Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2024, 10:19   #5236
BANNED

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello BHPians, One of my friend purchased XUV700 last week. He wants to install dual channel dash cam in his vehicle. He has already shortlisted and purchased dash cam.

Considering a new vehicle, he is looking to get it installed by a professional. His dealership / service center already declined to install 3rd party products from their side. Thus he is looking for a reliable installer in Mumbai preferably in western suburbs - between Khar and Goregaon.

Please provide any suggestion / recommendation for reliable dash cam installers in western suburbs of Mumbai.
Old 7th May 2024, 11:06   #5237

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hello Rahul, I had installed dash cam week before last but there after haven't got a chance to use my vehicle much as I had to travel for office work. A small number of videos I could record, I am satisfied with F7NT Dashcam. One thing I realized that I need to buy CPL filter which is on my bucket list.

Unfortunately I am not able to upload video recording from dash cam.

Below are couple of screenshots.

Day Time video
Attachment 2603329

Evening / Night time video

Attachment 2603333
Thank you for the quick response and as luck would have it, the F7NT is out of stock. I'll just wait and buy it after the sale I guess.
Old 7th May 2024, 17:11   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Hi All,

Need help.

I am looking for an good reliable installer reference in NCR ( Noida Preferred), who can complete the dual dash cam setup. we have a Thar, Amaze and XL6 in the group. Appreciate any help /reference in Delhi / Noida.

Regards
Sushil
Hey did u find a reliable dealer for installation in Noida?

Hello everyone, please share any reliable technician for dascham installation in Noida/ Delhi

Last edited by Alphaseal6 : 7th May 2024 at 17:28. Reason: Add
Old 7th May 2024, 18:31   #5239

Hi iamzeus,

I bought the Viofo 512 Mb card as I didn't want to take a chance and lose the videos, and I can get back to Viofo if they do. I park my car in an open parking lot at office and use Viofo parking mode (hardwired). The dashcam gets quite hot in the process. Since my Viofo 229 (3Ch) runs 24x7, I chose Viofo memory card. I think the best test for the Amazon Basics or any other card will be while recording in 3 Channels at the highest settings.

Regards
CarMojo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 22:31   #5240
BANNED

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Hello, a friend of mine wants to install dual channel dash cam in his vehicle. He has already shortlisted and purchased dash cam. (vehicle XUV 700)

Considering a new vehicle, he is looking to get it installed by a professional. His dealership / service center already declined to install 3rd party products from their side. Thus he is looking for a reliable installer in Mumbai preferably in western suburbs - between Khar and Goregaon.

Please provide any suggestion / recommendation for reliable dash cam installers in western suburbs of Mumbai.
Old 9th May 2024, 13:34   #5241
BHPian

Hello All,

I am looking for a dual dashcam for my Creta. I have shortlisted following 2 based on my requirement. The budget is fixed.

1) REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam @12,500.00
2) 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam @10,999.00

I am not worried if it is a battery based or or super capacitor based as the usage would be limited for me.

I do not want STARVIS sensors. Main objective is to have

1) Identify the vehicle make in case of any accident
2) Should be able to identify faces

Amazon has mixed reviews for both. Some people calling both trash or some have given 5 star rating.

If any of the member has been using any of the above dashcam, please share your experience which will help me to take a decision.
Old 9th May 2024, 17:58   #5242
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought a qubo dual channel dash cam. While the camera is good, I am facing issues with the front camera frequently falling down. The original tape that came I suppose is not good enough, tried with another tape/sticker at the accessories shop where I got the cam fitted, even that one did not hold for more than 2 days.

Any specific recommendation for a good quality sticky tape/double side tape/sticky glue which can hold the camera? Thank you.
Old 9th May 2024, 19:09   #5243
BHPian

Even I was facing a similar problem. The tape stuck properly on the glass but the dash camera side kept falling off.

I just used Feviquick between the dash camera plastic and the double sided tape and it has stayed for more than a year.

Ps : don't use Feviquick between the glass and the double side tape.
shikh_oberoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 17:09   #5244
BHPian

Hello folks,

So in Viofo 229 plus, I find that the dashboard reflection is at the higher side. Is this expected ? This is after installing the CPL filter.

1. Pic from Indoor
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-indoor-reflection.png

2. Pic from outdoor
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-outdoor-reflection.png

3. Pic from outdoor 2
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-outdoor-reflection2.png
niCo_neOz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 18:54   #5245
BHPian

Friends,

I have XUV700 AX5 and recently I have been noticing too many idiots on the road driving from all directions even on highways. I was inclined towards Viofo A229 Pro but considering its cost I left it. Then I came across REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam which is ~12K but the seller doesn't have a dashcam, which I think can be bought from Amazon or other portals.

I only have one query for the people using Redtiger F7N dashcam. Did you install rear camera outside the vehicle or inside the vehicle ?

I have a parking camera already installed just above the registration plate. I would prefer to install rear camera on the rear glass not outside the vehicle. Any suggestions from your experience would be of great help.
Old 10th May 2024, 19:15   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post

I only have one query for the people using Redtiger F7N dashcam. Did you install rear camera outside the vehicle or inside the vehicle ?

I have a parking camera already installed just above the registration plate. I would prefer to install rear camera on the rear glass not outside the vehicle. Any suggestions from your experience would be of great help.
I am using the same since last couple of months. Rear camera is installed inside. I don't think it is IP rated to be installed outside anyway.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 20:17   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Aren’t all rear dash cams installed inside ? Are there ones that are installed out side too ?
Old 10th May 2024, 20:51   #5248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
Aren’t all rear dash cams installed inside ? Are there ones that are installed out side too ?
The dealer said for better clarity, it is installed just above the Registration Plate but what if a vehicle already have a parking camera installed there..
Old 10th May 2024, 21:34   #5249
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer said for better clarity, it is installed just above the Registration Plate but what if a vehicle already have a parking camera installed there..
Unless the device is IPX rated, it should not be placed outside. You can set the camera in the rear on the inside of the boot, just below the brake lights, placed centrally. Just need to ensure the wiring is long enough so that it doesn't come off when the boot is opened.
Please look for YouTube videos for your call. I'm sure there will be few specific to your make.
Old 10th May 2024, 22:51   #5250
phi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
Hello folks,
So in Viofo 229 plus, I find that the dashboard reflection is at the higher side. Is this expected ? This is after installing the CPL filter.
I get very little reflection (nothing at all almost always) on my A229 Pro. It might be caused by the angle between the camera, windshield and dashboard in your case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks