Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2023, 13:34   #4906
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have decided to get A229 plus because of the Sony Stravis 2 sensors for both front and rear cameras which costs around $237 along with CPL filter and Hardwire kit.
Yes, even I decided on the same. Except, it is simply not in stock in India. What is the point in making all the noise about a new product, and then not have in stock for weeks together. Now I am looking at other alternatives.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 14:50   #4907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yes, even I decided on the same. Except, it is simply not in stock in India. What is the point in making all the noise about a new product, and then not have in stock for weeks together. Now I am looking at other alternatives.
Viofo India support on WhatsApp to check when they will get stock: +91 81604 46485

Very responsive.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 17:05   #4908
BHPian

Does anyone have any opinions on the Wolfbox i05? Amazon link for reference

I'm looking for a dual channel dashcam to install on my incoming Seltos. Primary requirement is a compact sized unit, preferably without a screen as there's enough of those on the car already. I couldn't see any reference to this particular model on this forum but from the Amazon listing, this one seems to be small enough to hide behind the IRVM and out of my view.

Any recommendations for other similar offerings in the sub-₹20k range?
Old 28th October 2023, 18:26   #4909
BHPian

I see so many dual cam setups with the rear linked to the front for power and recording, which involves drawing a cable a long distance.

Any downside of installing a separate rear dashcam powered off the 12v socket in the boot?
Old 28th October 2023, 19:03   #4910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
I see so many dual cam setups with the rear linked to the front for power and recording, which involves drawing a cable a long distance.

Any downside of installing a separate rear dashcam powered off the 12v socket in the boot?
You can setup a separate rear cam if you like. Downside is that you need to track 2 cams separately. Cost wise too it might be little expensive than a dual cam set up.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 19:28   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You can setup a separate rear cam if you like. Downside is that you need to track 2 cams separately. Cost wise too it might be little expensive than a dual cam set up.
Thanks.

Any recommendations for a minisd card reader for a mobile phone if I use a dashcam without wifi, so that I can show the footage to cops if required?

How do people show footage if it's a dashcam without wifi, and you need to show the footage while out on the road?
Old 29th October 2023, 19:55   #4912
Senior - BHPian

I have got the rates for Wolfbox i05 and D07 as Rs. 13800/- and Rs. 14300/- respectively including hardware kit from Saksham Anand. He is not offering any discount on this rate. I have finalised D07 as the difference between i05 and D07 is just 500 rupees only but the Front Camera of D07 is detachable from the mount.

What rate have fellow-bhpians got for the above Dashcams?

He further told me he is getting orders for 2-3 Dashcams daily.
Old 31st October 2023, 18:23   #4913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
He further told me he is getting orders for 2-3 Dashcams daily.
One of those is from me. I reached out to him a couple days ago and he quoted 13.5k for the i05 with hardwire kit included. Didn't care to bargain as it's a decent enough deal considering my budget and the fact that it was priced at 13.5k on Amazon without the hardwire kit which was ~3.5k additional.

Product shipped the same day and delivered the next.
Old 1st November 2023, 14:04   #4914
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPians,

Pls help with my query. I am looking for a dashcam with following requirements.

1. Front & Rear set cameras
2. Parking mode, G-Sensor - I believe these features help me if there is any movement near the car or any mild collision.
3. Instant access clip on phone

My car's rear bumper is often slammed by the persons who close the main gate in our apartment. People who often take their car, bike, corporation waste management workers.
My rear head light got broke couple of times as well. Also the front for light area was broken in phoenix mall during the weekend visits. Hence the features mentioned in "Point 2" above.

Looking forward to your suggestion.

Regards
Shiva
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:14   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv4747 View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,
Pls help with my query. I am looking for a dashcam with following requirements.

1. Front & Rear set cameras
2. Parking mode, G-Sensor - I believe these features help me if there is any movement near the car or any mild collision.
3. Instant access clip on phone
You can opt for 70mai A 400, A500 or A800 series dashcams. They are relatively easier to install and operate plus the wifi connectivity to the 70mai app is good for quick access on phone. A500 & A800 series come with the CPL filter for glare reduction.

For Parking mode you will need to hardwire the dashcam, hence better to check with vehicle OEM for warranty related issues. Plus hardwiring could also run down your battery hence better to get the same clarified from dashcam vendor.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:18   #4916
BHPian

Guys, I want to install rear dash camera in the 1st gen Ertiga and stick it to the inside of the boot hatch window. Could you please post the picture of your boot lid wiring path. I see there is no plastic trim on inside of the boot lid top part. So don’t know how to take out the cable at the top of the boot lid.

As of now I have taken the cable out of the headliner. But with this setup, the cable folds while closing the hatch and I am also afraid that moisture may seep inside the headliner via the small opening through which cable is coming out.

Suggestions for a better setup is welcome. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-4b966f63e22e4c8fb1d477b5075b3a9c.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-15dfe262ebc045d6bf6f9905dcae5990.jpeg  

Old 2nd November 2023, 15:34   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You can opt for 70mai A 400, A500 or A800 series dashcams. They are relatively easier to install and operate plus the wifi connectivity to the 70mai app is good for quick access on phone. A500 & A800 series come with the CPL filter for glare reduction.

For Parking mode you will need to hardwire the dashcam, hence better to check with vehicle OEM for warranty related issues. Plus hardwiring could also run down your battery hence better to get the same clarified from dashcam vendor.

@ghodlur Thanks for your kind suggestion. Let me check on warranty related things and decide on that
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:04   #4918
BHPian

Quote:
The Viofo A229 plus 2 channel is back in stock in case you are still looking to buy.

I have just ordered the same.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:55   #4919
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
The Viofo A229 plus 2 channel is back in stock in case you are still looking to buy.

I have just ordered the same.
Yeah, I too got the notification and I too ordered right away.

Regarding memory card, I checked if this card will work. They said it is perfect.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 18:03   #4920
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I too got the notification and I too ordered right away.

Regarding memory card, I checked if this card will work. They said it is perfect.
Thanks for the memory card link. The ones on their sites are out of stock and way too expensive. I have already booked a guy for installation of the numbers shared by Mr Vijay. I have apprehensions about the wires passing around the airbags though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks