Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2024, 20:36   #5296
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post
So now am looking for that little wedge thingamajig that is compatible with the Wolfbox bracket. And am hoping there's a way to take out the OEM wedge off of the windshield, glue the new one (which I don't have yet) in its place, slide on the Wolfbox bracket onto it, and finally mount the dashcam onto the bracket; just writing all that makes me sweat! Help me out please. Where can I find that wedge thingy? Or is there an alternate solution to my predicament?

Any help is much appreciated.
Is the mount that you procured also female? Does the Old mirror fit on the new mount? Then it is probably reversed and you can ask Wolfbox to send you a male one.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 20:45   #5297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Is the mount that you procured also female? Does the Old mirror fit on the new mount? Then it is probably reversed and you can ask Wolfbox to send you a male one.

The first picture in my post is the OEM male "wedge" thingy that's glued to the windshield.

The second picture is the female end of the OEM mirror that slides/fits on the wedge.

The third one is the Wolfbox bracket mount, which is also a female and is supposed to fit onto the OEM male, but they aren't getting along.

Wolfbox sent the right thing, its just not liking the OEM mounted male.

Edit: I am now looking for a new male wedge to replace the OEM mounted male.

Last edited by fjcruiser08 : 9th June 2024 at 20:46. Reason: Mentioned in post
Old 10th June 2024, 12:27   #5298
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Recently gave a budget upgrade for my older shein dashcam, with DDPAI Mini Pro Dash Camera costing around 4K INR.
Item link

I'm very much satisfied with the video quality as well as app,wifi connectivity.
Key features includes :
1.5K 1296p resolution,
Super-Capacitor,
G-Sensor,
WiFi, Parking Mode ( KIT not included),
Upto 256GB Supported
Extreme value for money

Negatives :
No GPS
No dual channel
No screen

I'm attaching one lowlight video capture, surprisingly most of the plate details of the parked cars were clear on iphone, when downloaded from the app.
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 13:30   #5299
BHPian

Need some troubleshooting advice.
I have a 70mai rear view dashcam, dual channel which is over 3 years old. It is powered by the 12v outlet in my car using a standard 2.4A 5v car charger. Last few days the dashcam just doesn’t boot up when starting the car. I changed the charger, tried connecting to the usb port instead of the accessory socket, plugged in a different cable but nothing works. It worked fine when I took it out and connected it to a wall socket with an adapter. Relieved, I put it back in the car, turned on and set the time and date etc. Next morning it is dead again.
What could be the issue?
Old 12th June 2024, 11:58   #5300
Senior - BHPian

Hi, for cars having 12V sockets that are always ON, what's the successfull alternative?
Taking power from USB is one option that I saw here, but again that runs with another problem.
The USB powers up upon car lock/unlock and then turns back off. This will be followed up by another power up with ignition. Unsure on how this frequent ON/OFFs are gonna affect the dash cam life.
Old 12th June 2024, 12:06   #5301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
The USB powers up upon car lock/unlock and then turns back off. This will be followed up by another power up with ignition. Unsure on how this frequent ON/OFFs are gonna affect the dash cam life.
Not all car's USB power power up with lock/unlock. In my Honda, it doesn't. In my wife's Hyundai, it does. But that behavior hardly affects the dashcam. Both cars have dashcams fitted and I have never felt a need to worry at this aspect. Dash cams remain powered on for a few seconds even when the power supply is cut off, so, the on-off may not be as frequent as you think. But not to worry even if it does in my opinion.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 13:39   #5302
BHPian

Hi, just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with this type of dashcam: DDPAI Mola E3 Rearview Mirror Dashcam (2024 Type C Version)

https://dashcameras.in/products/ddpa...mirror-dashcam

Seems like a neat and simple solution since it gives you a clear rearview image and clips onto the existing IRVM and is on sale.

Thanks.
Old 12th June 2024, 16:37   #5303
BHPian

I am currently using a 70mai A800 dual dashcam in my car. As per manual, this supports 128GB microSD card. Wanting to understand from Gurus in here who are using this model in their cars if the microSD card could be upgraded from the current 128GB to 256GB/512GB as I feel that the storage of 128GB is too limited. Thanks in advance for any help/support.
Old 13th June 2024, 09:17   #5304
BHPian

Hey guys, urgently need dashcam advice to replace my ageing blaupunkt dashcam.

Car is a 2022 Jeep Compass. Would Ideally like something that can be connected to the front USB port and is dual channel (Front+Rear). I'm in Delhi, so if you have local suggestions I don't mind going and getting it installed over the weekend. Budget is between 6-8k.

Options being considered at the moment:
>Qubo dashcam pro 3k (Price 8.5k)
>Crossbeats roadeye 2.0 (~7.5k)
> NEXDIGITRON Prime (~7.5k after card discounts)
>70Mai A400 (~8k after card discounts) Would like to avoid stretching my budget for this if the others aren't good.

Thanks in advance!
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 16:02   #5305
BHPian

I was looking for dual channel dashcam for my new Honda elevate and have finally deiced to go ahead with 70mai A810, I am not interested in ADAS and other features of dash cam my only requirement was good clarity and camera must be able to capture number plates in most of the condition specially during night driving.
One thing which I am still not sure of is should I ask installer to plug it to 12v socket or I tap the power from fuse box.
Any opinion on camera(70mai) based on my requirement and connection?
karan888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 21:39   #5306

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan888 View Post
One thing which I am still not sure of is should I ask installer to plug it to 12v socket or I tap the power from fuse box.
Any opinion on camera(70mai) based on my requirement and connection?
Have you checked with the dealer of the Fuse Tap won't void warranty? I'm in the same boat. Just got the Elevate but dealer says they won't install any outside dashcam. And he mentioned any Fuse Tap or Hardwiring will void Electrical warranty.
Trevor_Philips is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 00:44   #5307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Philips View Post
Have you checked with the dealer of the Fuse Tap won't void warranty? I'm in the same boat. Just got the Elevate but dealer says they won't install any outside dashcam. And he mentioned any Fuse Tap or Hardwiring will void Electrical warranty.
Using a fuse tap does not void the warranty; however, cutting factory wires does.

Dealers often claim that your warranty will be void unless you purchase the same product from them at a higher price.

We have numerous dealership and garage clients who regularly purchase fuse taps from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post
...So now am looking for that little wedge thingamajig that is compatible with the Wolfbox bracket. And am hoping there's a way to take out the OEM wedge off of the windshield, glue the new one (which I don't have yet) in its place, slide on the Wolfbox bracket onto it, and finally mount the dashcam onto the bracket; just writing all that makes me sweat! Help me out please. Where can I find that wedge thingy? Or is there an alternate solution to my predicament?

Any help is much appreciated.
Replace your existing mount with a 'universal' mount available at windshield expert shops. These mounts are compatible with a variety of cars from brands such as VW, Skoda, Hyundai, Kia, Honda, Toyota, and many others.

Avoid installing an additional wedge to prevent potential rattling issues in the future.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th June 2024 at 15:45. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks!
durvient is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 07:48   #5308
BHPian

Guys, I have a RedTiger 7FN dashcam. Recently I installed the Redtiger video viewing software on PC. I am not able to see the speed and coordinates in the video.
When I see in mobile app or direct download, it shows.
Can someone guide me on this please?
Old 16th June 2024, 16:01   #5309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Had bought the safecam SC01 a product form safecam dashcam, a company based out of Pune almost 2 years back…..
I have been using the Y3S model of Safecams for the last couple of years now. Happened to see a video regarding firmware upgrade on this model in the company’s YouTube channel. But the firm has not been responding to queries. Any leads on this is welcome.
Old 18th June 2024, 12:41   #5310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durvient View Post
Replace your existing mount with a 'universal' mount available at windshield expert shops. These mounts are compatible with a variety of cars from brands such as VW, Skoda, Hyundai, Kia, Honda, Toyota, and many others.

Avoid installing an additional wedge to prevent potential rattling issues in the future.
Thanks for the feedback. I believe you, or someone else, had suggested this before, so I already went and checked with the local windshield installers (a couple of them) and they said they don't have the part (the wedge mount that goes on the glass). They said it comes attached to the glass from the manufacturer. So that didn't go as I had hoped. Maybe they are available in large cities. Is there a place I can order it online?

Also, removing the existing wedge seems tricky. What if I leave alone the existing one and install the new one an inch away from it, why would there be rattling?

Thanks,
FJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks