Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 20:20   #5026
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
I recently purchased MG ZS EV - any good technician who can install Dashcam in Bangalore ?
If you are near Whitefield, then you can get it done at The Drift Accessories shop near Palm Meadows, Varthur Road
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sH7KRoxqcDo3c9AR9
Old 4th January 2024, 21:46   #5027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
I recently purchased MG ZS EV - any good technician who can install Dashcam in Bangalore ?
Just ask in any car accessories shop near you. I purchased my dashcam on Amazon and got it installed at an accessories shop nearby in Whitefield, they charged Rs. 800 for both front & rear cam (The charges are primarily for routing the wires out of sight).
Old 4th January 2024, 22:20   #5028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Viofo A229 Plus Night Footage
Is this with HDR on or off? Front footage looks clearer. Not because of the headlights but the text like date and GPS coords is sharper. Can hardly see anything in the rear cam due to headlights of vehicles. Also if you are not using HDR then you can record at 60 FPS right? Have you tried that? I am contemplating getting the A229 plus for Starvis at both front snd rear and wondering if the Starvis at rear really makes much difference. If not I can use my DDPAI mini for rear and get A119 mini 2 for front at 13K.
Old 4th January 2024, 22:58   #5029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I bought the Nexdigitron Prime Dual Channel Camera from Amazon for 7999 on 1-Nov-2023.
rvlkiran,

Thanks so much for this detailed report. Much appreciated. I am looking for a dashcam for the exact same reason that you mentioned and I think this suits my budget and fulfills my requirements.

Much obliged,
Warm Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 09:41   #5030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Is this with HDR on or off? Front footage looks clearer. Not because of the headlights but the text like date and GPS coords is sharper. Can hardly see anything in the rear cam due to headlights of vehicles. Also if you are not using HDR then you can record at 60 FPS right? Have you tried that? I am contemplating getting the A229 plus for Starvis at both front snd rear and wondering if the Starvis at rear really makes much difference. If not I can use my DDPAI mini for rear and get A119 mini 2 for front at 13K.
I have no answers for any of your questions at the moment, but Viofo India shipped in their CPL filter for the rear FOC to help address the above issue. Their message includes:

Quote:
U can increase exposure of rear cam in app if it seems little darker after cpl
Yet to try the filter out lol.

Very impressed with Viofo Indias professional approach. I didn't have to follow up with them even once on this rear CPL business after raising the concern initially.

Honestly, I would just get the whole 229 plus unit and sell off the DDPAI mini cam to someone else.

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th January 2024 at 09:42.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:21   #5031

Hi

Any good technician in Mumbai (preferably near Andheri East, Powai) to get the dashcam installed?

Most of the accessories shops are selling dashcams at MRP or with marginal discounts. I wish to buy one online and then get it installed by a good technician.
Old 6th January 2024, 14:32   #5032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Yesterday I installed (totally DIY) a dashcam - Qubo Smart Dashcam PRO GPS in my MG Comet. Costed me Rs 5895 (Dash cam and a 256 GB Samsung micro sd card). Yet to give a full review as in the initial experience mode.
Thanks man, I will definitely look into your advise,
Old 6th January 2024, 18:02   #5033
BHPian

Quick question,

Got a car with an always-on 12V cigarette lighter plug, I don't want to hard wire the dash cam.

Has anyone used this device? https://www.amazon.in/RHUNDO-Discharge-Prevention-Hardwire-Alternative/dp/B0CJVNWBW5

Seems like a good option, can cut off power if the voltage drops beyond a point or after a specified time duration and fits into 12V cig lighter plug.

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2024, 19:07   #5034
BHPian

Unable to edit the previous post, so adding one more question.

About the installation and complexity of airbags (front & rear cams).

Based on some of the YouTube videos I have watched, seems like behind the airbag means, the technician will open up the panel and run the wires behind the airbag through already available channels.

I am concerned this is complex and if the technician makes a mistake, he/she could puncture the airbag and also possibly panel rattles from broken clips, etc, and warranty issues.

Anyone has done a simple channeling of wires through the weather strips (rubber beading) and below the carpets from the 12V plugs to the front and rear cams, please? (pictures and guidance on this would be really appreciated, thanks in advance).

Also any contact details of good technicians in Bangalore who could do this (including ones who come home to install)?

Mr. Vijay (viofo) provided some contacts, The Drift Varthur Road and Konark HSR are closer for me; anyone has used their services for installation? any indications of how much they charge, please?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:25   #5035
mxx
BHPian

Is there any real benefit of having dual cam dashcam instead of separate dashcams for front and rear (apart from benefit of single power source)
I was thinking of buying 2 separate cams because
1. My car has a separate power source in boot area
2. I dont want to interfere with side curtain airbags. I know there are installers who claim that they can install the wiring without affecting airbags but it is a claim that is not validated
3. While the back camera is intended for safety only, the front dashcam will also be used for cataloging my road trips. So, I want very high quality front dashcam with enough storage (i am guessing in dual cam setup the storage will be shared)

In this scenario is there any reason why a dual dashcam will have any advantage?
Old 6th January 2024, 22:34   #5036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Is there any real benefit of having dual cam dashcam instead of separate dashcams for front and rear (apart from benefit of single power source)
I was thinking of buying 2 separate cams because
1. My car has a separate power source in boot area
2. I dont want to interfere with side curtain airbags. I know there are installers who claim that they can install the wiring without affecting airbags but it is a claim that is not validated
3. While the back camera is intended for safety only, the front dashcam will also be used for cataloging my road trips. So, I want very high quality front dashcam with enough storage (i am guessing in dual cam setup the storage will be shared)

In this scenario is there any reason why a dual dashcam will have any advantage?
Couple of things to consider apart from the points you mentioned

-Status of rear power source. Does it stop power when car is switched off (like most of the front 12v ports do)? Otherwise you may have to think of a solution to protect battery drain.
- Is the wiring for rear cam to the rear port to your liking? Will it interfere with luggage?
- Cost wise the dual camera set up might work out cheaper and single app could be used for tracking and transferring files.

If these things are sorted and don't bother you then I guess there is no harm in going for a separate cam for rear.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th January 2024 at 22:49.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 22:39   #5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
Hi Team,

Anyone who can recommend decent shop who can fit the Dashcam (front and rear) in Thane (near Mumbai)?
Did you find any good shop in Thane? I am also looking for one to fix my Dashcam correctly (It was draining battery and so had to disconnect it)
Old 8th January 2024, 10:58   #5038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaItachi View Post
Hi

Any good technician in Mumbai (preferably near Andheri East, Powai) to get the dashcam installed?
Hi
Were you able to find a technician for fitting the dashcam? I want to get mine installed also.

Regards
Eragon92
Old 8th January 2024, 15:02   #5039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Quick question,

Got a car with an always-on 12V cigarette lighter plug, I don't want to hard wire the dash cam.

Has anyone used this device? https://www.amazon.in/RHUNDO-Discharge-Prevention-Hardwire-Alternative/dp/B0CJVNWBW5

Seems like a good option, can cut off power if the voltage drops beyond a point or after a specified time duration and fits into 12V cig lighter plug.

Thanks.
Using/testing this right now. The build quality is not great when compared with my old Duracell one. Very light weight. Does what it says, but I have seen it to be a little finicky, and get disconnected as well. Will need a couple of more drives to fully make sense. You can however set the functions upto to auto cut off the power based on either voltage or time. I have a combination of both running.
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 14:38   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Using/testing this right now. The build quality is not great when compared with my old Duracell one. Very light weight. Does what it says, but I have seen it to be a little finicky, and get disconnected as well. Will need a couple of more drives to fully make sense. You can however set the functions upto to auto cut off the power based on either voltage or time. I have a combination of both running.
Thanks for sharing, please let me know your experience once you have used it for a month or so.

Also, did you consider any alternative options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks