Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 18:07   #4171
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I am using VIOFO A119S V2 for the last 4 years and need to change the microsd card. Currently, I have 64GB Samsung EVO PLUS card but want to upgrade to a 128GB endurance card. Has anyone used 128GB card on VIOFO A119S V2. In the user manual, it says max. microsd card supported is 64GB.

Thanks.
Old 28th November 2022, 20:43   #4172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Has anyone used 128GB card on VIOFO A119S V2. In the user manual, it says max. microsd card supported is 64GB.
I am using a 128 GB microSD card in my Viofo A119 V2, purchased in July 2017. Before using 128 GB card I raised a support ticket and got the below response:

Quote:
Thanks for choosing VIOFO.
Yes, A119 supports memory card up to 128GB.
Also according to our experience, Transcend or Samsung Micro SD card works well with our camera.
You may raise a support ticket here.

Last edited by airbus : 28th November 2022 at 20:44.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 20:49   #4173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I am using a 128 GB microSD card in my Viofo A119 V2, purchased in July 2017.
As per the user manual A119 has a maximum stated capacity of 128GB MicroSD but A119S has 64GB hence I raised this question. I have raised the ticket in the VIOFO portal. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2022, 11:14   #4174

Can we have a 360 degree camera and a dash cam in one package. If not can we get a 360 degree camera with a recording option. I have an Grand i10 which only has a reverse camera.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Old 3rd December 2022, 11:23   #4175
Senior - BHPian

Viofo support was not of much help. They pointed me to A119 user manual and said 128GB is the max limit when I pointed out the wrong model then the support person was unaware and could suggest nothing. Sad to know the quality of support from Viofo.

I took a risk and bought a 128GB high-endurance SanDisk microSD which works perfectly fine on my A119S. So the User Manual is wrong and needs to be fixed.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 11:32   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
So the User Manual is wrong and needs to be fixed.
Usually what happens is companies tend to play safe. In theory higher size can and will work but it is not fully reliable. Since it is higher than the recommend one there are chances that it can fail after some time.

A119 and A119S has resolution differences too, not sure about the chip though so if they have recommend to stick with lower one then it is better to follow.

It is not a movie camera, it is supposed to overwrite previous files numerous times and A119S has 1080p, so IMO 64GB is sufficient.

P.S: I'm using A119, A119S with 64 Gigs and A229 Duo with 128, so have some experience with Viofo.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 09:57   #4177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Usually what happens is companies tend to play safe. In theory higher size can and will work but it is not fully reliable. Since it is higher than the recommend one there are chances that it can fail after some time.

A119 and A119S has resolution differences too, not sure about the chip though so if they have recommend to stick with lower one then it is better to follow.

It is not a movie camera, it is supposed to overwrite previous files numerous times and A119S has 1080p, so IMO 64GB is sufficient.

P.S: I'm using A119, A119S with 64 Gigs and A229 Duo with 128, so have some experience with Viofo.
Your arguments don't have logic. you may have been a user of VIOFO but don't have any expertise in electronics. This is not how electronics work. If a card works it works period. No, it doesn't lead to a higher failure rate . My best guess here is a change in the firmware was made to accommodate 128GB microSD while the documents remain unchanged. This seems more logical.
Old 4th December 2022, 10:44   #4178
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Your arguments don't have logic. you may have been a user of VIOFO but don't have any expertise in electronics. This is not how electronics work. If a card works it works period. No, it doesn't lead to a higher failure rate . My best guess here is a change in the firmware was made to accommodate 128GB microSD while the documents remain unchanged. This seems more logical.
My opinion is the same as Batish's.

Viofo has (I am sure) tested various cars, and they will only certify cards that work consistently, not ones that work just occasionally.

That it worked for you is purely anecdotal; and the plural of anecdote is not data. Companies go by data.

And the reseller in India (like any dealer, even for cars) shall never say anything other than the official line.

Same case with the user-manual.

Cheers

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 11:45   #4179
BHPian

Quote:
This is not how electronics work. If a card works it works period.
Well, I may not have much experience in electronics but I had asked Viofo about SD Card brands for A229 and they outrightly declined one card which by your logic should work since most of these have similar technology but they did. Apparently, they had much higher failure rate.

Quote:
No, it doesn't lead to a higher failure rate.
Might not fit 'logical' perspective. See this.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-smartselect_20221204114110_samsung-internet.jpg
Old 5th December 2022, 09:31   #4180
BHPian

I recently bought DDPAI Z50 and do not want to hardwire it. But sometimes, I may want it to record when parked. Input is 5v 2A, and nexdigitron is providing some sort of battery back up (24000 mah) which is almost 5K and looks quite big too. I was thinking, instead of this, would it be safe to use my power bank instead?
Old 5th December 2022, 13:10   #4181
BHPian

I will be in the market for a new Dashcam for the upcoming HyRyder. I have been using Viofo A119's in my other cars, which were all bought from Aliexpress 5-6 years ago. I now see that Viofo has landed in India too.
What options do I have in a 1) Super Capacitor powered 2) Wi-fi viewing and retrieval of recorded clips. I see a Viofo A 119 Mini which fits my requirement. Any homegrown options?

Last edited by riteshritesh : 5th December 2022 at 13:11.
Old 5th December 2022, 18:31   #4182
BHPian

Hi, I am facing an issue in accessing dash cam 's wifi, when Android Auto is connected. Here are the details..

I have put in DDpai nola n3 pro GPS dual dash cam in my Toyota Hyryder, which can be assessed via wifi (in DDpai app) .

Hyryder has wireless Android Auto, because of which, phone's connection to HU via Android Auto requires both wifi and Bluetooth connection in phone.

Only way to access footage stored in DDpai dash cam wirelessly , is to connect to it's wifi network.

Problem - phone had now connected to HU's wifi to run Android Auto.

Now, if I want to connect to DDpai dash cams wifi, them I have to switch off HU AND force stop Android Auto app in phone. Because If app is running on phone, it overides your attempt to connect wifi network of dash cam and switches on the HU !

Once these HU switching off/ app force stop steps are done, I can view/ download the footage from DDpai app.

Is there any walk around this - where i don't have to switch off HU/ force stop Android Auto app on phone?

All I want is directly connect to DDpai wifi, while HU/ Android Auto is running normally.

Last edited by baarish84 : 5th December 2022 at 18:34.
Old 5th December 2022, 19:54   #4183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
Hi, I am facing an issue in accessing dash cam 's wifi, when Android Auto is connected. Here are the details..

I have put in DDpai nola n3 pro GPS dual dash cam in my Toyota Hyryder, which can be assessed via wifi (in DDpai app) .

Hyryder has wireless Android Auto, because of which, phone's connection to HU via Android Auto requires both wifi and Bluetooth connection in phone.

Only way to access footage stored in DDpai dash cam wirelessly , is to connect to it's wifi network.

Problem - phone had now connected to HU's wifi to run Android Auto.

Now, if I want to connect to DDpai dash cams wifi, them I have to switch off HU AND force stop Android Auto app in phone. Because If app is running on phone, it overides your attempt to connect wifi network of dash cam and switches on the HU !

Once these HU switching off/ app force stop steps are done, I can view/ download the footage from DDpai app.

Is there any walk around this - where i don't have to switch off HU/ force stop Android Auto app on phone?

All I want is directly connect to DDpai wifi, while HU/ Android Auto is running normally.
I have used DDPai Mola N3 Pro GPS version in my A-Star, and I had an aftermarket 7" touchscreen Android system. I had downloaded the DDPAI app in my touchscreen, and used to access the footage on the touchscreen itself.

May or may not work with OEM units like that, but worked in an aftermarket system. The app was very laggy, and I never found it to be useful or quick when trying to download videos.

Thankfully my unit malfunctioned within the warranty period, and they asked me to upgrade to a 70Mai dash cam for a reasonable price, and the 70mai app is far better and functional than the DDPai app. I am happy with my trade off.
Old 5th December 2022, 22:30   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I have used DDPai Mola N3 Pro GPS version in my A-Star, and I had an aftermarket 7" touchscreen Android system..
Thanks for the response. Side-loading of DDpai apk on OEM HU is not possible. Also, OEM HU cannot connect to native wifi of DDpai dash cam .

You are right, Both these problems can be resolved by after-market installation of Android HU.. but then I do not wish to lose out on OEM HU's sermless user experience for daily commute (over accessing of dash cam footage in emergency situations).
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 08:23   #4185
BHPian

Hi folks, I was looking into purchasing a dashcam (only front works for me) and saw that the 70mai pro+ costs ₹8k whereas the Viofo A119 Mini costs ₹16k on Amazon.

Have the following queries:

1. Does the Li-ion battery in 70mai pro+ cause any problem during summers? (I face temperatures exceeding 40 degrees during summer seasons)

2. I was reading about some heating up issues with A119 Mini. If someone is using it then how has been your experience so far?

3. Is the difference in price worth it?

Do note that I may install a rear camera later on and having that as an option will help. Not sure if the Mini has the option.

I don't have a fixed budget in my mind so far. So, open to any better suggestions.

Thanks in Advance
Silent Buddha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks