Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2024, 13:43   #5221
phi
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzeus View Post
I need some suggestions for a compatible memory card. Looking to get a 512 GB card. Checked out the Viofo 512 GB card on their website and it seems like the most optimal choice as it comes recommend by the company as well(obviously).
I messaged Viofo customer care on WhatsApp to confirm the compatibility of the card with the camera and they informed that it is fully compatible.
But to my complete surprise, the person also suggested the amazon basics 512Gb Microsdxc Memory Card with Full Size Adapter, 100Mb/S, U3.
Even I thought that the Viofo card was too expensive, and went for Sandisk Extreme 512GB (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B2DFLJ5H). It has been working well for the last 4 months on my Viofo A229 Pro 3-CH.
Old 27th April 2024, 13:58   #5222

I am facing an issue with Qubo Dash camera installed in my car. The camera needs wifi to be connected with the app installed in my phone. Once I connect it, I am unable to use Data on my phone. Tried a lot to change data settings in phone as well as Qubo app but unable to find a solution. Need suggestions to resolve this.
Old 29th April 2024, 07:28   #5223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikmantri View Post
I am facing an issue with Qubo Dash camera installed in my car. The camera needs wifi to be connected with the app installed in my phone. Once I connect it, I am unable to use Data on my phone. Tried a lot to change data settings in phone as well as Qubo app but unable to find a solution. Need suggestions to resolve this.
Yes, a lot of these dashcams use a direct wifi connection between the device and phone to transfer the files, which stops your phone from connecting to the internet.

I only connect my phone to the device when I want to download anything, otherwise I usually don't connect to it.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 17:56   #5224
BHPian

I installed the 70mai M300 dashcam in my Baleno this past weekend. When I download the videos from the camera to my mobile, they play fine when viewed from the 70mai app. However if I play them from my Android phone's gallery they don't play properly. It freezes about 2 times per second. Even if I share the video from the 70mai app with someone, it plays incorrectly on their mobile as well i.e. freezes 2 times per second. Any idea about this issue?
Old 29th April 2024, 22:25   #5225

Need help in installation of Viofo a119 mini dashcam in my Creta in Hyderabad. Any good places in Hyderabad where I can visit for installation without damaging the car interiors or lining.
Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2024, 06:20   #5226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzeus View Post
Should I pull the trigger and go with the amazonBasics card or stick to the Viofo one?
You can check the reviews for this Amazon basics card to see if they support VIOFO dashcams. I guess write speed of 30Mb/s is the best out there so, that’s to be checked. Please also check for durability factors, those stated in the viofo site for recommended memory cards, if they are present in this card.
Old 2nd May 2024, 14:35   #5227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolsuvhead View Post
Thanks a ton, going for the Nexdigitron Ace Plus with the GPS module. Currently available on Amazon for 4.5k. Hoping to do the installation on my own. Let's see how that turns out.
Whether you went ahead as planned and got Nextdigitron GPS installed? If so, please share your experience with the product and the way you installed it? Some pics will be of great help.
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:27   #5228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
, it plays incorrectly on their mobile as well i.e. freezes 2 times per second. Any idea about this issue?
This can be since the specific codec is not supported on the viewer you playing. Do check out the file format, that may help you out.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 14:06   #5229
BHPian

I went through the last 100 pages of this thread. Very informative. I know a lot more about dashcams now. Thanks, guys.

Now, a noob question. I need a dual-channel dash cam but without any screen. Does 70mai have any model that meets the requirement? If not, can a user recommend any other cam that fits the bill?
Old 5th May 2024, 14:24   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I went through the last 100 pages of this thread. Very informative. I know a lot more about dashcams now. Thanks, guys.

Now, a noob question. I need a dual-channel dash cam but without any screen. Does 70mai have any model that meets the requirement? If not, can a user recommend any other cam that fits the bill?
My recommendation would be to go for one with screen.
Ever since I started using one since 2014 - 1st a generic one from Amazon and 2nd was Transcend DP 200, both had screens.
The 3rd one was DDPAI Mola N3.

My experience with DDPAI Mola N3 was not good as far as connectivity was concerned. Always used to get messages like camera not found and such. So when I upgraded to Honda City couple of months back, I made it a point to buy a dual channel one with screen, bought RedTiger F7N. Even in this one I face app connectivity issues, not sure if it's for me alone. But having a screen makes it so much easy to change settings and minor adjustments to the camera itself.
Since the DDPAI experience, I always keep a USB A/C type card reader in the car. It's far easier to connect to a mobile and view the clips.
These are based on my experiences. In case of emergency, if there is a wifi connectivity issues, then there is no way you can present your case to someone. So it is best to have a cam with screen and also keep a card reader handy.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 15:01   #5231
BHPian

How is the Redtiger F7N? Is it a touchscreen model?
Old 5th May 2024, 23:35   #5232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
How is the Redtiger F7N? Is it a touchscreen model?
The performance has been nothing to complain about so far. I think there's a touchscreen model as well. The one I have has buttons.
Old 6th May 2024, 14:32   #5233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurav_in View Post
Hyundai ASC is selling Dashcam HMEB-300E which can be powered from Cabin Light, using some wire splitter. It comes with front and rear. Has anyone used it? Is it worth its price of 11K.
Hi, I just took delivery of a second-hand/pre-owned i20 where the previous owner has this installed. There is no microSD card installed. Are there any resources on how I can reset this dashcam and get it working again? I've tried to look for a user manual but could not find one. Will just interesting a microSD card get it working again?
Old 6th May 2024, 16:56   #5234

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I had checked few reviews of these camera's on Youtube. Night Time recording was decent but not as great as dash cams with Sony Starvis 2 processor.

Having said that, dash cams with Starvis 2 are priced out of my budget and thus I am considering the ones I mentioned in my earlier post.

Out of these, I have decided to go ahead with RedTiger FN7T and have ordered same from Amazon. My SA was kind enough and has agreed to install it at dealership. Thus, will be getting that installed during upcoming week.
Wanted to check how's the performance of F7NT? I wanted to buy it before the Amazon sale ends. Its currently retailing at 13.7k. Cant' extend my budget beyond 15k.
Old 6th May 2024, 19:31   #5235
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb8949 View Post
Wanted to check how's the performance of F7NT? I wanted to buy it before the Amazon sale ends. Its currently retailing at 13.7k. Cant' extend my budget beyond 15k.
Hello Rahul, I had installed dash cam week before last but there after haven't got a chance to use my vehicle much as I had to travel for office work. A small number of videos I could record, I am satisfied with F7NT Dashcam. One thing I realized that I need to buy CPL filter which is on my bucket list.

Unfortunately I am not able to upload video recording from dash cam.

Below are couple of screenshots.

Day Time video
Attachment 2603329

Evening / Night time video

Attachment 2603333
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot-20240506-184258.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot-20240506-184949.png  

F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks