Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 18:12   #5011
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I have 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S front cam. Looking to install compatible rear cam but not able to find online. I only see option of bundle option of front + rear.

Has anyone able to find and add a compatible rear cam?
Old 30th December 2023, 15:16   #5012
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good dash cam under 5k.
Old 31st December 2023, 15:07   #5013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
Suggest to go through this website. There are few options on Amazon as well. Then there are brands like Qubo, Woodman etc which do fall in your budget.

https://www.nexdigitron.com/
Old 1st January 2024, 14:36   #5014
BHPian

Thanks a lot. Also if you can suggest any one or two dashcams within 5k which will help me in purchasing one.

Thanks.
Old 1st January 2024, 15:18   #5015
BANNED

Is the RedTiger F5 dash cam available at Amazon under 3k comes with super capacitor?
Old 1st January 2024, 18:00   #5016
ved

I recently purchased MG ZS EV - any good technician who can install Dashcam in Bangalore ?
Old 1st January 2024, 20:50   #5017
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Wishing One & All a Happy New Year.

I am thinking of fitting a dual dashcam in my car. Budget is upto 10k. There is a Nexdigitron Prime Dual Channel Camera on special offer at Rs.8499.00. It has a 2K front camera and full HD rear camera. It has a super Capacitor. It has GPS Logging, G Sensor, WiFi and Optional Parking Mode.
It is "Made in India" so I guess there should be decent ASS.
Does anyone have any experience with this camera and if so, any feedback would be much appreciated.
N.B. Additional CPL and OBD Connector can be purchased from the Company.

Many Thanks & Regards,
SS
Old 3rd January 2024, 08:51   #5018
Senior - BHPian

Is there no cure for the DDPai software disaster?

Am shocked how their iOS app made it to the App store. Their iOS app is worser than the Android, and rightfully rated 1.x star in the Apple Store.
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:10   #5019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S front cam. Looking to install compatible rear cam but not able to find online. I only see option of bundle option of front + rear.

Has anyone able to find and add a compatible rear cam?
I contacted the customer care of Nexdigitron and they pointed me to this compatible rear cam

https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti.../products/rc06

Got it affixed by a nearby car accessories shop who did a neat job tucking in wires and connected to the front cam. I am using 12 v socket for the front cam and don't plan to hardwire it yet. Satisfied with the video quality so far. Will report once I get to use it more.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd January 2024 at 12:24.
Old 4th January 2024, 12:55   #5020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
If you want, I can DM you the number and you can have a word with him.
Hi Alok
Could you please share installation guy's contact details. I have got a VIOFO A229 plus dash cam and want to get it installed in my New Seltos.

Regards
Eragon92
Old 4th January 2024, 13:45   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Nexdigitron Prime Dual Channel Camera

Does anyone have any experience with this camera and if so, any feedback would be much appreciated.
I bought the Nexdigitron Prime Dual Channel Camera from Amazon for 7999 on 1-Nov-2023. My review on Amazon was rejected citing community guidelines (not sure which exact point was violating it, perhaps mentioning of the price), then it's still kept on hold and not published after slight edit removing pricing information. So let me try to provide my review (I rate it as 3* out of 5) here:

As per manufacturer description on Amazon, this product can only be installed on windshields that are angled slightly. They can't be installed on vehicles like Thar with a more vertically angled windshield.

The front camera looks really slim and sleek. On my Hyundai Alcazar, it was fixed behind the rear-view mirror, facing the front windshield and when driving, it doesn't obstruct my driving view at all. The rear camera is very small and can be tolerated in the rear-view mirror.

I bought manufacturer suggested Samsung EVO Plus 128 GB (U3/V30 rated). I got the cameras installed from a local car accessory dealer for Rs. 800. They did a neat job of concealing the wiring.

The video quality is decent. However, I had a major issue with dashboard reflection. Any shiny item or prominent texture on the dashboard is bound to be seen in the video. My Alcazar has a Bose speaker in the middle of the dashboard, and that started reflecting very badly in the video. So I went ahead and bought the CPL filter for Rs. 999, and that reduced the reflection to a major extent. I can still see about 10% reflection if I look closely, but it's manageable.

I skipped the parking OBD-2 power adapter, as I did not feel the need for parking monitoring.

The recording starts after 10 seconds when the car cigarette lighter socket is powered on. There is a voice announcement that confirms recording has started. The recording is reliable. The Gaadicam app (companion app to be used) is quite simple to use. You can turn cabin voice recording on / off, or change the recording duration from 1 minute (default) to 3 minutes. Those are the only control options available, apart from the viewing / downloading. The recorded files are generated for front & rear cameras separately in the specified duration (1 minute or 3 minutes). Live view on the app can show front / rear or combined views from the camera(s). The download on WiFi is extremely slow (1 minute clip takes 30 seconds to download). For bulk copy, removing the SD card and copying it directly to phone / laptop may be preferred.

Overall it's a budget dual camera and the quality is according to that. My requirement is just to have some footage from both front & rear in case of any road rage incident or an accident and that is met by this dual dashcam.

Here are some pictures (Apologies for the picture quality / it was a rainy day):

1. Front camera installed behind the rear-view mirror:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20231104_161314.jpg

2. Front camera view from outside:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20231104_161228.jpg

3. Rear camera visible at the back (Top/Middle):
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20231104_161352.jpg

4. Front Dashboard of Alcazar with a prominent speaker grille:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20231104_161147.jpg

5. Front camera view (No CPL) with full reflection of the front speaker grille:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20231104161104779_com.nex.gaadicam.jpg

6. Front camera view after attaching the CPL filter (Reflection is 90% eliminated):
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20231106180319919_com.nex.gaadicam.jpg

7. Combined view with both Front (with CPL) & Rear cameras:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20231106180552195_com.nex.gaadicam.jpg

Last edited by rvlkiran : 4th January 2024 at 13:51. Reason: Typo
rvlkiran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 13:55   #5022
BHPian

Can someone help me with a good plug and play dash cam? I occasionally take out few of my cars and was thinking to get a dashcam with a suction mount that can be installed in the car just before taking it out.
TIA
Old 4th January 2024, 16:38   #5023
BHPian

I have been using DDPai mini for a few years now. I am now planning to update to a 2CH dashcam with GPS which can record speed and location on the video itself. How difficult can it be right? Heck, if only life was so easy.
So I figured out following things are important
- Dual channel
- Sony Stavis sensor (2 is better than 1)
- Supercapacitor based
- HDR

I had almost finalised 70MAI A810 but then found out it's battery based. My car is parked in sun and it gets pretty hot. Liked Regtiger 7FN. but not sure if it has HDR. I am not too fussed about 4K. Higher FPS is more important than higher resolution as I understand. Also Redtiger has a cigarette lighter type connector which in my compass is behind the center console near the floor. I am concerned if the cable will reach there.

I have used a Viofo many years ago. It died after a few years. Also don't want to spend 30K+ on dashcam. I am comfortable under 15K.

Any suggestions folks?
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 17:47   #5024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
Yesterday I installed (totally DIY) a dashcam - Qubo Smart Dashcam PRO GPS in my MG Comet. Costed me Rs 5895 (Dash cam and a 256 GB Samsung micro sd card). Yet to give a full review as in the initial experience mode.
Old 4th January 2024, 17:52   #5025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
I recently purchased MG ZS EV - any good technician who can install Dashcam in Bangalore ?
You might need a technician if you have purchased a dashcam with front and rear camera. In case of only front, camera, you could easily do it DIY as the IRVM has a USB port to power your dashcam. A really nifty feature.
ALTIMAed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks