI N3 lying around hence thought why not? If I remember correctly, the XL6 has a 12v port in the third row (need to check tomorrow) and the dashcam came with an unusually long wire.

Will update!
Mounting point on the cam might be an issue, as the outward facing designs would have the mounting point and lens facing the same side (with the lens adjustable to a certain extent).

If your lens is rotatable enough to point it the other way, might be doable.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 20:37   #5382

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalCarEnthu View Post
Hi All, looking at the events where dashcams have saved people from a lot of hassles, I would like to purchase a front+rear dashcam. Easy decision right? Mine is a 10 yr old Grand i10 and I am planning to upgrade it in an year. If I buy the dashcam, how easy is it to move it to the new car once I buy it? Or should I wait until I buy the new car?
I called up customer care of QUBO and they have confirmed that additional strip to stick the dashcam is provided and in case we need one, the same can be ordered. I have gone ahead and purchased the QUBO 3k front + rear dashcam.
Old 7th August 2024, 00:07   #5383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalCarEnthu View Post
I called up customer care of QUBO and they have confirmed that additional strip to stick the dashcam is provided and in case we need one, the same can be ordered. I have gone ahead and purchased the QUBO 3k front + rear dashcam.
Hey do let us know your experience with the dashcam. The Qubo ones seem incredible VFM. I use their home cams and can attest that their customer service, though a bit sarkari, is very dependable. I’m over 2 years of using their products I’ve had a great experience and hence am considering their car dashcam as well.
Old 7th August 2024, 22:09   #5384

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Hey do let us know your experience with the dashcam. The Qubo ones seem incredible VFM. I use their home cams and can attest that their customer service, though a bit sarkari, is very dependable. I’m over 2 years of using their products I’ve had a great experience and hence am considering their car dashcam as well.
Will do. It would take a month or two before I share my experience. The experience with QUBO customer care was very good. When I reached out to them, I got connected to the wrong department and they said they would call back in an hour. I was skeptic. However, they promptly called me back and answered the queries. Let me see how their product works. I have seen good amount of positive reviews for their dashcam and it is also made in India product. Keeping fingers crossed

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th August 2024 at 23:01. Reason: Typo correction
Old 8th August 2024, 04:08   #5385
BHPian

Recently bought 70mai A510 (dual) and installed in my Creta. As of now still playing around with it. Cannot say much about quality as I have never used dashcams earlier and I have no reference to compare.
One observation - Its impossible to read GREEN number plates of EVs through the dashcam.

Costed me 13k on Amazon. Additionally got Silicon Power High Endurance microSDCard 128GB which costed 1300.

My main worry was about installation but after seeing few youtube videos I tired it myself and believe me it is the easiest of all the tasks. Its easier than buying the dashcam itself. I am not sure about other vehicles but for Creta it was damn easy. In case someone needs any help, I can guide (please DM).

One query - for rear cam, what is the best location to place the camera on rear windshield? I have placed in middle slightly below the top (As dealer sticker was already there). I feel installing it in middle bottom of rear windshield will give a better view. If anyone has tried, please share the feedback.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks