Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 20:43   #4261

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Friends
I am happy to share that i have finally got my dream car - read - Fortuner 4x2 AT. I am simply loving it. I want to fix a reliable and top quality dashcam (front/rear). Which make/model and what would be the price in Bengaluru ? Should it be fixed only in the Toyota service center or can it be done outside(please recommend) as i am not sure on what kind of connectivity/wiring/power is to be done for this.
Old 7th February 2023, 10:48   #4262
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I have'nt had the need to check the last recorded video, so not sure. And I have not yet encountered memory card corruption, using the same memory card since 2017 as old as the camera itself.
I have, or had the sj4000wifi. Better check if the original card works, failed in mine after a while.

Without a battery, the camera will overwrite random recordings, as they all start with the same time stamp. Basically, useless.

You can keep the camera to fool cops and miscreants.
Old 7th February 2023, 12:01   #4263
BHPian

Question to DDPAI GPS dashcam users.

How do you quickly get the GPS coordinates watermarked on the video clip since this feature is not supported in the DDPAI cameras by default?
Old 7th February 2023, 17:39   #4264

I have got clarity and understanding that I must get a DashCam before something unfortunate happens (for those who still are not convinced in getting a dashcam, it goes like this - why does a building need to have a fire-exit, why does a building need fire extinguishers - it is to save yourselves from very unfortunate situations (in cases where there is no mistake from your end)).

After spending a week, reading all the pages from 150 to 285 of this thread
Have decided to choose one of the two.

VIOFO - A129 Duo plus - 18500 (through UPI payment)
DDPAI Z40 Dual dash (With GPS) - 11000 (through DDPAI website)

But totally confused in choosing between the above two.

Advantages of A129 over Z40
1. Supports 256gb (Z40 - 128gb)
2. 2k at 60FPS (Z40 - 2k at 30FPS)
3. Individual processor for rear cam (Z40 - same processor for front&back)
4. 18month - Free pickup and drop warranty (Z40 - 12month - own shipping)
5. Excellent software (Z40 - buggy)
6. 5ghz (Z40 - only 2.4 Ghz) - helps in faster transfers.
7. Rear SONY - IMX307 (Z40 - Unknown)

Advantages of Z40
1. 7500rs less than A129
2. Cheap accessories - all of them are less than half the price of A129 accessories.

Both have SONY IMX335 - but A129 specifies it as STARVIS which is not mentioned in Z40 and not sure of how much they differ from each other.

I am inclined towards A129 considering the above Advantages, but in some corner of my mind "All this for what? Are these features worth the extra 7500rs?, Does all this matter ? Isn't a dashcam ONLY to save yourself during an unfortunate incident? "

Can someone please enlighten me - I am confused!
vijey_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 11:14   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijey_s View Post
1. Supports 256gb (Z40 - 128gb)
2. 2k at 60FPS (Z40 - 2k at 30FPS)
5. Excellent software (Z40 - buggy)

These three points; plus buffered parking surveillance is enough to spend that extra amount for VIOFO. However, if these do not matter much (you just want a dashcam for install and forget; only going to get videos for any incident happens), go for DDPAi - 7k is not less

Just to add
256gb card saves more video for longer trips (in case you are into backup scenic drives etc)
60fps would help extra 5% times for a better number plate detection
Motion detected buffered parking is better than time-lapse or other options, takes less space and no unwanted videos saved.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 8th February 2023 at 11:35.
dipdawiz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 12:30   #4266

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
These three points; plus buffered parking surveillance is enough to spend that extra amount for VIOFO. However, if these do not matter much (you just want a dashcam for install and forget; only going to get videos for any incident happens), go for DDPAi - 7k is not less

Just to add
256gb card saves more video for longer trips (in case you are into backup scenic drives etc)
60fps would help extra 5% times for a better number plate detection
Motion detected buffered parking is better than time-lapse or other options, takes less space and no unwanted videos saved.
Thanks for your views, my usage is mostly on highways (80% Highways and 20% city) and I love to keep those scenic drives, almost in all my drives I ask my wife to record the scenic route. So considering this, it is worthy to get A129 I feel . But please tell me how much better is the A129 over Z40 video quality, there are no comparison videos in youtube

Regarding the buffered parking, I am not keen on hard wiring as my car parking is covered and inside my house all the time. and even if I plan to do it, I can't - VIOFO A129 has removed buffered parking
Old 8th February 2023, 14:55   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your views, my usage is mostly on highways (80% Highways and 20% city) and I love to keep those scenic drives, almost in all my drives I ask my wife to record the scenic route. So considering this, it is worthy to get A129 I feel .
If this is the case, having 256gb memory support is beneficial. However investing in a circular polarizer is must. It clears up the recording, removes lots of reflection and increase contrast, good for keeping video footages.

Quote:
But please tell me how much better is the A129 over Z40 video quality, there are no comparison videos in Youtube
I did not use VIOFO personally. I made couple of friends buy it; those wanted buffered parking surveillance. Saw video on mobile screen only. Quality wise it would not be any better (or less) with same sensor, resolution and compression (H.265 or H.264 supported in both I guess).

Quote:
Regarding the buffered parking, I am not keen on hard wiring as my car parking is covered and inside my house all the time. and even if I plan to do it, I can't - VIOFO A129 has removed buffered parking
I did not know this feature is not there in A129. As I told, I have not used it (I use 70mai) personally. I also did not want parking surveillance initially. Later I felt it would have been a good idea to have in those cases when you are on a trip and parked in open space or road side. In that case you may have to increase budget and get higher version though.
Old 8th February 2023, 17:07   #4268

Has anyone ordered from this website?

https://store.ddpai.com/en-in

The prices are too good - for Z40 its 4000rs cheaper than Indian Nexdigitron pricing.

I am ok to wait but is the website trustworthy? Is this the official website?
The website seems very genuine and authentic.
Old 8th February 2023, 17:26   #4269

Quote:
I did not know this feature is not there in A129. As I told, I have not used it (I use 70mai) personally. I also did not want parking surveillance initially. Later I felt it would have been a good idea to have in those cases when you are on a trip and parked in open space or road side. In that case you may have to increase budget and get higher version though.

I also have thought about your point and in that case getting another hardwiring kit for VIOFO would cost me another 3k and their CPL filters also costs another 2k, which stretches the budget way beyond.

I should also not forget the memory card cost which will also get added to my expense. Guess It is wise to choose Z40 itself to start with and may be after 2-3 years I can think of a bigger upgrade.
Old 8th February 2023, 18:47   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone ordered from this website?

https://store.ddpai.com/en-in

The prices are too good - for Z40 its 4000rs cheaper than Indian Nexdigitron pricing.

Quote:

CPL filters

If you are going for DDPAi Z40, CPL filter is not user installable. So better buy from nexdigitron and avail their CPL installation service for z40.
Old 9th February 2023, 14:13   #4271

Quote:
If you are going for DDPAi Z40, CPL filter is not user installable. So better buy from nexdigitron and avail their CPL installation service for z40.
Yes, even I noticed their note on CPL for Z40, but my understanding, all they would do is stick it to the Z40 and deliver, they have also mentioned , it can not be removed once fixed, which confirms that they are using gluing method only to fix the filter.
Old 9th February 2023, 15:20   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even I noticed their note on CPL for Z40, but my understanding, all they would do is stick it to the Z40 and deliver, they have also mentioned , it can not be removed once fixed, which confirms that they are using gluing method only to fix the filter.
As far as I can understand from the dashcam's image, Z40 lens base is rounded square flash fit with the body. And they do not sell the CPL for that, all you get is rounded CPL. If you see this image,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...hcamcpl_li.jpg
for CPL to work, the CPL should be in certain rotation relative to lens.

That's why I feel it's not just a simple gluing job. Not saying it's impossible, just that research in case you plan to do it yourself.
Old 9th February 2023, 20:44   #4273

Quote:
That's why I feel it's not just a simple gluing job. Not saying it's impossible, just that research in case you plan to do it yourself.
Thanks for letting me know, I totally agree, it is not a simple gluing job. There is some dismantle and assembly involved.
Old 10th February 2023, 10:57   #4274
BHPian

Hey,
I am planning to get a dashcam for my City 5G, but installation may be a pain for me. Zeroing in on the DDPAI Z40 model, both front and back. Is there any good paid installation service provider in Gurgaon (or NCR) who can install it for me and help hide the cabling as well? Would love to read your reviews of the same.
Old 10th February 2023, 22:29   #4275
BHPian

Has anyone tried Wolfbox? I'm looking for a 3 channel dvr, and Viofo with all its accessories is very expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks