Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 12:17   #4861
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal21 View Post
Further I didn't feel the need for parking monitoring and so just went ahead with regular installation. The wire is router through the A pillar trim and below the dashboard into the charging socket and is concealed well enough.
I am using the same one, how are you concealing the wire below the dashboard, there is too much of extra wire. Some pics showing dashboard area might help
Old 11th October 2023, 00:19   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
I am using the same one, how are you concealing the wire below the dashboard, there is too much of extra wire. Some pics showing dashboard area might help
Hi Revvatron. To answer this, you can simply roll the extra wire and tie it together so it doesn't dangel around. You can also use zip ties to fasten them in place. For me, I took the dashboard out and placed it properly so it doesn't dangle around in any way. Again, I can't comment if this works without knowing what car you use, but the process is mostly similar in most cars.

Routed the cable through A pillar trim as mentioned before
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20231010_1426496572.jpg

Then through inside the dashboard rolling excess cable.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20231010_142223856.jpg

Finally having only a small portion of the cable visible at the point of the charging socket.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20231010_142327505.jpg
vishal21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 10:55   #4863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal21 View Post
Hi Revvatron. To answer this, you can simply roll the extra wire and tie it together so it doesn't dangel around. You can also use zip ties to fasten them in place. For me, I took the dashboard out and placed it properly so it doesn't dangle around in any way. Again, I can't comment if this works without knowing what car you use, but the process is mostly similar in most cars.
Thanks for the pics. You are right, it is same in my I20, only thing is am little skeptical about removing dashboard so want to find an alternative to that.
Old 11th October 2023, 14:42   #4864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Thanks for the pics. You are right, it is same in my I20, only thing is am little skeptical about removing dashboard so want to find an alternative to that.
Hi Revvatron, you don't have to remove the entire dashboard. Only A pillar trim (which is quite easy, held in place with clips) and Glove Box removal is good enough. From underneath you can adjust the wire.
Video Link to A pillar trim removal:
Video link to Glove Box removal:
vishal21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:08   #4865
BHPian

Hey Guys.

I am planning to buy a dash cam for my Dark Knight in the Amazon sale.

Have decided to stick with Camera's with HDR.

I see that Viofo ones have good HDR capabilities.

I did see a model from Viofo that says WDR. Is it same as HDR or is it even better?

I did do a search on Amazon and saw that a 70mai M300 also says it has HDR though i doubt its effectiveness.

Can someone list out the models with HDR from their experience? From Viofo and others as well but with capacitors and not batteries?
Old 13th October 2023, 14:13   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
If number plate visibility is your main concern, you need Starvis 2 sensor based Dashcams. In USA, Viofo has A229 plus which has 2k front + rear cam, both with Starvis 2. Check it out on the Viofo.com website.
Thanks for the suggestion. My cousin is coming from the USA. As you mentioned, the A229 Plus has a newer sensor, a thicker rear cable, and uses a Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 5MP camera which is a major difference compared to the A229 Duo.

The A229 Plus is $30 cheaper than the A229 Duo as well. When I add the CPL antiglare filter and the hardwire kit accessories, it costs $237, which is about 20,000 rupees. I think it's a good deal for the price.

https://viofo.com/dash-cam/329-viofo...-2-sensor.html
Old 13th October 2023, 16:45   #4867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Any idea if Viofo India will support hardware bought from Viofo.com?
Old 13th October 2023, 17:13   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Any idea if Viofo India will support hardware bought from Viofo.com?
I need to check. I had a chat with Viofo India. They say the A229 series will be in stock by end of this month
Old 13th October 2023, 17:16   #4869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I need to check. I had a chat with Viofo India. They say the A229 series will be in stock by end of this month
They told me that the warranty is not covered for devices not bought in India.

Also these are the cameras with HDR.

A139 Pro in stock

Arriving in 7 days:
A119 Mini 2
A229 plus
A229 Pro

Have asked for a comparison chart of the above 3 cameras and will upload them once i get it.
Old 13th October 2023, 18:28   #4870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
They told me that the warranty is not covered for devices not bought in India.

Also these are the cameras with HDR.

A139 Pro in stock

Arriving in 7 days:
A119 Mini 2
A229 plus
A229 Pro

Have asked for a comparison chart of the above 3 cameras and will upload them once i get it.

While the A229 series is coming to India, I believe their dashcam will be more expensive here than in the USA, even when you factor in the extra stuff like the hardwire kit and CPL filter.

As for the warranty when you buy products from Viofo India, below is what they replied to me on WhatsApp.

Warranty: We provide 12 Months Free Pickup & Drop Warranty DashCam + Accessories. i.e. You do not need to send item anywhere or go anywhere, just contact us and we will arrange free pickup of item from your home and then free delivery to your home after repair/replacement. We won’t ask you to send item to our warehouse on your own expense.

Then if you write reviews about our product (NOT NECESSARILY POSITIVE), we will further extend DashCam warranty by 6 Months i.e. Total 18 Months Free Pickup & Drop Warranty !

Should I give up the warranty to get a good deal from the USA? People who are using Viofo, could you please suggest if buying from USA would be a good idea?
Old 14th October 2023, 19:01   #4871
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have a front dashcam, the 70 mai Pro(not the 70 mai Pro plus) which doesn't have support for front dashcam. I don't want to spend another 10-15k for getting a dual dash cam. I am thinking of adding a stand alone rear dash cam. I have a Figo 2017 which has the 12v socket only at the front.

I'd like to spend as less as I can, but don't wanna compromise on the quality of the footage so something like the DDPAI Mini Pro is the benchmark. What are the options that I have? Can the DDPAI Mini Pro be used as a rear dashcam? Is the provided cable length of 3.5m enough? Any other suggestions/pointers are welcome.

P.S. I was looking at the design of Mini Pro and it seems like there's no way to remove it from the car as it entire body gets stuck directly to the windscreen. Are there any options in this price range which offers the flexibility of removing the cam?
Old 14th October 2023, 21:17   #4872
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
Guys, have a query, is DDPAI mini wire long enough to be used as a rear dash cam with it getting power from the front cigarette lighter slot?
For reference, I have MS Baleno 2017 make, if someone has this setup can help will be very useful.

Thanks,
Aayush
Were able to check if the wire length is sufficient?
Old 15th October 2023, 13:03   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hey!
Got caught up in some other things and forgot about it. Will check this week and let you know.
Old 15th October 2023, 19:55   #4874
Team-BHP Support

Looking for dual channel (front & rear) dashcam with capacitor (instead of battery) and GPS. Don't care about 4K, that would destroy the budget. I can live with 2K.

So far I only see VIOFO A129 Plus Duo matching my filter. Is there anything else?
Would I like to consider non-chinese make, but that would literally double the price.

Iroad FX2 almost made the list, except for the capacitor part. I routinely park in the sun, so I don't want to risk it.
Old 15th October 2023, 20:47   #4875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Cannot edit the above post so posting as a separate reply.
Checked in evening and DDPAI mini cord came out little small for powering it from the center console. The route I took was from the upper center of dickey glass towards the rear right side door, bringing the wire down to the bottom from near the driver seat belt and then towards the center console.

Attaching pic for reference showing how much short it came out to be.
PS: it was a quick check by just measuring the length by placing it over the plastics and not actual tucking in.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-baleno.jpg
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks