Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 19:20   #5086
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Anyone installed dual channel dashcam in a sedan?
Considering the steeper rear windshield in sedans compared hatch and SUVs, does the rear camera have enough degree of movement to point at the correct direction after being stuck to the glass?
You can mount the rear camera externally around the number plate to get around any issues.

To your specific question, I have a dual channel mirror dashcam installed on my Honda City. The rear camera is on the wind shield. It works fine for normal recording.
But gets problematic while reversing the car. It starts taking a more wide-view leading to part of boot obstructing the view. You will miss any low height objects while reversing due to this.

Last edited by warrioraks : 1st February 2024 at 19:22.
Old 5th February 2024, 08:54   #5087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Appreciation post for Viofo customer care:

Who ever is manning the customer care whatsapp number needs to be given a raise for his/her efficiency.
I recently bought A229 Pro Dual Channel from them. The store and website is managed by their distributor in Surat. I got in touch with Mr. Vijay who runs it and he was super-helpful and patient with all the queries.

The unit was shipped by Blue Dart and reached the very next day.

I then wanted to shift the existing A139 to another car and asked him if he can only arrange the rear cam and a fresh sticker for the front unit and he did that too and the price was very reasonable.

Absolutely the best sales and support experience.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 12:58   #5088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Over the phone and subsequent video call, solved the concern, guided me through the installation and app connectivity procedure and was in touch with me till I practically told her all is working fine.
Would you be able to share what had to be done additionally/differently from your initial DIY initial installation to make the device work?

I'm looking to do a couple of setups for the senior citizens in my family, and would need to be the Tech Support for them, so was curious!
Old 10th February 2024, 23:31   #5089
BHPian

My Wolfbox dashcam is performing extremely well. A definite value for money. Also, their customer support is extremely good. I had some issues where recording got stopped abruptly. I reached out to customer support, and they immediately sent an updated firmware along with installation instructions. They were very supportive and kept following up until the issue was resolved.
I experienced glare in the front and rear cameras. They sent a CPL filter for the front and a WDR camera for the rear to sort out the glare issues. All of this was done free of cost.
Old 13th February 2024, 10:37   #5090
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a Dash Cam for my BMW X3. BMW's Advanced Car Eye dash cam's are expensive and reviews are not that great.

After spending an hour on Google, I came across FITCAMX Dash Cam.

Anyone using this already? Is it worth?
Old 13th February 2024, 13:23   #5091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looking for a Dash Cam for my BMW X3. BMW's Advanced Car Eye dash cam's are expensive and reviews are not that great.

If you are looking for the best available in India - https://viofo.in/product/viofo-a229-...terior-camera/

You can also have the 2 channel or 1 channel version for even lower prices depending on your need
ssateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 20:26   #5092
BHPian

Quote:

Don't mess your car's electronics for a brand which you haven't heard of. Get something reliable and tested which has been in market for quite some time.
Old 14th February 2024, 10:32   #5093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Don't mess your car's electronics for a brand which you haven't heard of. Get something reliable and tested which has been in market for quite some time.
What way would any dashcam meddle with the electronics of any car? All it takes is power from the cigarette lighter socket.

As much as you are right about going for reliable/tested stuff. Some new stuff is also worth exploring, particularly if they don't seem tacky/cheap/suspicious etc.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 15:20   #5094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
What way would any dashcam meddle with the electronics of any car? All it takes is power from the cigarette lighter socket.

As much as you are right about going for reliable/tested stuff. Some new stuff is also worth exploring, particularly if they don't seem tacky/cheap/suspicious etc.
It's your choice buddy, but from my personal experience a simple weak, almost dead battery took my steering control buttons along with it. I've heard quite a few who got failed ABS sensors due to it.

Another instance I've heard, simple tyre inflator took whole wiring down and it was plugged in to cigaratte lighter socket. If you google it, you'll find ample cases like these.

Well, I am not one of the few who could be beta testers.
To each his own!
Old 14th February 2024, 15:53   #5095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
It's your choice buddy, but from my personal experience a simple weak, almost dead battery took my steering control buttons along with it. I've heard quite a few who got failed ABS sensors due to it.

Another instance I've heard, simple tyre inflator took whole wiring down and it was plugged in to cigaratte lighter socket. If you google it, you'll find ample cases like these.

Well, I am not one of the few who could be beta testers.
To each his own!
Of course sir there could be many issues to mess with stuff but we only know one side of the story.

Something may not have been done right.

In your example: a simple tyre inflator if used without turning the engine on could drain a battery.

So as you put it -- To each his Own!
Old 15th February 2024, 08:53   #5096
HTC
BHPian

Hello all, any affordable dual channel dashcam suggestion for Jimny?

Since the windshield is vertical, I'm not sure which models fit properly.
Old 15th February 2024, 12:46   #5097
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest Wolfbox for you. The brand though not very popular in India has got great reviews on Amazon USA. I have bought 2 units of Wolfbox G840S. Get these. You will definitely not be disappointed.
jna4cob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 13:34   #5098
BANNED

Hi All,

Need help.

I am looking for an good reliable installer reference in NCR ( Noida Preferred), who can complete the dual dash cam setup. we have a Thar, Amaze and XL6 in the group. Appreciate any help /reference in Delhi / Noida.

Regards
Sushil

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 15th February 2024 at 13:36.
Old 15th February 2024, 14:41   #5099
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here using GoPro as a Dashcam.

I have one and have configured the same for looping, but the device is heating up a lot.

Any solution for this.

P.S. - This is a Hero 9.
Old 16th February 2024, 14:05   #5100
BHPian

I have purchased Wolfbox G900 (Capacitor type, dual Channel) Mirror Dashcam for my new XUV700. Vendor has also sent Multifuse hardwiring kit which he says is compatible with Mahindra vehicle.

I am planning to get this installed during my 1st service at SVC. Any suggestion whether I should explore with SVC to get connected to fuse without losing warranty or connect to 12V port only which is at the vehicle rear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks