Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 10:45   #5341
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post

Few Images and Videos posted by few members above having Viofo Dashcams seem to have better clarity and readability to me.
Yours is pretty good for 2K, I couldn't find much fault with it. The 229Pro has 4K, so that will definitely have sharper images, but the downside is heavier files as well.
jomyboy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 12:17   #5342

I got my Volvo XC40 last year. I have been driving for about 20 years and till date , my driving has been relatively safe with no history of accidents other than banging into stationary vehicles in my own parking

However, after watching many videos of hooligans chasing cars or orchestrating accidents in and around Bangalore, I wondered if I should opt for a camera, I did not want to give my car at any workshop and self inflict damage - so I called the SA from Martial motors and was informed that Volvo has its own camera which can be installed in the service centre. The camera does come at a steep cost of 50k, however the fitment is such that there is no need for splicing any wire and it comes with connectors designed for the Volvo wiring.

The camera is manufactured by a brand called Peaksunny and operated at 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless frequencies. The app on google store is called DVR on road. All such details are provided in the more than ample documentation that comes along with the camera.

The camera comes with a 2 year replaceable warranty , 32Mb internal memory ( expandable by micro sd upto 128gb) , Dual Camera ,Super HD range , Parking mode built in G sensor , App control.

If anyone does want to install said camera, please ensure any micro sd card is installed on the camera before it gets attached to the windshield, after which it makes a contortionist out of everyone who tries to install a micro sd in the camera.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20240528-09.25.54.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20240710_041446351.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20240710_042309520.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20240710_041558723.jpg  

Last edited by sid_moghe : 10th July 2024 at 12:23. Reason: Minor typo corrections
sid_moghe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 14:32   #5343
Senior - BHPian

I fell for its retro-chic looks :-). This DesignDot winner - Element 3 looks the game. Packaging is like Apple products, very posh.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-element-2.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-element.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:27   #5344
BHPian

Long story short, thanks to this thread, I was able to finally order 70mai A510 F&R for my car yesterday, after on-off on-screen romance with dash cams for years.

My love affair with dash cams started with YouTube channel "Unclecoolie"

https://www.youtube.com/@unclecoolie
He drives across North America with journeys lasting multiple days and post them in real time, time lapse mode etc. No blabbering, commenting, just pure bliss drive videos, as if, the viewer is the one driving. He uses Garmin Virb which is unfortunately not available in India. I even thought of importing from US, but by then it was discontinued. Tried researching alternatives which are basically action-cams like GoPro but they are not suitable for long duration recording as well as to capture the depth in front, beautifully. Was interested in SJCAM briefly, but didn't follow through.

Then decided to address vlogging (just recording long drives) and safety recording needs separately. Even then, was not able to pin down one, just saving random products to cart or wish list in Amazon which will eventually become 'see all buying option'.

Final motivation came from various videos posted in T-BHP and seeing how vulnerable driving has become. (I used to record long drives in mobile phone and glaringly highlight my own mistakes).

Found this thread and the details and videos posted here helped to narrow down to
a) Qubo
b) 70mai
c) Voifo

While going through multiple rabbit holes to research, found this useful website called wideorejestratory24 (dot) pl. Obviously, it is Poland website and fortunately, those cameras popular in India are popular there too. They have a very detailed technical review and practical test. It is like they attach multiple dashcams to one car and run through multiple scenarios. City drive, scenic drive, dusk, dawn, night etc etc. They do have a single drive video comparing A510, A810 and Voifo A229 Plus. That website is the only place on entire world wide web where I could find bitrate in Mbps of these (not-so-well-documented) cameras. The only downside is as one start watching these comparisons, naturally s/he will be inclined to buy high quality camera which is expensive. However, for A510, the content writer specifically mentioned that though A810 and A229 seems desirable, A510 is a perfect choice. That's a hell of professionalism. Since the site is intended for Polish people, there is no English version available. One has to use Translate service. I used inbuilt Firefox Translate Beta.

Finally ordered 70mai A510 primarily due to
a) Starvis 2 sensor (thanks to impala, himanshu_trika, abhi3284)
b) 60 fps option
c) Road story overlay filter (fancy but still)

Expected by this Saturday and already prep-up trusted upkeep partner on upcoming task.

I do also have an upcoming long scenic drive to check its vlogging capabilities. But I am sure it will suffice safety recording more than enough.
krrisdrive is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 17:47   #5345
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here installed a Dashcam in Tiago EV or any other Ev. Need some recommendations. I have a Nexdigitron Dashcam in my Sonet which is fine for me but would like a dual Dashcam for tiago ev.
Old 11th July 2024, 18:49   #5346
BHPian

Hi Folks... has anyone bought a dashcam from https://dashcameras.in/ ?

If yes, how was the overall experience in terms of packaging and delivery, product quality, customer service (in case you face any issue after purchase) etc.

Not sure how new or old the web portal is. They are currently selling cams of only 6 brands and they also have some offers going on.

Do kindly share your experience if you have bought a cam from this portal.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 11th July 2024, 21:06   #5347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Hi Folks... has anyone bought a dashcam from ?

If yes, how was the overall experience in terms of packaging and delivery, product quality, customer service (in case you face any issue after purchase) etc.

Not sure how new or old the web portal is. They are currently selling cams of only 6 brands and they also have some offers going on.

Do kindly share your experience if you have bought a cam from this portal.

Many thanks in advance.
A friend of mine has referred me when I was looking for one. I have bought 70mai and Thinkware dash cams from them. We also booked 11 units at a discounted price for a trip and it was delivered to participants across the country perfectly packed & everyone was happy. I also understand many groups like 4x4 India have recommended these guys at their group (may be a bulk deal).

Last edited by Surprise : 11th July 2024 at 21:09.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 23:13   #5348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Need some troubleshooting advice.
I have a 70mai rear view dashcam, dual channel which is over 3 years old. Next morning it is dead again.
What could be the issue?
Update
After trying various things for a couple of weeks, finally I accepted the obvious. It is time to buy a new dash cam. started with a budget of about 10-15k, finally ended up extending the budget a lot and got the Viofo A229plus dual channel. This is 2K+2K with dual starvis 2 sensors.
The official store was selling it for 24999 and Amazon was selling for about 26500, so ordered directly from the official store. Next day got a call confirming the address and then it was shipped through bluedart. Came in a pretty secure package. The camera units and the wires everything feels quite good in quality compared to my humble 70mai. Image quality is quite good in comparison to my older ones. So far quite happy.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 09:07   #5349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I fell for its retro-chic looks :-). This DesignDot winner - Element 3 looks the game. Packaging is like Apple products, very posh.
Hi Sebring,

Looks like a good buy.

Pl share your experience and the video quality.

Thanks
krrisdrive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 08:00   #5350
BHPian

Have you installed it? What’s the feedback? Amazon is giving a decent sale on this now and I’m planning to purchase it.
I see you’re from Bombay - May I ask where you the installation done from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrisdrive View Post
Long story short, thanks to this thread, I was able to finally order 70mai A510 F&R for my car yesterday, after on-off on-screen romance with dash cams for years.

My love affair with dash cams started with YouTube channel "Unclecoolie"

https://www.Youtube.com/@unclecoolie
He drives across North America with journeys lasting multiple days and post them in real time, time lapse mode etc. No blabbering, commenting, just pure bliss drive videos, as if, the viewer is the one driving. He uses Garmin Virb which is unfortunately not available in India. I even thought of importing from US, but by then it was discontinued. Tried researching alternatives which are basically action-cams like GoPro but they are not suitable for long duration recording as well as to capture the depth in front, beautifully. Was interested in SJCAM briefly, but didn't follow through.

Then decided to address vlogging (just recording long drives) and safety recording needs separately. Even then, was not able to pin down one, just saving random products to cart or wish list in Amazon which will eventually become 'see all buying option'.

Final motivation came from various videos posted in T-BHP and seeing how vulnerable driving has become. (I used to record long drives in mobile phone and glaringly highlight my own mistakes).

Found this thread and the details and videos posted here helped to narrow down to
a) Qubo
b) 70mai
c) Voifo

While going through multiple rabbit holes to research, found this useful website called wideorejestratory24 (dot) pl. Obviously, it is Poland website and fortunately, those cameras popular in India are popular there too. They have a very detailed technical review and practical test. It is like they attach multiple dashcams to one car and run through multiple scenarios. City drive, scenic drive, dusk, dawn, night etc etc. They do have a single drive video comparing A510, A810 and Voifo A229 Plus. That website is the only place on entire world wide web where I could find bitrate in Mbps of these (not-so-well-documented) cameras. The only downside is as one start watching these comparisons, naturally s/he will be inclined to buy high quality camera which is expensive. However, for A510, the content writer specifically mentioned that though A810 and A229 seems desirable, A510 is a perfect choice. That's a hell of professionalism. Since the site is intended for Polish people, there is no English version available. One has to use Translate service. I used inbuilt Firefox Translate Beta.

Finally ordered 70mai A510 primarily due to
a) Starvis 2 sensor (thanks to impala, himanshu_trika, abhi3284)
b) 60 fps option
c) Road story overlay filter (fancy but still)

Expected by this Saturday and already prep-up trusted upkeep partner on upcoming task.

I do also have an upcoming long scenic drive to check its vlogging capabilities. But I am sure it will suffice safety recording more than enough.
Old 19th July 2024, 09:44   #5351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Have you installed it? What’s the feedback? Amazon is giving a decent sale on this now and I’m planning to purchase it.
I see you’re from Bombay - May I ask where you the installation done from?
At Vashi by my regular trusted mechanic.

Installation was smooth. The power plug provided by 70mai fits well in the lighter socket. I didn't opt for hardware kit as of now, as I want to record only during driving.

Initiation through phone was super smooth. I was little bit worried about iOS app after reading reviews at App Store, but for me it was smooth.

As Amazon bought 250 GB cards didn't reach, I had to buy a 32GB card off the shelf from a local store, not exact specs recommended by 70mai, but it worked. About 40 min drive back home occupied 24 GB.

Rear camera footage quality is very good. I guess there is no tweaking possible for this, but the stock quality is good.

Front camera is also good. But after reviewing video, I think, position of camera is very important. I detached camera from the pod and did some positioning experiment at home along with software configuration through app/camera display. I may have to reposition camera location to get 'the wide angle' feel. My suggestion is to install all except camera, initiate app and review video angle & wideness on the app. Once satisfied with result, then fix the adhesive & camera.

Hope this helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks