Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 05:25   #4681

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I have a dual channel Ddpai Mola N2. I am satisfied with the video quality but in some cases I find the GPS data not showing on the UI after downloading the video. Was wondering if anyone else is also facing the same issue.
Old 5th August 2023, 14:29   #4682
Senior - BHPian

My Blaupunkt dashcam gave up after working without a glitch for almost 12-13years .For the replacement I was looking for something simple,uncomplicated and which would capture videos and nothing more.That is when I came across Nextdigitron.

Bought the A3 Dash Cam directly from the Nextdigitron website as the website offers a lesser price than Amazon. Shipping was prompt and the configuration and installation was easy via the 12v socket.

https://www.nexdigitron.com/products/a3

Video images are also pretty good, serves the purpose for me as i was not looking for anything with a price more than INR5000

Link to the Video attached just in case anybody would like to check quality.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 5th August 2023 at 14:30. Reason: URL added
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 21:07   #4683
BHPian

I just acquired the Qubo Dashcam Pro 4K and installed it self except for the wiring. Checked the quality in night and seems fairly good and clear. Need to test out on my long drives and long hours of usage.

Have a question though - my vehicle stands parked outside the house 24/7 uncovered and at all times I'm not using it (been this for the whole decade as well). Is it safe to leave the dashcam in the mount and in clear visibility (because the glass house is so huge in the Xylo everything inside is clearly seen) or should i go through the arduous job of unmounting in every time I exit?

Note: CCTV monitors the spot where my car is parked, but would that stop anyone if they want to break in
Old 8th August 2023, 09:00   #4684
Senior - BHPian

I fitted a dashcam in a 2020 ZS couple of days ago. This doesn't have a USB slot behind the IRVM. I routed the cable via the roofliner ,A-pillar, behind the steering wheel to the USB slot below the centre console. The 12v socket is on the passenger side of the centre console.

What I was wondering was, is the USB slot and 12v socket powered only when the car ignition is on or always? I was thinking of leaving it connected always if it is powered only when the ignition is on instead of plugging it in and out every time.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 10:55   #4685
BHPian

I got a DDPAI X5 pro dashcam installed in my car a few days ago. I am now finding that the front camera unit is quite hot to touch always (even after driving at night or overnight parking mode). The Nexdigitron support guys are saying that this is normal but I am not convinced. How has the experience of others been with respect to camera heating? Is it to be expected?
Old 8th August 2023, 22:28   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwynstanley View Post
However you will get faster deliver if you order from Amazon, on the other hand, delivery from Nexdigitron would take 1-2 weeks or more.
Well, surprisingly I received the order in 2 days. It was pretty quick ordering from the nexdigitron site.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th August 2023 at 17:37. Reason: punctuation
Chandler Bing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 00:12   #4687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I got a DDPAI X5 pro dashcam installed in my car a few days ago. I am now finding that the front camera unit is quite hot to touch always (even after driving at night or overnight parking mode). The Nexdigitron support guys are saying that this is normal but I am not convinced. How has the experience of others been with respect to camera heating? Is it to be expected?
Yes its normal, especially if you have the camera set to record at 4k. My Viofo A139 Pro used to stay hot when recording at 4K irrespective of how cold the interiors would be due to AC being on. Ever since I dropped the video resolution to 2k, the camera doesn't stay that hot but only a bit warm. Though I did not drop the resolution because camera used to be hot while recording, but because I wanted to try the 2K resolution & also I wanted the videos to be in 60fps & that was possible only in 2k.

You can try & drop the resolution of your videos, & not record them in 4k. See if that makes the camera less hot.
amitgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 14:13   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
You can try & drop the resolution of your videos, & not record them in 4k. See if that makes the camera less hot.
Thanks. That really helps. Will try lower resolution to see if the camera is less hot.
Old 9th August 2023, 18:03   #4689
BHPian

I got a DDPAI Mola N3 Dash Cam installed last month from a local installer in Gurgaon (Musicar). Paid 600 for the installation, and they were able to hide the wires perfectly. Camera works great, video quality is pretty good at 2K.
Also installed the CPL filter myself, it has a noticeable improvement in the glare reduction effect.

It's installed a little to the left so this is how the feed looks. Don't mind that much myself.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-a_20230716120127.jpg
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:09   #4690
Senior - BHPian

Installed the Viofo A139 PRO 2 channels on my fortuner on my own. 4K resolution is excellent and with HDR, it captures readable number plates most of the time in both day and night. However what concerns me is that the heat on the dashcam. It gets really hot even with AC on and it does not get better if I toned down from 4K to 2K or 1080p and with GPS disabled even. Worried if it could get fried on long journey. As I purchased it few days back, it has the latest firmware as well. Am I just worrying too much?

Here are some of the sample footages of day and night.

Day footage:

Night footage:
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:31   #4691
BHPian

Finally after months of research, purchased 70mai rear view mirror dashcam. Spent 13 grand on this.

Primary purpose was to capture any untoward incidents. Don’t really care about reading every number plate out there on the road or scenery during road trips. Since my car doesn’t have a rear parking camera, decided to go for a rear-view mirror dashcam.

Overall experience is decent till now. Front camera is good and rear camera is average. I have mounted the rear camera inside the car so that might also be one of the reasons for this.

It’s already been a few days and one thing I realised is - dashcam is a fit and forget kind of device. You might not want to look at the videos or interact with it once the initial excitement fizzles off. So ancillary things like app experience, fancy features like touchscreen, etc don’t matter much. Just find something reliable with good video clarity and be done with it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7277.png  

warrioraks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 22:32   #4692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Am I just worrying too much?
I suppose you have 18 months warranty on dashcam. Don't worry, if it has to burn out 18 months is sufficient as it'll experience summers during warranty. If it fails, get a replacement.

Usually Viofo cameras are reliable. They might bring out one or two cameras which have pathetic night quality but their reliability record is good. Don't worry!
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 11:06   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Primary purpose was to capture any untoward incidents. Don’t really care about reading every number plate out there on the road or scenery during road trips.

It’s already been a few days and one thing I realised is - dashcam is a fit and forget kind of device. You might not want to look at the videos or interact with it once the initial excitement fizzles off. So ancillary things like app experience, fancy features like touchscreen, etc don’t matter much. Just find something reliable with good video clarity and be done with it.
Rightly said. People focus more on bells and whistles, and not on the primary propose of getting a dashcam.

Last edited by JoaTMoN : 11th August 2023 at 11:12.
JoaTMoN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 00:07   #4694
Senior - BHPian

I have Blaupunkt 2.0 Dashcam. Currently the Display is not turning ON. The Red LED is glowing. I tried pressing the Reset Button using Sim Ejecting Tool. But still the Display is not turning ON. Am I doing something wrong?

Or the Dashcam has lived it's life? If yes, I would be looking to buy New Dashcam Preferably Dual Channels (Front and Rear) which I could shuffle between Elite i20 (Mar 2015) and Alcazar (Aug 2021) as the need arises.

I want following Features in the New Dashcam not in any particular order-
1. Good Video Recording Quality
2. Capacitor Powered (No Battery powered)
3. HDR
4. Budget- Rs. 15000/-
5. GPS
6. Suction Mount (as the Dashcam needs to be shuffled between two cars- Elite i20 and Alcazar)

Thank you

Last edited by Sheel : 13th August 2023 at 11:58. Reason: As requested.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 09:41   #4695
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Finally after months of research, purchased 70mai rear view mirror dashcam. Spent 13 grand on this.

Primary purpose was to capture any untoward incidents. Don’t really care about reading every number plate out there on the road or scenery during road trips. Since my car doesn’t have a rear parking camera, decided to go for a rear-view mirror dashcam.

Overall experience is decent till now. Front camera is good and rear camera is average. I have mounted the rear camera inside the car so that might also be one of the reasons for this.

Hi Warrior,

Any issues with the mirror cam vibrating since it is clamped onto the OEM mirror?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks