Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 22:58   #4891
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks for the info mate. How's the video quality - day + night? Is this a fixed installation or mounted on a suction cap? Can you share a couple of pics of the dashcam?
The video quality is average. In my opinion, it is just enough to help me in case of an emergency. This dashcam is a fixed installation. I am attaching some pictures and videos below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Price seems to be very reasonable. Please share some sample videos so we can see how it performs, pal.

Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-image1.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-image0-2.jpeg  

Tiago_Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 13:47   #4892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
[url="https://www.amazon.in/VIOFO-DashCam-STARVIS-Dashcam-Notification/dp/B0C3XP1NN2/ref=sr_1_5"]

I would like to know a. what is the next best sensor after Sony STARVIS2, is it SONY STARVIS? and b. what are best brand of cams with Sony STARVIS?

Please assist.
If not Starvis 2, then the old Starvis 1 lens is the best option. Viofo, Thinkware and Iroad are good brands with Starvis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hey Samurai.

I am in the same ship as yours.

Viofo A129 plus and also A229 Plus and Pro ( I got a message from Viofo that it has come in stock) will meet your criteria.
I suspected they'll update the A229 series when it went out of stock for so long. But since I was in a budget, I went ahead with the A139 2k dual channel option. And they launched A229 Plus & Pro less than a month later

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2023 at 15:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 18th October 2023, 14:04   #4893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
I suspected they'll update the A229 series when it went out of stock for so long. But since I was in a budget, I went ahead with the A139 2k dual channel option. And they launched A229 Plus & Pro less than a month later
139 is a better product than the 229 series? If so then you dont need to worry.
Old 18th October 2023, 16:18   #4894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
139 is a better product than the 229 series? If so then you dont need to worry.
I meant the 139 with Starvis 1 (2k front & 1080p rear), not the 139 pro with Starvis 2. . But I'm still happy with it.
Old 18th October 2023, 17:59   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_almighty View Post

This gives an indication that issue might be with car power supply. Have checked voltage rating, both car charger and fuse are supplying 12-12.4V. Car runs daily including weekends for atleast an hour, so battery is properly charged.

What could be the issue?
My first point of concern will be the microSD card for such issues.

Since you have tried all - with different dashcam units, different power supply options like hardwiring and 12v sockets, microSD cards, see if there is any other common item used in these installations, like cables etc.

I seriously don't feel it's an issue with car power supply, and to conclude, you can try same camera in a different car or connect the dashcam to a USB charging unit at home.

cheers
narayanang76
Old 22nd October 2023, 12:09   #4896
Distinguished - BHPian

I am still unable to stomach buying the a229 plus (what is with all these nomenclatures, finding it so difficult to remember and compare!) for 25k and then the accessories take me upto 32k? That’s a bit crazy.

So I have figured that the a119 mini with the starvis 2 sensor for the front. What is a good and reasonably priced capacitor driven front dash cam I can buy for the rear? Any brand is okay. I have enough memory cards to use. Will need to figure out the wiring I suppose.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 02:57   #4897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So I have figured that the a119 mini with the starvis 2 sensor for the front. What is a good and reasonably priced capacitor driven front dash cam I can buy for the rear?.
Please let me know what you figure out for the rear cam.. although I agree with whatever you have outlined as I am in a similar boat, but compared to a dual-channel dashcam purchase vs 2 independent ones, would the transfer of video etc be double the effort then one transfer for front cam n one for rear cam vs one consolidated transfer in case of the dual dashcam?

Thanks

Vikram
Old 23rd October 2023, 09:28   #4898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
Please let me know what you figure out for the rear cam.. although I agree with whatever you have outlined as I am in a similar boat, but compared to a dual-channel dashcam purchase vs 2 independent ones, would the transfer of video etc be double the effort then one transfer for front cam n one for rear cam vs one consolidated transfer in case of the dual dashcam?

Thanks

Vikram
My thinking is transfer of videos needs to be done only if you need to show the videos to someone. Else why bother? I see that as a one time effort. The rear cam will however need to be separately powered and you will either need a rear usb charging port or an extra fuse tap from the front.

Am still debating this. Honestly is the Accessories pricing which is inflating the overall cost by a fair margin. These things should honestly be given as part of the package.

I am also reluctant to buy a dash cam without the starvis 2 sensor that is out in the market.
Old 23rd October 2023, 10:27   #4899

Quote:
I am still unable to stomach buying the a229 plus (what is with all these nomenclatures, finding it so difficult to remember and compare!) for 25k and then the accessories take me upto 32k? That’s a bit crazy.

So I have figured that the a119 mini with the starvis 2 sensor for the front. What is a good and reasonably priced capacitor driven front dash cam I can buy for the rear? Any brand is okay. I have enough memory cards to use. Will need to figure out the wiring I suppose.
I am also in the same boat with you and now willing to consider 70MAI A810 4K HDR DUAL-VISION DASHCAM however, I found out that the rear camera does not have the same sensor as the front one (Starvis 2). Have you checked the same for Viofo a229 plus? Customer care from Viofo could not confirm this.

I am also contemplating if Starvis 2 sensor is really important.

I believe DDPAI N1 DUAL DASHCAM (1296P+1080P) is also a budget friendly option in super capacitor based dashcams. Can anyone confirm the quality and reliability of this camera?
Old 23rd October 2023, 12:31   #4900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox88 View Post
I am also in the same boat with you and now willing to consider 70MAI A810 4K HDR DUAL-VISION DASHCAM however, I found out that the rear camera does not have the same sensor as the front one (Starvis 2). Have you checked the same for Viofo a229 plus? Customer care from Viofo could not confirm this.
A229 plus has Sony starvis sensors front and rear and both operate at 2k resolution.

https://viofo.in/product/viofo-a229-...ront-and-rear/

VIOFO A229 PLUS 2CH FRONT AND REAR 2K+2K HDR 5GHZ WI-FI GPS VOICE CONTROL DUAL DASH CAMERA WITH SONY STARVIS 2 SENSOR FRONT AND REAR

2K+2K dual dashcam with Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 5MP Sensors
HDR for Front & Rear Cameras
140° + 160° Wide Viewing Angle
Dual-Band Wi-Fi Built-in 2.4GHz & Ultra Fast 5GHz
G-Sensor & Motion Detection Supported
Loop Recording & Auto Emergency Lock
Smart Voice Control & Notification
Easy Installation & Friendly User Interface
GPS module (Included)
Circular Polarizing Lens (Optional, Not Included)
Bluetooth Emergency Remote (Optional, Not Included)
Support MicroSD Card up to 512GB (Optional, Not Included)

A810 is only starvis 2 front.

Last edited by Red Liner : 23rd October 2023 at 12:34.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 17:11   #4901

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
My first point of concern will be the microSD card for such issues.

Since you have tried all - with different dashcam units, different power supply options like hardwiring and 12v sockets, microSD cards, see if there is any other common item used in these installations, like cables etc.

I seriously don't feel it's an issue with car power supply, and to conclude, you can try same camera in a different car or connect the dashcam to a USB charging unit at home.

cheers
narayanang76
Had changed Micro-SD card too to recommended Extreme card, I doubt it would be a card issue. I will try out placing it in a different car and see. But not sure which all cars have constant power supply after switching off like Ecosport. And if someone known has that car and is willing to try out dash cam. In cars without constant power supply, camera would keep getting cut-off when car is switched off and we would not know if it hangs still.
Old 24th October 2023, 19:02   #4902

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
My suggestion for i07 was against the mirror models. I'm not going to argue about the 2 non mirror cameras based on cost or features. It depends on each person's preferences.

Thanks for sharing the contact. He is offering the cam at 16k. Is it a good deal? I am buying in bulk, atleast 3 or 5 dashcams. Also, can you share the review link, if shared already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Isn't D07 cheaper than i07? Atleast on Amazon I see 3k difference. Also pardon my ignorance but why do I need 3rd cam to cover in cabin?
I find it overkill.
Can you post the review of the one you bought?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th October 2023 at 19:07.
Old 25th October 2023, 22:56   #4903

Hello

Since the last post on this thread, i still haven't been able to decide on my dash cam.
My friend is coming down from the US and i want to ask him to bring one from there.

Could you all please suggest what are the best options in a budget of 15k there.
Would hardwire it to my car. XUV300 (o) D AMT.

Thank you.
Old 26th October 2023, 09:16   #4904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sj_241 View Post
Hello

Since the last post on this thread, i still haven't been able to decide on my dash cam.
My friend is coming down from the US and i want to ask him to bring one from there.

Could you all please suggest what are the best options in a budget of 15k there.
Would hardwire it to my car. XUV300 (o) D AMT.

Thank you.
I'm in the same boat. I have decided to get A229 plus because of the Sony Stravis 2 sensors for both front and rear cameras which costs around $237 along with CPL filter and Hardwire kit. I'm waiting for the Thanksgiving sale to check if there will be any reduction in price. However, Viofo India will not provide any sort of warranty for purchases outside India.
bharathdonti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 01:42   #4905
BHPian

Quote:
Am still debating this. Honestly is the Accessories pricing which is inflating the overall cost by a fair margin. These things should honestly be given as part of the package.

I am also reluctant to buy a dash cam without the starvis 2 sensor that is out in the market.
Hey,

So finally I took the plunge and have ordered the following --
- Front-Viofo A119 Mini 2 + CPL filter -- Rs. 15,998
- Rear-NexDigitron Ace+ with GPS + CPL -- Rs. 5,089
- SanDisk Extreme 512GB card -- Rs. 3,849
- Samsung Evo Plus 128GB card -- Rs. 775
Total: Rs. 25,711

Viofo was for the Starvis 2 sensor (I wanted to stick to Starvis 2 and I compromised on taking 2K vs. 4K) + Supercapacitor battery as my car is parked in the sun on most days.. since this was critical, I compromised on the rear cam, so picked up something not very expensive

Let's see how they work.. fingers crossed!!

Thanks

Vikram
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks