Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:17   #4111
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv.krish View Post
May I know which one you went with finally?
I went with NEXDIGITRON A3, I opted for the hardware kit version, and I plan to use the hardware option only when traveling since I have a basement parking already. I also got the CPL filter and that made a huge difference in quality.
This is designed by DDPAI and seems to be basically DDPAI A2 with HEVC (H.265) support. Don't know if there is anything additional from DDPAI A2

I took this decision since my primary intention was to have a dashcam that records 12+ Hours of reasonable quality video.
The additional quality of MOla N3 was not much concern as I have used a phone dashcam (Daily Voyager) before.
I found that after my initial enthusiasm waned off I rarely was interested to check the videos. The dashcam for me to get any accident footage than anything else.

Things that I noticed that you might be interested in:
This runs on 12V, the conversion to 5V if any happens in the unit which means you cannot just use a USB adapter + USB cable
This also means the 12V will be occupied if you do not use a hardwire kit.

Creates 1 min videos which are 100MB, so about 20 Hours with 128GB sd card (this is at 1080p you can record at 720p as well)
The audio channel is mutable from the app, but even if muted has blank audio which means there is no reduction in file size.
Note that some dual cameras support only 128GB, which means they might only get 10-12 hours of recording.

An additional tip I found from one of the youtube reviewers, (sorry did not note the source): It is much easier to speak the car number loudly when you want to remember a number rather than gambling that the dashcam will get the number. This is especially true at night, your eyes are much better than these budget dashcams.
vinodmk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 18:44   #4112
BHPian

Qubo Pro with GPS

Bought the 'Qubo Pro with GPS'. Installed it myself on my Honda-City-5th-gen. I will post photos of the wire routing later.

Initial impressions are good. Hope it lasts a long time.

Sample-footage:
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dsc_0227.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dsc_0232.jpg  

manim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 15:10   #4113

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodmk View Post
I went with NEXDIGITRON A3, I opted for the hardware kit version, and I plan to use the hardware option only when traveling since I have a basement parking already. I also got the CPL filter and that made a huge difference in quality.
This is designed by DDPAI and seems to be basically DDPAI A2 with HEVC (H.265) support. Don't know if there is anything additional from DDPAI A2

I took this decision since my primary intention was to have a dashcam that records 12+ Hours of reasonable quality video.
The additional quality of MOla N3 was not much concern as I have used a phone dashcam (Daily Voyager) before.
I found that after my initial enthusiasm waned off I rarely was interested to check the videos. The dashcam for me to get any accident footage than anything else.

Things that I noticed that you might be interested in:
This runs on 12V, the conversion to 5V if any happens in the unit which means you cannot just use a USB adapter + USB cable
This also means the 12V will be occupied if you do not use a hardwire kit.

Creates 1 min videos which are 100MB, so about 20 Hours with 128GB sd card (this is at 1080p you can record at 720p as well)
The audio channel is mutable from the app, but even if muted has blank audio which means there is no reduction in file size.
Note that some dual cameras support only 128GB, which means they might only get 10-12 hours of recording.

An additional tip I found from one of the Youtube reviewers, (sorry did not note the source): It is much easier to speak the car number loudly when you want to remember a number rather than gambling that the dashcam will get the number. This is especially true at night, your eyes are much better than these budget dashcams.
Thank you for the detailed reply.
Wanted to check couple of more things:
1) Do you use android or iPhone? I understand that the app functionality in ios is poor for DDPAI (hence had ruled out Mola N3). And do you connect the A3 through Youmera and how is its performance?
2) I would need the 12V socket for connecting my phone to maps and music. And I am not intending to hardwire. Hence this rules on A3 too. Any other recommendations in this price range. I was looking at M300.
Old 6th October 2022, 12:48   #4114
BHPian

Thanks Batish and airbus for your responses. Helped me decide on the model.

Got the DDPAI Z50 GPS model and got it fitted to my Ecosport. I bought it from Nexdigitron guys. Buying experience was seamless and they gave a contact in Bangalore who did the fitting well.

During the purchase, I also reached out to DDPAI's official website(https://store.ddpai.com/en-in) to check about the pricing. Surprisingly they have price which is lower than what is sold in India by others. Eg: Z50 is 15499 rupees in India and it is ₹11,418.00 on this site. I reached out to their support to check if International shipping is an option and got below response:
"We could ship to India, but we need your KYC information to send the parcel. It will cost 15-25 days to deliver in India. We will cover custom taxes. Free shipping on orders over 100 USD"
Please note, I do not have any experience with their delivery to confirm if this is a good option. You buy it from the official site at your own risk.

Since I wanted the dashcam quickly before my trip, I could not go with the official site and went with Nexdigitron who delivered it to Bangalore in 3 days.

Note: The guy who did the fitting said there is some problem with the DDPAI parking package(Hardwire kit) with the ecosport. It does not work as expected is what he mentioned. If you are buying the dashcam with hardwire kit for ecosport, do a thorough check not just with the company but also with the person(or place) where you get it fitted.

Last edited by Poornavakra : 6th October 2022 at 12:51. Reason: Missed a note
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 09:30   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv.krish View Post
Thank you for the detailed reply.
Wanted to check couple of more things:
1) Do you use android or iPhone? I understand that the app functionality in ios is poor for DDPAI (hence had ruled out Mola N3). And do you connect the A3 through Youmera and how is its performance?
2) I would need the 12V socket for connecting my phone to maps and music. And I am not intending to hardwire. Hence this rules on A3 too. Any other recommendations in this price range. I was looking at M300.
I am using the Youmera app on Android, being my first dash camera I do not have a good way to compare it with other apps.
App is usable but would only rate it as average.

One option to overcome the 12V blocking is to use 12V Car Splitter, but that will obviously take up more space.
One example of this https://www.amazon.in/HSR-Voltage-sw.../dp/B08FRDFVJY

You can definitely take a look at M300, that solves the 12V port problem more directly.
I had initially ruled it out as I was not able to figure out if it is detachable, I am still not sure if it is detachable.
I did not have enough time during my purchase to check with the seller on this.
vinodmk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 12:07   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poornavakra View Post
<snip> they gave a contact in Bangalore who did the fitting well.

<snip>.
Hi, Can you share the contact for this guy who did the installation for you? Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 12:27   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Hi, Can you share the contact for this guy who did the installation for you? Thanks
Not sure if the forum rules allow me to share the number directly here. I have DMed you the contact..

Last edited by Poornavakra : 7th October 2022 at 12:28. Reason: typo.
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 00:53   #4118

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodmk View Post
You can definitely take a look at M300, that solves the 12V port problem more directly.
I had initially ruled it out as I was not able to figure out if it is detachable, I am still not sure if it is detachable.
I did not have enough time during my purchase to check with the seller on this.
Thank you for the update.
I will check with the Nexdigitron if M300 is detachable.
Old 9th October 2022, 10:41   #4119
BHPian

Qubo Car Dash Camera Pro (with GPS) from Hero Group | Full HD 1080p | Wide Angle View | G-Sensor | WiFi | Emergency Recording | Upto 256GB Supported | Only Made in India Dashcam | (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/ednJoWk

How is the feedback on this? It's made in India and also supported by the Hero group? The specs seem decent too as well as the price. We can use 2 for front and back as the cost doesn't seem too high.
Old 9th October 2022, 11:00   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Qubo uses same sensor as the DDPai mini which is cheaper. Do not see any advantage to pay more and buy this.

2mp means it's the earlier version to the imx335. Latest that is available in a car dash in india is imx415 which is an 8mp sensor.

Recommendation is to look at imx335 sensor at the least.

By the way the 70mai a500s with imx335 is producing more usable video than even their own a800s which uses imx414.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:14   #4121
BHPian

Anyone installed 70mai 800s Dashcam on next Gen Verna (Mine is next Gen Verna 2017 Model)? I have ordered mine and will get it in couple of days.

Few questions I have are,

1. I have my FastTag behind my IRVM, so installing at the centre of the windshield behind the IRVM is not an option. I should either place it beside the fast tag. Do let me know where you have installed it.

2. I am not going for hardwire, can you let me know how did you route the front and rear camera wires?

3. Can you share some information / pics about the installation of the front and rear cam?

4. Have you installed yourself or took help from any car accessories shop? Any leads about place where I can get it installed around Whitefield Bangalore. My Verna is due for service in a weeks times, does ASS does the installation of the dash cam if I pay them?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hardilip : 9th October 2022 at 16:16. Reason: Added vehicle model
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 20:33   #4122
Senior - BHPian

@Hardilip. I just installed it in the Ford Endeavor old and it took around 45 minutes. It can lesser time if you are not anal about how the wires go inside the trim.

1) - Share a pic. I have the fast tag behind the IVRM and at the top of the windshield. So I could stick it a few mm below the fast tag. The monitor is useless and the device anyway can be removed from the mounting bracket to make any settings changes or adjustments. Also, the camera needs to be in the center, so the installation of the device will be slightly towards the right of the center line(imaginary)

2) Both via the roof liner. All you need is a plastic IKEA knife(plastic) which was better than the small tool that comes with the package. No metal screwdrivers or tools, please. For roof liners, you can simply use your fingers to pull the wire under. The wire can be simply tugged inside. I removed the plastic trim from the pillar, taped the wires, and made it look professional. The wire will go through the gap between the dash and the pillar and will be available below the driver's footwell. A simple way to take it toward the 12V or USB charger is just tugging the wire along the floor and getting it to the center console. What I did was route it under the dash by lying down under the driver seat and neatly taping the wire and taking it to the front console. My car has a nice square hole to run wires from the center console and it helped.

For the rear, take the roof liner route and take the wire to either the right side or left side pillar, and with the IKEA knife simply tug the wire all along the roof panel trims on the sides towards the rear end of the car. From there it is very easy to either take from the roof or along the tray. It is a personal choice.

3)Message me your number and I will share some pictures.

4)It is an easy DIY. All plastic trims are clip based and can be pried open with an IKEA knife.
This is Honda City - So this may be similar -

Remember that I installed it in the Endeavor where I have a rear door and not a boot. Even with that, the installation was easy.

I will add a Hardwire kit but will keep it as additional power input near the camera so I can use it when only needed. Mostly my car is in my apartment garage so I am not planning to keep the camera on in these spots.

Last edited by VW2010 : 9th October 2022 at 20:44.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 00:03   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Anyone installed 70mai 800s Dashcam on next Gen Verna (Mine is next Gen Verna 2017 Model)? I have ordered mine and will get it in couple of days.

1. I have my FastTag behind my IRVM, so installing at the centre of the windshield behind the IRVM is not an option. I should either place it beside the fast tag. Do let me know where you have installed it.
2. I am not going for hardwire, can you let me know how did you route the front and rear camera wires?
3. Can you share some information / pics about the installation of the front and rear cam?
4. Have you installed yourself or took help from any car accessories shop? Any leads about place where I can get it installed around Whitefield Bangalore. My Verna is due for service in a weeks times, does ASS does the installation of the dash cam if I pay them?

Thanks in advance.

I have self installed the 70mai Dash Cam Pro in my Brezza.
As mentioned by fellow Bhpian VW2010 my car too is an apartment parking so have not installed the rear cam and also not hardwired it as my car is new and will have warranty issues.
For installation you can refer to
for front for rear
Easy to do it.All the best.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 08:45   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Most probably Hyundai ASS won't offer to do installation even if you pay them, unless you buy the camera from them. They might even tell you stories that third party cam and installation would void the warranty etc. All this to force customers to buy cam from them.

You can enquire at "The Drift" accessories shop near Ramagondanahalli Varthur road in Whitefield. I had enquired with them last year to install 70mai pro plus+ in my Creta but later I went for DIY (only front cam and no hard wiring). They said they could install as per our choice.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th October 2022 at 09:09.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 09:56   #4125
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
If you have ordered it from Amazon then fine or can order from
https://www.nexdigitron.com/collections/70mai

which I did.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks