Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2023, 22:19   #4981
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Picked up the VANTRUE 4K dual for a ridiculously low Black Friday price overseas. Packed like an Apple product (Very impressive).

Enclosing a review video.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_3676.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st December 2023 at 08:28. Reason: Picture inserted in-line. Spacing.
Sebring is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 23:59   #4982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
If i get it done from a local installer, I am a bit concerned on how the cables will be routed for rear camera installation around the curtain airbags.

Don’t want to install the camera at the risk of damaging the airbags during installation.

Has someone with the Verna having side curtain airbags installed the dash cam? Hope have the cables been routed?

Regards,
I have done the same in my Slavia recently. The guy was suggested by Vijay bhai from Viofo itself. He works out of Navi Mumbai and stays in mankhurd. He did a door step installation and charged me 1500 rs. I found it on the higher side. But he did a fantastic job and I was observing his work throughout the time of 45 mins he took to install the 2 channel dashcam. He routed it behind the airbags. I was happy with his work.

If you want, I can DM you the number and you can have a word with him.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 06:51   #4983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
If you want, I can DM you the number and you can have a word with him.
I would really appreciate that. Thank you.

Regard,
Gautam
Old 28th November 2023, 10:09   #4984
BHPian

Hello guys

I am looking fot a budget dashcam. Confused between 70MAI M300 vs Redtiger F3 vs DDPAI Mini Pro?

Plesse suggest better one among these or any other option in same range. Thanks !!

Last edited by Alphaseal6 : 28th November 2023 at 10:28.
Old 3rd December 2023, 23:22   #4985

Hello,

I am looking for a suitable dashcam for my new XL6. Whilst many good options have already been discussed in great detail in this thread, I am concerned about voiding my warranty using non-msga product. To that end, I searched for msga dashcams and found two products in their website with part nos. 990J0M999DV-010 and 990J0M59ZDV-010 with MRP 4990 and 15820 respectively. I could physically check neither of them as the showroom (I spoke with) did not have it in their shelf at the time.

The 59ZDV model (Rs 15820) had apparently both front and back camera, is compatible with Invicto, but is compatible with Ertiga and XL6 as well, I was told. However, I could not take feedback from owners (who had this fitted) as the accessory manager never reverted with their contact (he initially said he would). Since these are MSGA, warranty issues will not be there I presume.

Does anyone have any experience with these models? I eagerly await any guidance/feedback on this. TIA
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-msga-dashcam.jpg  

Old 4th December 2023, 08:54   #4986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogai View Post
Hello,

I am looking for a suitable dashcam for my new XL6. Whilst many good options have already been discussed in great detail in this thread, I am concerned about voiding my warranty using non-msga product. . TIA
There is nothing that can void the warranty of the car as long as you connect the dash cam to the cig lighter port which is what 95% of us have done. It is akin to then saying that the warranty is void because I used the lighter port to charge my phone!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 09:11   #4987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
I am looking fot a budget dashcam.
In case if it helps, I went for Nexdigitron base model. Completely satisfied with the product, fitment and the output.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 09:59   #4988
BHPian

Quote:

I am looking for a suitable dashcam for my new XL6. Whilst many good options have already been discussed in great detail in this thread, I am concerned about voiding my warranty using non-msga product.
There shouldn't be any warranty issue of using any other dashcam, provided you don't violate any warranty clauses like slicing of wires etc. For that reason if you are planning to power it from 12V socket, I would suggest going with any other viable brands and models that has been proven.

Quote:

The 59ZDV model (Rs 15820) had apparently both front and back camera, is compatible with Invicto, but is compatible with Ertiga and XL6 as well, I was told.
Again, there is no such major compatibility issues with most dashcams, that we should be worried about. Finding a reliable one, having decent user feedback reviews matching your budget and your specific requirements are the main aspects to look at.

One of my friend recently went for a DDPAI Z50 Dual Channel 4K GPS Dashcam. Link

Do check it out, its cheaper than 59ZDV option you are considering.

Cheers,
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 09:59   #4989
Distinguished - BHPian

Viofo A229 Plus Night Footage

Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 20:21   #4990
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys any user reviews of the Red Tiger cams here? I was considering the F17 model.
Old 7th December 2023, 12:16   #4991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Could it be due to memory card gone bad. Try using another card and check.
I connected with Nexdigitron's customer care. They arranged the unit to be picked up from my residence. The unit was found to be faulty and they replaced the dashcam.
amitnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 12:00   #4992

TFTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
...as long as you connect the dash cam to the cig lighter port which is what 95% of us have done...
Very true; but then we will have to forego the parking monitor facility I believe. Or is there a way to do both - powering from cig port with parking monitor facility intact?
Old 9th December 2023, 12:20   #4993

TFTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post

One of my friend recently went for a DDPAI Z50 Dual Channel 4K GPS Dashcam. Link

Do check it out, its cheaper than 59ZDV option you are considering.

Cheers,
narayanang76
Thanks, it is indeed a much better option. I really want a way to hardwire it though without warranty issues as that would enable full functionality.

I'm planning to write to Maruti and check out their MSGA product physically before making a decision.

I'll update the forum for what it is worth :-)

PS: I also spoke with an accessory dealer here in Kochi (came recommended) who offered to hardwire 70mai A5000S for 16.5k, cost of installation and datacard included. He said "Maruti, unlike VW or Skoda etc., owing to their sheer volume of sales, does not really care about small modifications as long you don't do anything major." I did see the logic, but was not willing to risk it though, so I did not go with him.
Old 9th December 2023, 20:13   #4994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TFTR

Very true; but then we will have to forego the parking monitor facility I believe. Or is there a way to do both - powering from cig port with parking monitor facility intact?
Even if you have the parking monitor enabled, it will simply be drinking your battery when your car is parked. Why would you want this especially if you park at home 12 hours a day?
Old 9th December 2023, 20:50   #4995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Even if you have the parking monitor enabled, it will simply be drinking your battery when your car is parked. Why would you want this especially if you park at home 12 hours a day?
If hardwired then the parking surveillance does not drain the battery. It shuts off when battery goes below a threshold. That's why it is not recommend to use 12V cig lighter port during parking (if the port stays on when engine is off).
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed