Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2024, 14:36   #5356
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I tap from pin #16 and #4. It is always live, so I can use it for parking mode too.
Dear Clevermax,
I had shortlisted a ODB port hardwiring kit based on your theory and the understanding that three pins originating from the OBD port can power any dashcam model as long as the voltage and AMP requirements are met. Yet, the manufacturer says that their hard wiring kit works only with specific models of Dashcams. I am not sure if they deliberately block other models from their control module.

Would you happen to know if hardwire kits are programmed to power only specific models of dashcams as advertised?
Old 23rd July 2024, 23:45   #5357
BHPian

Have installed a 70mai dashcam on my car from a car accessories vendor in Bangalore. Do we need to register for the warranty? If yes, which site?

The product registration page on Nexdigitron says "PAGE NOT FOUND".
Old 25th July 2024, 09:29   #5358
BHPian

Is anyone here using any of the Safe Cams products? I am interested in their V2 Front and Rear Cam but haven't been able to find any user reviews.

I am trying to choose between Safe Cams and the Qubo Car Dash Camera True 4K 2160P.

Safe Cams says it uses a super capacitor, but the Qubo specs are not very clear. Can someone please confirm whether it uses super capacitor or Lithium-Iron?
Old 25th July 2024, 11:25   #5359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Dear Clevermax,
I had shortlisted a ODB port hardwiring kit based on your theory and the understanding that three pins originating from the OBD port can power any dashcam model as long as the voltage and AMP requirements are met. Yet, the manufacturer says that their hard wiring kit works only with specific models of Dashcams. I am not sure if they deliberately block other models from their control module.

Would you happen to know if hardwire kits are programmed to power only specific models of dashcams as advertised?
Most dashcams should be able to work with the power available at OBD2 port, as I have read that you can draw a current of up to 5A from that. I am sure none of the dashcams available in the market need that much power (60 Watts) to operate. Mine draws about 180-200mA of current from the 12V circuitry, that is just 2.4 Watts.

The only other reason I can think of, is that some dashcam manufacturers may have tied their systems to work only with their own power adapters. It could be some sort of signalling that makes the unit recognize an approved source of power. You may have a challenge in getting such units work with the power available from OBD port.

Last edited by clevermax : 25th July 2024 at 11:27.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 15:32   #5360
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny87 View Post
I am looking for 3 camera set-up: Front, rear and inside the car, so that I can see the kids in the car.

Also we wanted to have live streaming. Looking at the reviews I can see most are using a dual camera setup. I could find only one model which fulfils my requirement: SRS Absolute 4G Dashcam.

I wanted to know if anyone has done a similar set-up , if yes which dash cam have been used and any feedback on them will be great
Someone I know has been using WolfBox i07 3 channel 4kMini Dash Cam. It might not have live streaming.
Old 26th July 2024, 16:57   #5361
BHPian

Have been seeing many dashcams with Starvis 2 sensors. Is it really a good upgrade compared to other dashcams or just a minor incremental upgrade? Can someone who has upgraded to one with the new sensor comment on quality.
Old 27th July 2024, 06:27   #5362
BANNED

I am looking for a dashcam for my Kia Sonet, would like dual or triple (front, rear and inside) with absolute best specs and features. Kindly share your recommendations
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 14:40   #5363

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Someone I know has been using WolfBox i07 3 channel 4kMini Dash Cam. It might not have live streaming.
Hi, I did check this variant online, and no it doesn't seem to have live streaming. Looks like the live streaming feature is a little hard to find.
Old 28th July 2024, 01:34   #5364

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I am looking for a dashcam for my Kia Sonet, would like dual or triple (front, rear and inside) with absolute best specs and features. Kindly share your recommendations
If budget is not a constraint, go ahead without any doubts with the VIOFO A229 Pro 3CH. It is one of the best cameras out there in terms of picture quality as well as reliability. Pair it up with a good quality memory card and you won't have any issues.
iamzeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 13:17   #5365

I am planning to buy front + rear dashcam for my 10yr old car. I plan to upgrade the car in an year or so. I searched amazon for mounts and could not find that fits the model I plan to buy. How easy is it to move the dascams from one car to the other?
Old 28th July 2024, 13:36   #5366

Hi All, looking at the events where dashcams have saved people from a lot of hassles, I would like to purchase a front+rear dashcam. Easy decision right? Mine is a 10 yr old Grand i10 and I am planning to upgrade it in an year. If I buy the dashcam, how easy is it to move it to the new car once I buy it? Or should I wait until I buy the new car?
Old 28th July 2024, 16:24   #5367
BHPian

Installed Qubo smart Dashcam ProX in Carens

Getting a dashcam for my car was in my mind for few years now, but I have been procrastinating for some reason or other. With recent incidents which I came across in this forum and deteriorating safety standards in Chennai ensured I get one ASAP.

My budget was around ₹ 4K, expectation was it should serve the purpose and I was ok to compromise on video quality. Last week there was a sale in Amazon and I casually surfed in the app to understand different offers in dashcam and found out Qubo from hero group. It was priced at ₹ 2990 and the reviews were good. Went through some other reviews in google and after a lot of deliberation finally decided to buy Qubo smart Dashcam ProX.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_5364.jpeg

Pros:
• Excellent video clarity considering the price.
• Competitively priced.
• Ease of installation.
• Overwriting of existing videos based on FIFO, emergency videos wouldn’t be overwritten.

Cons
• Download speed isn’t great.
• Recorded video needed to be manually downloaded to app gallery.

Along with dashcam I also purchased 128 GB micro SD card from Samsung for ₹ 998 which is class 10 rated, only class 10 is compatible with this cam.

In the box you get the Dashcam, lengthy 12V cable, installation tool to tuck the cable inside the roof and A pillar, extra sticker and some papers

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_5365.jpeg

Installation was simple and straightforward, one has to download Qubopro app scan for the Dashcam, turn on WiFi and connect mobile to Dashcam’s WiFi hotspot and follow the next steps, you are set. Before installing the camera to the windshield it is better to do the setup, in the app with the help of live visuals; placement in windshield can be done accordingly. With the help of the little plastic we can easily tuck the cable inside the roof and A pillar to make the car look less clumsy with cables running around the dash.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_5360.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_5361.jpeg

Video sample of day and night recordings from the dashcam.

vvivek85 is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 07:41   #5368
BANNED

Re: Installed Qubo smart Dashcam ProX in Carens

I am interested in the Qubo Brand but have a budget of over 15k, do you know any options available and any alternatives worth considering? i am considering this for my Seltos and Sonet.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 10:17   #5369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I am interested in the Qubo Brand but have a budget of over 15k, do you know any options available and any alternatives worth considering? i am considering this for my Seltos and Sonet.
Try this:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this recently, and it works quite well. Only gripe was it will need the recommended MSD card. I'll try and post a video downloaded.
mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 10:43   #5370
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Try this:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this recently, and it works quite well. Only gripe was it will need the recommended MSD card. I'll try and post a video downloaded.
Thank you for the recommendation, would love to know of how your experience is. A video would be wonderful!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed