Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 20:06   #5161
LJN

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Can anyone suggest a good electrician in Dehradun who does installation of Dash Cam/Mirror Cam in XUV 700. TIA
Old 4th April 2024, 11:44   #5162

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hey, Nice Review there. I am also on the lookout for a Dashcam and was considering Viofo A229 Plus and 70mai, leaning more towards Viofo. Added Miofive into the mix now. I see they are a new entrant in India, but have been operating in Global markets for some time.

Am unable to PM you as it's not enabled for you yet it seems. So, posting here few queries that i had:

Did you consider the Viofo and how does it fare against it? How is the build quality holding up, as you have been using it for 3+ months now? Have you hardwired it or connected to 12V Socket? Is this clarity using any CPL Filter or without it? Any other Cons for this Dashcam?

It does look promising but am a bit wary about After Sales Support, they being a new entrant.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Hi Abhishek,

I did consider Viofo A229 pro as an option but the cost was close to 50% more than Miofive and the specs were pretty much the same. Only difference I could see was that Miofive comes with Sony IMX 415 and Viofo with Sony IMX678. I had checked their global reviews and they were quite impressive. So decided to give Miofive a try.

The build quality is pretty good and it is running well without any overheating issues even in the current heatwave in Bangalore.
I've hardwired the device since I needed parking surveillance.
This clarity is without using a CPL filter, not sure if they're currently selling it with CPL Filter. Honestly, didn't feel the need to add one.
No major cons as such in my experience other than the firmware update required out of the box which failed a couple of times when I tried, but their support team guided me through it and got it done.

I was sceptical too with them being a new entrant into Indian Market, but overall the product felt worthy.
ignaneswar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 14:32   #5163

I have bought a 70mai 4K A810 dashcam from Amazon for my Creta. Could anyone please guide me in finding a reliable mechanic/ accessories shop that'll install it for me in Bandra, Khar, Santacruz, Sion in Mumbai? Thanks!
qtfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 10:28   #5164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtfan View Post
I have bought a 70mai 4K A810 dashcam from Amazon for my Creta. Could anyone please guide me in finding a reliable mechanic/ accessories shop that'll install it for me in Bandra, Khar, Santacruz, Sion in Mumbai? Thanks!
Try FM Drive in Santa Cruz West. Pankaj. Just opposite the side entrance of Khira Nagar. He usually does quality work.
Cheers.
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:19   #5165

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Try FM Drive in Santa Cruz West. Pankaj. Just opposite the side entrance of Khira Nagar. He usually does quality work.
Cheers.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll go on Saturday.
Old 5th April 2024, 15:10   #5166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtfan View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll go on Saturday.
Please call him first so you don't waste your time ....98199 41333.

Cheers,
SS
Old 5th April 2024, 15:18   #5167

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post
You should try getting DDPAI dash cams directly off of their global website. Shipping is taken care of, and that includes all customs duty as well. That's how we got our Mola N3 Pro, worked out a couple of thousands cheaper than Indian websites(also bought their hardwiring kit).
Hi there, I was looking for a dash cam for my XUV700 and came across your this post and when I looked into their official website, damn thats a steal I believe getting a MOla N3 Pro with hardwire kit for $111( INR 9244).

Just wanted to ask you 2 things.
1- How long did it take the order to reach you and
2- the aftersales, even though they say they have 1yr warranty, just curious about it.

Thanks and cheers
Old 5th April 2024, 19:19   #5168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy1503 View Post
Just wanted to ask you 2 things.
1- How long did it take the order to reach you and
2- the aftersales, even though they say they have 1yr warranty, just curious about it.

Thanks and cheers
1 - Ordered on 15th Nov 2023, delivered by 1st Dec 2023.
2 - Not sure about this, it has been around 3 months since installation and so far nothing wrong with the camera, works as intended. So, I haven't experienced their after-sales support. However, the courier(CPEX) was prompt in replying to my query about the shipment.
Old 5th April 2024, 20:46   #5169
BHPian

This is a request received from a friend, however I am aghast at my lack of knowledge regarding DVR. So came across to ask couple of noob questions

Requirement: Simply to have a camera facing inside the car, and be able to watch live video on an app - Remotely! So basically it won’t be to sit in the car and then download videos, but to be able to sit in office and monitor if the car is being misused. Secondly, live location on app so that he can follow at any given point where the car is. All this to ensure that his kid is safe while travelling.

Questions:

1. Can DVR feed only be viewed when physically in the car (ie. Connecting to its Wi-Fi) or are there any DVR models that allow remote live view as well?

2. I understand most DVRs have GPS logging, and not GPS live tracking. We were thinking of putting an OBD tracking module, and keeping the dashcam connected to the 12v socket.

3. I also understand from previous posts that Nexdigitron have a reliable iOS app, while others do not. True, or False?

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Old 6th April 2024, 12:51   #5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post

1. Can DVR feed only be viewed when physically in the car (ie. Connecting to its Wi-Fi) or are there any DVR models that allow remote live view as well?

3. I also understand from previous posts that Nexdigitron have a reliable iOS app, while others do not. True, or False?
1. I think what you are looking for is a surveillance camera with live view over internet for monitoring car's interior. Not sure about a dashcam that allows this, but there should be plenty of surveillance cameras for this purpose.

3. Nexdigitron seems to have a reliable iOS app, I have been using it for more than a week and havent faced any issue. Not sure about other brands, I guess Viofo is okay too based on reviews.
skyrider1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 14:29   #5171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
I had almost finalised 70MAI A810 but then found out it's battery based. My car is parked in sun and it gets pretty hot.
Is a battery based cam a problem if parked under the sun?
Old 6th April 2024, 14:42   #5172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Requirement: Simply to have a camera facing inside the car, and be able to watch live video on an app - Remotely! So basically it won’t be to sit in the car and then download videos, but to be able to sit in office and monitor

2. I understand most DVRs have GPS logging, and not GPS live tracking. We were thinking of putting an OBD tracking module, and keeping the dashcam connected to the 12v socket.
Check out the BlackVue DR900X-2CH dashcam: https://blackvue.co.uk/products/dr900x-2ch/

This model offers live monitoring via Wi-Fi internet connectivity. For Wi-Fi internet access you can opt for JioMotive - https://www.jio.com/jcms/jiomotive/

This should do the trick for what you need. Just keep in mind that getting your hands on this specific model might be a bit tricky in India. You might have to go the extra mile and either import it or order it from places like US Amazon and wait for it to be shipped over.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 20:14   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Is a battery based cam a problem if parked under the sun?
OK Did some research and I don't want to risk it as the temperature here is around 40+ and can get even hotter inside the car.

I am in the market for a dual dashcam with a supercapacitor for my Carens. Not looking at hardwiring options. Quality should be decent to read number plates.

Currently shortlisted these
1) Vantrue E2 - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CRYWLNHJ/
2) REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B098WVKF19
3) DDPAI N5 Dual 4K - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CD3YCJCS

Are there other models that can be considered? Any feedback on the above 3? My max budget is 20k.

Also, what are the accessories to be considered (memory card, any filters, etc??
Old 7th April 2024, 09:37   #5174
BHPian

Looking for dual dashcam for my WRV. My requirements are as below. Please suggest some good cams. Will DDpai N5 dual satisfy the below.
  • Discreet front and rear cam
  • Should be detachable as I park in the open with summer already scorching
  • Can I purchase just front cam now and later add a 2nd rear cam? what are the disadvantages to this?
Old 7th April 2024, 10:03   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
[*]Can I purchase just front cam now and later add a 2nd rear cam? what are the disadvantages to this?[/list]
You can simply purchase a dual-channel setup now and use the second rear camera whenever you need it. This way, the price will be cheaper than buying a second one separately, and there's no need to worry about compatibility. Additionally, you can use a single power source. If the second rear camera is a separate unit, you might need to provide separate power later.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks