Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2024, 09:59   #5101
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a dual channel dashcam for my Jeep Meridian. I am a little confused in terms of brands/ models so would help if someone here can recommend suitable options. My requirements are

1. No screen/display dashcam : I would not like another screen hanging around the windscreen as it can cause distractions. I prefer a camera only installation.
2. Prefer OBD installation compared to usb slot so that parking monitoring is also available.

Also please recommend places where i can get it installed in Bengaluru.

Thanks in advance
Old 18th February 2024, 11:56   #5102
Senior - BHPian

Screen has never distracted me, and I wouldn't buy one without. At Koramangala signal I was wrongly stopped for a red light jumping, I immediately showed them that I was seeing green. That save paid back the gadget cost
Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
1. No screen/display dashcam : I would not like another screen hanging around the windscreen as it can cause distractions. I prefer a camera only installation.
2. Prefer OBD installation compared to usb slot so that parking monitoring is also available.
Old 19th February 2024, 21:27   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Screen has never distracted me, and I wouldn't buy one without. At Koramangala signal I was wrongly stopped for a red light jumping, I immediately showed them that I was seeing green. That save paid back the gadget cost
Wouldn’t the recording on phone suffice instead of having the screen to show?
Old 20th February 2024, 08:48   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
My requirements are

Also please recommend places where i can get it installed in Bengaluru.
These are two I'd suggest, with priority given to Viofo for the good after sales service they provide.

https://viofo.in/product/viofo-a139-...imx678-sensor/

https://www.iroad.co.in/product-page/iroad-dash-cam-qx2

I recall an accessories shop in Whitefield called The Drift, some of my colleagues had installed their dashcams there. But this shop only installs dashcams, they don't sell them. At least, as per my recollection.

Last edited by Small Bot : 20th February 2024 at 08:51. Reason: Spelling
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 11:53   #5105
Senior - BHPian

The problem I encountered was to first be on the same wifi, then download, then sift. Wasn't able to do this fast enough. maybe the new dashcam software has caught up, not sure
Quote:
Wouldn’t the recording on phone suffice instead of having the screen to show?
Old 20th February 2024, 17:11   #5106
BHPian

Hello all,
I already have DDPAIs Mola N3 with GPS as a front dash cam for my Ecosport. This is hardwired but usually I just remove the USB while not driving to save battery.
Now, I'm looking for tiny rear cam, which can work independently of front dash cam and can be USB powered from the rear cigarette socket.
I was thinking to install action cam but I learned they have their own issues of heating up.
Anyone used or know if I can fit front dashcam or an action cam as a rear cam?
Old 20th February 2024, 18:39   #5107
BHPian

I bought a 70mai a500 pro plus dual channel dashcam 45 days back. Everything was going well. After parking the car in hot sun, car's interior temperature was 50°C in my recent trip. While restarting the car, the dashcam entered a bootloop (continuous start, switching off in a few seconds, restart loop). It took 30 minutes of cooling the cabin and then dashcam started to function.
This Amazon review video demonstrates the issue:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/review/B...language=en_US

This reddit thread discusses the issue but the problem identified was with SD card.

In my case, this issue persists only when the cabin temperature is high. While I have a closed car parking at home and work, it is not possible not to park under hot sun while on trips.

I am disappointed that this product is not built well for day to day use in hot Indian climate.

Does anyone else face this issue? Is there any solution except about parking in the shade and cooling the car faster?

(I have not hardwired it. Just connected to USB port.)

Last edited by Arwin07 : 20th February 2024 at 18:41.
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:13   #5108
BHPian

Chennai BHPians...
Can you please suggest a good accessory shop where I can get a dual channel dashcam installed?
I enquired at Kalyani Car Jewels on Arcot Road, but they insist it to be purchased from them.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:16   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Chennai BHPians...
Can you please suggest a good accessory shop where I can get a dual channel dashcam installed?
I enquired at Kalyani Car Jewels on Arcot Road, but they insist it to be purchased from them.
I installed from a neighborhood accessory shop in Medavakkam. They did a neat job and charged Rs.500. I had bought the dual channel dashcam from Amazon. They didn't mind.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zGHPM9pEv3J54DCh8
Arwin07 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:19   #5110

i am using 70mai A400 on my car. very easy to install and setup. i ordered two more of the same for my other cars also. a dash cam is a must have on every car.
freelancer6202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:53   #5111
BHPian

I have recently installed Qubo dashcarm Pro 3K ( Front+Rear ).
I can see the rear view in the dashcam screen. But can't see the rear video recording in Qubo App. Any qubo users can suggest how can I see rear camera recordings.
All the trips are showing only Front cam recordings.
Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:20   #5112
BHPian

Looks like dashcam hardwire kits are coming with OBD2 power source option now.

https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...ng-kit-aceplus

While I do not want parking surveillance, OBD2 as a source makes sense as it is not a grey area with warranty by using fuse taps, and the installation would be cleaner, with the added advantage of 12v socket being free.

The 12v plugs become loose over time, and I am tired of hearing random chimes of "Hello DingDingPai" while driving.

Anyone has used these yet - and have feedback?
Old 23rd February 2024, 22:19   #5113

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Looks like dashcam hardwire kits are coming with OBD2 power source option now.

https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...ng-kit-aceplus

While I do not want parking surveillance, OBD2 as a source makes sense as it is not a grey area with warranty by using fuse taps, and the installation would be cleaner, with the added advantage of 12v socket being free.

The 12v plugs become loose over time, and I am tired of hearing random chimes of "Hello DingDingPai" while driving.

Anyone has used these yet - and have feedback?
I tried the OBD2 parking kit with my XUV700, unfortunately my camera didn't go into parking mode and was recording constantly in normal mode for about 6 hrs. I raised it with Nexdigitron and they accepted a return. The OBD2 parking mode kit is a hit or miss depending on make and model of the car. If it works for you, great product as you described.
manoj.elan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 21:02   #5114
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

Looking for some inputs on a dual channel dashcam for my wife’s 2024 Nexon.

I had purchased 2 dashcams earlier from nexdigitron. One was a DDPAI Z50 4k dashcam, have been using this for about 8 months now. Had an issue with the front camera and nexdigitron replaced the device under warranty. The 2nd one was a 70mai A500s, which i had installed in my wife’s earlier car and that car has now been sold ( the buyer paid extra for the dashcam, i agreed since removing would have been a hassle and even for that the accessories shop would have charged me Rs.500).

With nexdigitron, the DDPAI Z50 is out of stock. The Z40 is available, it seems like a great deal at 9k, just that its 2k resolution and not 4k. However with the recent issue that i faced with this brand, i’m a bit apprehensive ( the error i had faced was some sensor issue, front camera stopped working intermittently). The only big advantage DDPAI has is the capacitor rather than a regular lithium battery. Not that we park in the sunlight too frequently, but there are seemingly more upsides to a capacitor than a lithium battery ( I havent really come across disadvantages of a capacitor).

So do i go with this DDPAI Z40? Or are there any other better options in this price band of 10-12k for a dual channel dashcam? Have any of you faced regular issues with DDPAI?

I’m also looking to either buy this from nexdigitron or a good local accessory shop. If i buy it off some random seller in amazon it becomes difficult to deal with issues later. At least with nexdigitron their customer care is decent.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 08:34   #5115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Can someone suggest if there’re any good dashcam installers in Bangalore around Manyata Tech Park or Hebbal or Yeshwanthpur or Yelahanka?
Were you able to find any good installer in North Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks