Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 11:52   #5056
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I have recently purchased a Scorpio-N and am considering a dashcam.

On the A-pillars, "Airbag" icon is there, so might be there is a curtain airbag in A-pillar, due to which I would not like the dealer to poke the A-pillar for routing the wire to the dashcam.

Query 1: Is there any dashcam which can be mounted/kept on the dashboard, rather than fixing on the windshield? I do not want the wire dangling from the windshield.

Query 2: How are QUBO dashcams ?
Old 18th January 2024, 12:19   #5057
BHPian

Hi, I purchased a dashcam from Tata Motors Dealer of Blaupunkt.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20240118_010000.pngWhich micro SD card between the two is recommended best for the dash cam?
Old 18th January 2024, 13:53   #5058

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Hi, I purchased a dashcam from Tata Motors Dealer of Blaupunkt.

[/ATTACH]Which micro SD card between the two is recommended best for the dash cam?
It's better to check with the manufacturer; this depends upon the Camera model. Usually Max Endurance or Extreme endurance cards would do.
Knox88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 17:08   #5059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
am i right in surmising that staria 2 or whatever, the night time number plate readability is a big gray area. I tried reading from a few instances in the videos posted but was unable to glean much. or is that a youtube compression issue?
asking because, if this is what it is, then can shift down to the 15k bracket to get a twin channel set up. kindly correct me if wrong
Old 18th January 2024, 18:59   #5060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
am i right in surmising that staria 2 or whatever, the night time number plate readability is a big gray area. I tried reading from a few instances in the videos posted but was unable to glean much. or is that a Youtube compression issue?
asking because, if this is what it is, then can shift down to the 15k bracket to get a twin channel set up. kindly correct me if wrong
It is better than everything else in the market. Numberplates can be read and are visible. A CPL filter has been sent out to experiment and fix the glare.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 21:20   #5061
BHPian

Quick question guys , I'm looking to pick the below 2 Dashcam's for 2 of my cars as the same seem to be the most preferred / recommended one's on the forum.

1. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam
2. DDPAI N1 Dual Channel Car Dash Camera

Just wanted to know if these can be switched or installed on other car (say when I get a new car and would like to retain the Dashcam). Asking this since the Dashcam has a sticker mounting and the maybe it wouldn't be possible to peel off without damage.

Also, is it advisable to get the CPL filter? Does it make a significant difference?

Kindly suggest.
Old 18th January 2024, 21:30   #5062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

Also, is it advisable to get the CPL filter? Does it make a significant difference?

Kindly suggest.
If you are experiencing glare from the dashboard then CPL filter is the way to go. I have 70mai dashcam installed in my Creta and due to the light colored dashboard panel and also I have an idol on dashboard, there is significant glare during sunny days. CPL filter reduced it quite a bit. During filter installation, you need to follow the instructions and find an optimal position (by rotating it over the lense before you push it in place).
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 05:05   #5063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawmUnkey View Post
However, I wondered why the inbuilt battery didn't kick in if there was a momentary power supply failure. It's supposed to work for a few minutes after the car is turned off. Maybe it is just the replacement battery being faulty. Maybe it doesn't function like a UPS. At this point, I've given up on finding a solution and am hesitant to replace the power supply and wiring to fix the reboots.
Turns out that the 70mai Hardwire Kit (Power supply) was at fault. I replaced the it with another which uses the OBD-II port to provide power to the dashcam. No more random reboots. IMO this is a much cleaner setup.

Product Link - Amazon.com

Last edited by Aditya : 19th January 2024 at 19:21. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 19th January 2024, 20:12   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2badri View Post
I am using a Qubo 4k dual channel dashcam.
I was planning to buy Qubo Pro 4K dashcam but could not get extensive feedback on the same. Possible for you to share your feedback on below points.
1. Night visibility of human faces & vehicle number plates
2. Is it battery based or Supercapacitor based
3. The suction mount is reliable? Or it keeps coming out on a hot day?
4. Overall performance - are you happy with the purchase and usability?
5. Any other thing you would like to share.
Old 19th January 2024, 20:50   #5065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Quick question guys , I'm looking to pick the below 2 Dashcam's for 2 of my cars as the same seem to be the most preferred / recommended one's on the forum.

1. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam
2. DDPAI N1 Dual Channel Car Dash Camera
Update: Went ahead with 70mai M300 DashCam instead of DDPAI as DDPAI had mixed reviews with regards to night video clarity and the app stability.

70mai M300 seemed to fair slightly better than DDPAI, though it's even priced 1.5k higher than DDPAI.

Having said that , some reviewers have mentioned that the 70mai M300 switches off randomly during usage. Is it true? Any users can confirm this please?

I have also picked up the Samsung EVO Plus 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 130MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter for both the cam.

I didn't pick the CPL filter yet. Just want to see how the cameras fair and if I really need one.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 19th January 2024 at 20:53.
Old 22nd January 2024, 01:51   #5066
BHPian

Can someone suggest if there’re any good dashcam installers in Bangalore around Manyata Tech Park or Hebbal or Yeshwanthpur or Yelahanka?
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:04   #5067
BANNED

Can someone suggest good dashcam for KIA Seltos? Also any good dashcam installers in western Mumbai would help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:15   #5068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post

Query 2: How are QUBO dashcams ?

I have been using QUBO from last 1 year and it serves the purpose. The quality is not that great but for the price it comes I feel it is value for money. If you can do with basic functionalities I think you can go for it.
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:57   #5069
BHPian

Appreciation post for Viofo customer care:

I recently bought a Viofo A229 Plus and the units were faulty out of the box. But i still kept them to test for a couple of days.

Took a couple of days to realise that the videos were choppy, jittery and unusable.

Raised a request on whatsapp with the Viofo customer care.

A new unit was shipped out within 6 hours of raising this request.

They did not have the 2 channel and hence sent out a 3 channel one and asked me to use the front and rear cam units from this pack.

I got the replacement in 3 days . Installed and used it for a couple of days to make sure everything was in order.

They arranged a reverse pick up of the faulty unit.

I didn't even have to write their address on the package .

One word of the entire process : Seamless.

Who ever is manning the customer care whatsapp number needs to be given a raise for his/her efficiency.

Last edited by callmeneo : 22nd January 2024 at 13:58.
callmeneo is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:33   #5070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Can someone suggest good dashcam for KIA Seltos?
Your answer is below. I am myself using Viofo A119s( in my new Seltos and old Hondas ) since past 3( or maybe 4 or 5) years in all 3 vehicles. They were purchased from aliexpress during their November sales every year when they were open for Indians to buy. The cars get sold/passed on, but the dashcam remain same. The only thing that need a change are the sd cards that get toasted in 2~3 years. One vehicle has the dashcam hardwired but the other 2 are connected to the usb port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Appreciation post for Viofo customer care:

I recently bought a Viofo A229 Plus and the units were faulty out of the box. But i still kept them to test for a couple of days.
Who ever is manning the customer care whatsapp number needs to be given a raise for his/her efficiency.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks