Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 15:40   #5071
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks for sharing, please let me know your experience once you have used it for a month or so.

Also, did you consider any alternative options?
Update: Been using this for a bit, and it does the job. Recorded even when the car was parked until the auto cut-off kicked in. Set my cut-off at 12.4V; my battery tested good at 12.69V in the recent service. Thinking of tweaking the cut-off value for more parking time, but not sure how low I can go without risking a dead battery the next day. Any suggestions for a good cut-off value for VW cars? Ready to give it a shot!

I did not consider any other options.
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:37   #5072
BHPian

MY EXPERIENCE WITH QUBO SMART DASHCAM PRO GPS

PATHETIC - If I could use just one word to describe the experience

I needed a budget friendly dashcam and fell for Qubo, keeping in mind it being a HERO brand. Ordered it through Amazon and was happy when it was delivered on 1st Jan 2024. Installing it on my Comet (fondly called Puchku) was easy peesy as the IRVM has a dedicated socket for dashcam power source. Downloading the app was easy, installing and firing it up was super smooth. Along with it, I picked up a 256 EVO Plus Samgsung micro memory card. All working well. Hardly 10 kms into my drive with the dashcam, got a voice message - 'GPS signal lost' - once I reached home and started seeing the footage, i discovered the longitute / latitude / elevation / speed was not showing from the point where the GPS lost signal. I tried all possible permutations combination which included switching off the device / uninstalling and installing the app, rebooting the device so on and so forth, unfortunately could not connect the GPS.

On 2nd Jan - I called their call center, explained my concern, they told me to do, whatever I had already done, they had no solution and told me a technical team shall get back to me. No one called. They very graciously raised a ticket and within 24 hours CLOSED the ticket which mentioned 'issue resolved' (all this on my registered email address).

On 3rd Jan - Called their call center, the gentleman who pick up the call told me Qubo Smart Dashcam PRO GPS does not come equipped with longitude / latitude / elevation and speed - I thanked him for his prompt response, knowing fully well he did not know his left leg from his right - there being no point talking to him further. Promptly a ticket was raised and closed 'issue resolved'.

Since the call center angle did not seem to be working, I dropped an email on their helpdesk. I got a prompt reply stating they wanted me to mail the footage with the L / L / E and Speed being displayed, which I did promptly. They also requested a pic of the micro memory card which I did. Again a ticket raised and promptly close stating the same reason!!

I then dropped a mail for them to replace the unit. Another ticket raised and promptly closed!!

The next day, I got a mail stating they have dispatched a new unit through Speed Rocket courier and mentioned the AWB No. I tried to track it, with no avail. The next day, I receive a mail that due to unavailability, it shall take 15 to 20 days for the device to be dispatched. I really wonder how come they gave a AWB number when the packet was not even dispatched!!!

After repeated emails, the same story happening again and again, one fine sunny morning I get a call from a person who claimed to have come to take a 'returns' courier. I told him I had no intimation of the return. The next day, on checking my mail, I came to know, Shiprocket had deputed a return courier of which I had no prior information.

A day later, again I received a call, for 'return courier', I removed the dashcam from my car and handed it over to him but insured I took his pic with the dashcam and also the packet into which he put it into (also a pic of the packet bar code).

In one of my mails to the helpdesk, I had requested them to depute a person to install the dashcam (hardly any effort required there as it just had to be powered from the IRVM), I was more interested in the technician to install the app and show me that the L / L / E and speed were actually working.

Two days later the new device was delivered. I wrote to the helpdesk, I shall not open the package, which shall be done by the technician. Each and every mail, promptly a ticket was raised and equally promptly closed citing the same reason.

Yesterday, I got a mail from them asking me to make a payment for deputing a technician - this really got me angry / upset and irritated. I immediate wrote back - kindly arrange to take back the device and refund my payment to which their reply was as below

Dear Mr. Sunil Banerjee,

We appreciate your reaching out to Qubo Support. We understand your concern related to Installation of the Dashcam and assure you that we are committed to assisting you with this matter.

We understand your disappointment and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please look at this experience of yours in isolation and do not consider it as the standard of service we render to our valuable customers like you.

We would like to inform you that we have already sent you the payment link for the Installation. We would request you to please pay the charges of Rs.1050/- for installation. We have again sent you the link which will be valid for one hour.

Once the payment done, please share the screenshot.

Also, we are unable to proceed with refund as per the Company policy. Furthermore, your future reference Ticket ID is 451126. Hence, closing the duplicate Ticket ID- 467321.

Should you require additional support, please reply on this email.

Regards,
Qubo Support.

Keeping all that I have gone through, I am completely p***ed of with Qubo a so called brand of Hero Group. I am stuck with a sealed package which I cannot return!!

Experts please advice please
ALTIMAed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 16:00   #5073

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
Live view on the app can show front / rear or combined views from the camera(s).
Hello, By Live view- do you mean you can access live footage from your mobile even when you are away? Can you please elaborate what is this feature called & how does it work- in the sense, is there is sim in the dash cam?
Old 28th January 2024, 19:16   #5074

Hi,
I recently purchased a z40 Dual Dashcam and hard wired it to my xuv300. The battery is relatively new 1.5 years old. I returned from a week long vacation to see my car battery has drained.
Was i suppose to unplug the camera if i am not using the car for this long? Or are there any settings to the camera that i must change to not incur this incident in future?
Old 29th January 2024, 10:51   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Can someone suggest good dashcam for KIA Seltos? Also any good dashcam installers in western Mumbai would help.

Thanks in advance.
My colleague bought a Kia Seltos GTX plus D AT.

I ordered an A229 plus from Viofo . Not Hardwired. Works like a charm.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 11:22   #5076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Or are there any settings to the camera that i must change to not incur this incident in future?
You should set the cut-off battery voltage for dashcam to switch off in the settings.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 12:14   #5077

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
My colleague bought a Kia Seltos GTX plus D AT.

I ordered an A229 plus from Viofo . Not Hardwired. Works like a charm.
Any idea if this dashcam can send live footage to mobile when parked?

Last edited by sonulives : 29th January 2024 at 12:39. Reason: typo
Old 29th January 2024, 13:46   #5078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulives View Post
Any idea if this dashcam can send live footage to mobile when parked?
I use the same camera. You need to hardwire the cam but i don't think it can send in live footage to your phone if you are not near the camera/vehicle.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 10:53   #5079

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I use the same camera. You need to hardwire the cam but i don't think it can send in live footage to your phone if you are not near the camera/vehicle.
Another fellow BHPian has shared details of 2 such products from Kent & MapmyIndia (both around 25k), but their reviews are not too positive.
Old 30th January 2024, 17:17   #5080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
I have recently purchased a Scorpio-N and am considering a dashcam.

On the A-pillars, "Airbag" icon is there, so might be there is a curtain airbag in A-pillar, due to which I would not like the dealer to poke the A-pillar for routing the wire to the dashcam.

Query 1: Is there any dashcam which can be mounted/kept on the dashboard, rather than fixing on the windshield? I do not want the wire dangling from the windshield.
Requesting advice on the above query please.
Old 30th January 2024, 19:04   #5081

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Requesting advice on the above query please.
Hello Low Rider, I can see a few dashcams on Amazon that you maybe able to position on dashboard- but with custom stands. Could be with some trial & error.

On the other hand, the wires of a dashcam installed on windshield can be hidden in the gap between windshield and the ceiling mount. (As per a few DIY videos I saw on YouTube).
Old 31st January 2024, 14:18   #5082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulives View Post
Hello, By Live view- do you mean you can access live footage from your mobile even when you are away? Can you please elaborate what is this feature called & how does it work- in the sense, is there is sim in the dash cam?
The Dashcam does not have a dedicated display. So, here by live-view, I mean, using your mobile phone as a display when you're in the car. You can also use this view to adjust the camera angle slightly.

You need to be in the car, your mobile phone connected to the dashcam wifi access point, and then open Gaadicam app, it will show the live-view of the cameras. There is no remote access capability when you're away from the car.
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:06   #5083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
MY EXPERIENCE WITH QUBO SMART DASHCAM PRO GPS

PATHETIC -
Keeping all that I have gone through, I am completely p***ed of with Qubo a so called brand of Hero Group. I am stuck with a sealed package which I cannot return!!

Experts please advice please
I've had a Similar experience with QUBO support. Avoid QUBO & their products like plague. There is nothing "Indian" about the product except for the listless support (or lack of it)
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:49   #5084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I've had a Similar experience with QUBO support. Avoid QUBO & their products like plague. There is nothing "Indian" about the product except for the listless support (or lack of it)
Out of sheer frustration, I sent a message on LinkedIn to Mr. Nikhil Rajpal, Tech. Investor and Founder, CEO of Hero Electronix. He promptly replied (maybe he was browsing LinkedIn at that moment), that someone from his office shall get in touch with me. The very next day, at 9.30 AM, I got a call from their Product Technical Manager, who had gone through all my email correspondence and profusely apologized for the debacle. Over the phone and subsequent video call, solved the concern, guided me through the installation and app connectivity procedure and was in touch with me till I practically told her all is working fine. Subsequently, on LinkedIn I thanked Mr. Rajpal. Guess Hero Electronix customer care requires a kick 'at the right place', to make them act and react to customer concern.
ALTIMAed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 19:01   #5085
BHPian

Anyone installed dual channel dashcam in a sedan?
Considering the steeper rear windshield in sedans compared hatch and SUVs, does the rear camera have enough degree of movement to point at the correct direction after being stuck to the glass?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks