Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2024, 06:20   #5191
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
I would suggest that you also review the Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam. It offers excellent performance at a compelling price point. I recently installed it in my vehicle and have found no reason to complain.
Could you please confirm the following:
  1. Was the power source through a 12v cigarette lighter socket or hardwired?
  2. Did you install it through a technician - if so, where in Hyderabad did you get this done
  3. Any references/contact number?
  4. What were the charges?
  5. How was the workmanship?
Thank You.
Old 9th April 2024, 06:58   #5192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
Do dashcams having Starvis 2 sensors make a big difference? My basic requirement is, that the number plates of the cars should be identifiable. I'm leaning more towards Viofo 229 plus but it is pretty expensive compared to so many other options available under 20k.
See this review by Travel Tech where the quality of number plate identification is shown clearly.

rajivr1612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 10:28   #5193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
I would suggest that you also review the Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam. It offers excellent performance at a compelling price point. I recently installed it in my vehicle and have found no reason to complain.
Hello arnieshwartz, How is the video clarity in Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam?
Can it read number plates well? Also how is night vision footage from this dashcam?
Old 9th April 2024, 10:45   #5194
BHPian

Are Dashcams with removable SD Card better or the ones which have eMMC Card inbuilt in the Dashcam like the Miofive? How is the Card failure rate in the eMMC one? In case it goes bad, is the Dashcam rendered useless then, if its outside the warranty period? Any pros or cons of both?
Old 9th April 2024, 11:21   #5195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Could you please confirm the following:
  1. Was the power source through a 12v cigarette lighter socket or hardwired?
  2. Did you install it through a technician - if so, where in Hyderabad did you get this done
  3. Any references/contact number?
  4. What were the charges?
  5. How was the workmanship?
Thank You.
Hi -

1. The unit comes with a charger that you can plug into the 12V cigarette lighter socket. However, I wanted parking monitoring as well, and dont like wires dangling, so got the OBD2 hardwire kit.

2. It was really a pretty straightforward and no sweat DIY process. I used the plastic tool they provided and was able to route the wires through the roof liner and plastic cladding of the pillars.

I could maybe take pictures to point out the route of the wires.
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 11:30   #5196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hello arnieshwartz, How is the video clarity in Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam?
Can it read number plates well? Also how is night vision footage from this dashcam?
The front camera unit is advertised as having 2K resolution and the video is definitely better than that from the 1080p rear camera. Plus, I believe the CPL filter for the front unit does help cut out any glare to some extent thus contributing to better clarity.

Let me look at the card and see if there's any suitable day and night footage to share w.r.t readability of number plates. I'm sure there are bound to be circumstances beyond control, like bright lights for example, that could hamper recording quality.
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 12:03   #5197
BHPian

Food for thought. Would it be advisable if we get two single dashcams and mount them in the front and rear. They can be hardwired to the power source and incase of need of recordings, can be downloaded from the memory card.

Is this line of action absurd?

Last edited by jacobsam : 13th April 2024 at 12:04. Reason: spelling mistake
jacobsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 06:49   #5198
LJN

Hi fellow BHPians,

I have got a Wolfbox G840H Mirror Cam installed recently for my XUV 700. It is working perfectly as a Dashcam and also making up the absence of an auto dimming IRVM in the car. I have got it hard wired for parking monitoring.Kindly guide

(a) How the cam records while on parking mode ? Is it recording continously or on impact only?

(b) I couldn't also see any vidoes recorded while parking monitoring is on. Where can we find the recording?
Old 15th April 2024, 07:31   #5199
BHPian

Hello Folks !

I am on lookout for a 2 channel 4K Dashcam for my XUV700 at Delhi and zeroed down on two options

VIOFO A229 Plus
https://amzn.in/d/aCcMLZE

70mai A810
https://amzn.in/d/jaapzqx

Both seem to have same Starvis 2 sensor ,my desktop research is positive for both but Viofo has more fans and better rating ,though on paper 70mai A810 is a better value for money buy.

Would love to have suggestions from forum members ,my requirements within budget of 25K are

1.Required to clearly read number plates
2.Super Capacitor based
3.Parking surveillance required and clean OBD hardwiring kit is a necessity.
4.ADAS not required ,if present no issues.

Additionally ,would love to know any trusted Dealer/Installer around Delhi-NCR region.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 10:41   #5200
BHPian

I am on the lookout for a Starvis 2 sensor dash cam too.

The above 2 seem good only difference being that 70Mai front cam is a 4K.

Couple questions I have about front and rear dash cams:

1. The wiring passes through the side pillar which has airbag. Any chance it hinders the airbag deployment in cases of accident? Is it recommended to have such custom wiring?
2. To use the full functionality of the dash cam, we need to hardwire it to the fusebox. Does it affect the car warranty?
3. Any battery usage concerns if hard wired?

Any experience/ comments on these will be helpful. Thank you.

Last edited by ssm2021 : 15th April 2024 at 10:42.
Old 17th April 2024, 14:01   #5201
BANNED

Guys I have a question around Dash Cam connection in 12V socket.

I am planning to get a Supercapacitor based Dash Cam and have short listed DDPAI N5 Dual and RedTiger FN7T as 2 options. I am not planning to hardwire dashcam at this moment but will be using 12v socket for connection.

My question is, with this kind of set up, does I have to set Date & Time in dash cam every time I power on my car? or date & time setting doesn't get wiped out for certain duration?
Old 17th April 2024, 19:53   #5202

I drive a WagonR BS-III 2009 Model. Can I install the A500s dual channel setup in my car?
Old 20th April 2024, 16:51   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Zeroed down Vantrue E2 from this list. Is www.Dashcamera.in a reliable site to order from?
If it’s dashcameras.in, I guess they are legit as they were featured in one of the reliable YouTube channel, MotoWagon. Or you can try ordering from their website directly, might cost you less as well(if present).

In another thread I read about HDR being important for videos taken at night. Vantrue E2 specs says WDR, any idea if it’s the same as HDR ? Or better ?

Quote:
I am planning to get a Supercapacitor based Dash Cam and have short listed DDPAI N5 Dual and RedTiger FN7T as 2 options.
Did you also get to see the reviews of night time driving for these two? If so , please share the details as I’m also looking for one in the market and A229 plus seems to tick the box, though they are on a higher price point.

Quote:
My question is, with this kind of set up, does I have to set Date & Time in dash cam every time I power on my car? or date & time setting doesn't get wiped out for certain duration?
My understanding is either the main camera has some kind of a CMOS battery or the connecting application helps in this regard. The super capacitor or the Li-Ion battery should not factor into this.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th April 2024 at 20:24. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Quote+ when replying to multiple posts.
Old 20th April 2024, 19:09   #5204
BHPian

I recently bought Viofo A229 plus dual channel Dashcam for my new Seltos and got it installed from ASC itself. Got it connected to cigarette lighter socket. Attaching samples from both cameras during day and night time here, since it may help others! I absolutely loved the clarity of both cameras and can clearly read number plates during both day and night time from both cameras. Two wheeler number plates are tough to recognise during night time in rear camera. But can read it easily in front camera.

Samples below:

MalnadMansha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 19:22   #5205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
I recently bought Viofo A229 plus dual channel Dashcam for my new Seltos and got it installed from ASC itself. Got it connected to cigarette lighter socket.
I spoke with Vijay earlier today and have placed an Order this same Dashcam from the Viofo website for my Seltos. Should be delivered on Monday. Have you bought CPL Filter as well? Which Memory Card have you opted for? I will most likely be going for SanDisk Extreme 256 GB.

Surprising but Good that the KIA Service Center agreed to install after market Dashcam. Different Dealers operate by their own rules. From where is the wire routed for the Rear Dashcam?
Appreciate if you could also post a couple of pics of Front and Rear Dashcam placement.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 20th April 2024 at 19:23. Reason: Correction
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks