Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2024, 11:03   #5176

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Is a battery based cam a problem if parked under the sun?
Dashcam with a Lithium battery would be an issue in the long run with extreme Indian temperatures. Always choose dashcams with super capacitors instead.
ignaneswar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 17:11   #5177
BHPian

Team BHP,
Need advice on this:
I have recently purchased and installed IZIDRIVE DUAL DASHCAM in my car HONDA CITY ZX 2017 FACELIFT and facing the problem of :
a) the image appears flipped in the rear dashcam i.e objects on the right side appear on the left side.
b)the speed and GPS coordinates have stopped appearing in the images / videos
I have complained to the IZIDRIVE Customer care but so far received no resolution

Anybody facing similar situation?
Regards,
SMSP
Old 7th April 2024, 17:19   #5178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
a) the image appears flipped in the rear dashcam i.e objects on the right side appear on the left side.
b)the speed and GPS coordinates have stopped appearing in the images / videos
Regards,
SMSP
Try resetting the dashcam to its factory settings. This can sometimes resolve software-related issues. Once reset, test it without the latest firmware. If everything is functioning properly, proceed to update it to the latest firmware and test again. If the issue reoccurs after the update, it's likely that the firmware update is the cause.
Old 7th April 2024, 22:33   #5179
BHPian

Any leads for a good Car Accessories Shop in Pune who have good workmanship in Dashcam Installs? Preferred area around Hadapsar, Kharadi, Viman Nagar. Thanks.
Old 8th April 2024, 12:38   #5180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Any leads for a good Car Accessories Shop in Pune who have good workmanship in Dashcam Installs? Preferred area around Hadapsar, Kharadi, Viman Nagar. Thanks.
I got mine installed this Saturday by Sagar at Car Ax. https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fg61Ln54rucnHWSV6

A little far (I reside in Vimannagar), however the workmanship is excellent.
sankdadevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 13:22   #5181
BHPian

I am looking for a dual dashcam for our Honda City. Would be travelling to Chembur/Navi Mumbai by the end of this month. Please advice the options available in these areas or should I purchase it online and get it installed.

Jacob.
Old 8th April 2024, 13:26   #5182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
I am looking for a dual dashcam for our Honda City. Would be travelling to Chembur/Navi Mumbai by the end of this month. Please advice the options available in these areas or should I purchase it online and get it installed.

Jacob.
There are good quality cams available online and some quick search in this forum can get you some options. For reference, I have installed 70mai A500S pro plus+ dual channel cam which I ordered online via Amazon. It could also be ordered directly from vendor Nexdigitron.

You can get the cam installed at an accessories shop if you are not comfortable with DIY.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th April 2024 at 13:28.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 16:04   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
OK Did some research and I don't want to risk it as the temperature here is around 40+ and can get even hotter inside the car.

I am in the market for a dual dashcam with a supercapacitor for my Carens. Not looking at hardwiring options. Quality should be decent to read number plates.

Currently shortlisted these
1) Vantrue E2 - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CRYWLNHJ/
2) REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B098WVKF19
3) DDPAI N5 Dual 4K - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CD3YCJCS

Are there other models that can be considered? Any feedback on the above 3? My max budget is 20k.

Also, what are the accessories to be considered (memory card, any filters, etc??
Zeroed down Vantrue E2 from this list. Is www.Dashcameras.in a reliable site to order from?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th April 2024 at 17:44. Reason: fixed the URL
Old 8th April 2024, 16:24   #5184
BHPian

Quote:
OK Did some research and I don't want to risk it as the temperature here is around 40+ and can get even hotter inside the car.

I am in the market for a dual dashcam with a supercapacitor for my Carens. Not looking at hardwiring options. Quality should be decent to read number plates.

Are there other models that can be considered? Any feedback on the above 3? My max budget is 20k.

Also, what are the accessories to be considered (memory card, any filters, etc??
Have you considered the Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam? It offers excellent performance at a compelling price point. I recently installed it in my vehicle and have found no reason to complain.

I also got a 128GB Samsung EVO Plus SD card and a CPL Filter.
arnieshwartz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 16:30   #5185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Looking for dual dashcam for my WRV. My requirements are as below. Please suggest some good cams. Will DDpai N5 dual satisfy the below.
  • Discreet front and rear cam
  • Should be detachable as I park in the open with summer already scorching
  • Can I purchase just front cam now and later add a 2nd rear cam? what are the disadvantages to this?
I would suggest that you also review the Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam. It offers excellent performance at a compelling price point. I recently installed it in my vehicle and have found no reason to complain.

The front camera unit slides into a receptacle that you affix to the windscreen, so you can remove the unit if needed and easily attach it again.

The unit is super capacitor based and I have read that this is a better option over battery-based units in hot countries.

My personal opinion is that a dual cam setup is more advantageous for the purpose of having a dashcam installed in the first place. Having both cameras setup at the same time is better from a wiring perspective, especially if you decide to hardwire the unit for parking monitoring.

Last edited by arnieshwartz : 8th April 2024 at 16:32. Reason: Edited for content
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 17:04   #5186
BHPian

Quote:

From a practicality POV I would any day suggest camera with inbuilt screen. I started off with Transcend DP 200, used it close to 7 years. Later got DDPAI Mola N3 which didn't have screen. This one troubled me no end. Whenever I wanted to connect to app it would throw up some error. I could not even change basic settings. Hence I always kept a card reader in my car.
When I bought my new car in Feb this year, I bought the Redtiger F7N specifically due to inbuilt screen. It's got super capacitor, suction mount so that I can remove it when required.
Please consider this ascept when buying.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 17:47   #5187
BHPian

Do dashcams having Starvis 2 sensors make a big difference? My basic requirement is, that the number plates of the cars should be identifiable. I'm leaning more towards Viofo 229 plus but it is pretty expensive compared to so many other options available under 20k.
Old 8th April 2024, 17:53   #5188

Quote:
You can have a look at the Miofive 4k Dual Dashcam as well. (https://amzn.in/d/gpxopUV)
Old 8th April 2024, 17:56   #5189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
Have you considered the Nexdigitron Prime dual dashcam? It offers excellent performance at a compelling price point. I recently installed it in my vehicle and have found no reason to complain.

I also got a 128GB Samsung EVO Plus SD card and a CPL Filter.
Thank you for the suggestion, let me check this.
I hope this is a supercapacitor based one. The Vantrue model I was checking has a Starvid sensor for both cams. How is the video clarity in this device? Can it read number plates well? Do you mind posting any sample captures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
From a practicality POV I would any day suggest camera with inbuilt screen. I started off with Transcend DP 200, used it close to 7 years. Later got DDPAI Mola N3 which didn't have screen. This one troubled me no end. Whenever I wanted to connect to app it would throw up some error. I could not even change basic settings. Hence I always kept a card reader in my car.
When I bought my new car in Feb this year, I bought the Redtiger F7N specifically due to inbuilt screen. It's got super capacitor, suction mount so that I can remove it when required.
Please consider this ascept when buying.
The Vantrue one I posted has a screen. Since I haven't used a dashcam yet, I am still trying to understand the utility of the screen. So with the screen, you can update settings on the device, else you need to depend on the app. Am I right? Any other advantage a screen offers?
Old 8th April 2024, 18:27   #5190
BHPian

Quote:
So with the screen, you can update settings on the device, else you need to depend on the app. Am I right? Any other advantage a screen offers?
Yes, you can update settings and incase of a mishap, view the footage immediately. No need to depend on app and it's connectivity issues.
I would also suggest to keep an OTG card reader in your car. I keep one, so that I can immediately insert the card in the OTG adapter and view on mobile or laptop.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 8th April 2024 at 18:29.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks