Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2022, 08:06   #4141
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Dear BHPians,

My 3.5 yrs old ddpai mini has stopped recording, although the camera stars up and display shows that the lens of camera is working. I have not touched the camera or its sd-card.

Friends, what could be the problem, kindly help me resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards.
Check if the SD card is functioning properly or not. If it has gone bad, then camera might not be able to write and hence not recording.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th October 2022 at 08:07.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 09:04   #4142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Hello BHPians,
Any Dashcam experts (DDPAI to be particular) please suggest/share your thoughts, I’m seeing today recording in playback and the previous available playback is showing very long back dated, not able to see even yesterday ones. However, I have seen yesterday playback once I opened it the DDPAI app but then vanished after few checks in the playback.

Let me know what might be the issue here and how to rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance!!
Let me know if anyone know how to resolve this issue.
Old 16th October 2022, 09:44   #4143
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know if anyone know how to resolve this issue.
IMO this might occur if you have changed the date in the dashcam. I had the same problem as mine (70mai A500S Pro Plus+ Dual Channel) is not hardwired and when the cam restarted I changed the date to the current and the time. So all my old recordings gone.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 09:51   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
IMO this might occur if you have changed the date in the dashcam. I had the same problem as mine (70mai A500S Pro Plus+ Dual Channel) is not hardwired and when the cam restarted I changed the date to the current and the time. So all my old recordings gone.
Oh I'm sorry to know you lost all your recordings after date reset. My dash cam is hardwired and never played anything with date/time reset. Will check once again and confirm.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 22:54   #4145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
They then suggested me to buy a 70MAI A500S Pro Plus+ Dual Channel Dash Cam by paying a price difference of Rs.1500. The brand new, sealed and packed Dash Cam arrived this afternoon, and so far it is working well. It even has ADAS function, for Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning, which I am yet to test.

Quality is 1944p front and 1080p rear. Seems good so far. ADAS calibration needs to be done while driving behind some car at 20Km/Hr or more, yet to do that.

Product Link: https://www.nexdigitron.com/products/a500s
The ADAS function works well, post calibration! But I have switched the audio warnings off, as it is quite distracting.

Here is an unboxing video I made after receiving my replacement product:-

AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 07:00   #4146
Senior - BHPian

LTT tackles the dashcam scene
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 08:09   #4147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Check if the SD card is functioning properly or not. If it has gone bad, then camera might not be able to write and hence not recording.
Thanks Brother,

I had a spare 32gb Sandisk Ultra MicroSD card at home which I located out and replaced it in the ddpai mini dashcam. The old 64gb Samsung Evo Plus had stopped recording, and as soon as I inserted the new 32gb Sandisk the dashcam adjusted itself to the new sd-card and has successfully begun recording now.

Can I format the old corrupt 64gb samsung evo plus sd-card and use it again?

Regards.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 12:19   #4148
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Brother,
Can I format the old corrupt 64gb samsung evo plus sd-card and use it again?

Regards.
Ideally it should work after formatting.

I faced an issue like this - once my 70mai A500plus+ dashcam stopped recording on Samsung EVO SD card after car was parked under 38 degree scorching Sun for couple of hours. Error said SD card is corrupted. After I formatted the card, it could record fine. But a new problem came. It could not loop record anymore. So, once SD card is full, it gives error that SD card corrupted and stops recording. I have to manually format it and it would work again.

After this bought an WD purple SD card (purpose built for CCTV cams, but works file for dashcam) and for last 6 months it's working fine, even in couple of cases car was parked under direct Sun in summer for couple of hours. ::fingers-crossed::

If not WD purple, you can choose endurance series (purpose built for dashcam/CCTV) SD cards of Samsung or Transcend, specially if at times you have to park your car under extreme heat/direct Sun.
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 14:34   #4149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Ideally it should work after formatting.

I faced an issue like this - once my 70mai A500plus+ dashcam stopped recording on Samsung EVO SD card after car was parked under 38 degree scorching Sun for couple of hours. Error said SD card is corrupted. After I formatted the card, it could record fine. But a new problem came. It could not loop record anymore. So, once SD card is full, it gives error that SD card corrupted and stops recording. I have to manually format it and it would work again.

After this bought an WD purple SD card (purpose built for CCTV cams, but works file for dashcam) and for last 6 months it's working fine, even in couple of cases car was parked under direct Sun in summer for couple of hours. ::fingers-crossed::
Dear Brother,

That's a ton lot of information, thanks.

I'll go for the WD Purple, it seems cost effective for me and i rely on your experience too.

Regards.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 15:31   #4150
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,
Any Dashcam experts (DDPAI to be particular) please suggest/share your thoughts, I’m seeing today recording in playback and the previous available playback is showing very long back dated, not able to see even yesterday ones. However, I have seen yesterday playback once I opened it the DDPAI app but then vanished after few checks in the playback.

Let me know what might be the issue here and how to rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance!!
The same happened with my ddpai mini, and after I inserted a new SD card the recording has started again. The old sd-card had gone corrupt and had stopped recording long back.

Your issue is alike mine, replace the sd-card and all will work fine as earlier.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 17:26   #4151
BHPian

Quote:
The same happened with my ddpai mini, and after I inserted a new SD card the recording has started again. The old sd-card had gone corrupt and had stopped recording long back.

Your issue is alike mine, replace the sd-card and all will work fine as earlier.
Mine doesn't have memory card, it's inbuilt memory for DDPAI Mini 3
Old 18th October 2022, 17:27   #4152
BHPian

Quote:
Mine doesn't have memory card, it's inbuilt memory for DDPAI Mini 3
Then claim warranty if available.
Old 18th October 2022, 19:01   #4153
BHPian

Complete noob here on Dash cams. But i want to buy one now.

Would fellow Bhpians please recommend something with the following considerations?

- Budget: Cheap one. Can stretch, but its just a dash cam, which can help prove my innocence, so, image is important too.
- Reliability
- Ease of downloading videos.
- Companies which honor warranty, if needed.
- No batteries, which die in a year. prefer longevity or connected Dash cams.

Any comments on GoMechanic Dash cams? these are ~2500/-. DDPai ones start at ~3500/-.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 19:34   #4154
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
DDPai ones start at ~3500/-.
I use a connected 70Mai in one car. That specific model is not available now but a better one is. And a connected DDPai in another car which is still available. Here are the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-b459efef6f3449da9efe26f033bfa27b.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-c9ca2738ddcf4b59bc1669bcbad082b4.png  

shankar.balan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 20:26   #4155
BHPian

I am currently using SJCam SJ5000X elite as my dash cam. It was my helmet camera before. It serves the purpose really well and picture quality is too good even at night.

But lately I felt I will need a three channel dash cam looking at the way traffic in Namma Bengaluru is or how some of the other drivers on highway are doing rash driving. So after a thorough research I have finalized on this product :

https://www.amazon.in/T130-3CH-Inter...lectric%3ADash

It's a known brand, but has anyone used this product and could give me a heads-up?
DustyWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks