Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:50   #4051
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Cross Posting the link here so that anybody looking for a dashcam does not miss it. Viofo A229 Review (VIOFO A229 Duo Front and Rear Dashcam | Review & Initial Impressions)

Last edited by batish : 2nd August 2022 at 12:51.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 13:23   #4052
BHPian

Hi Folks, looking for a reliable capacitor based dashcam for my Hyundai Venue under 10k. Any immediate suggestions would be helpful as I am taking a trip next week and would want to install prior to it. TIA!
Old 6th August 2022, 10:28   #4053
BHPian

I have been using DDPAI Mini for a little over a month now. I was reasonably happy with it. Daytime footage was okay, and I thought the app was tolerable (on IOS). As of the last few days, the app is frozen on the below screen (Screenshot attached). This is on the current iPhone running the latest os. So frustrating! This is the kind of poor quality/experience I was weary of when I was considering buying this. Anyone else facing this issue at the moment?

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_2804.jpg
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 11:23   #4054
BANNED

I’m looking for a good dual dashcam for my w212 and jazz. Jazz is driven by my mom and wife only for short distances. I need a device which gives the best picture quality. I’m confused between DDPAI and 70mai. Is there any issues with app UI in iOS for ddpai? If I fix a rear dash cam for w212 with a sloping rear window, will there be any glaring issues since I’ve beige interior.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 11:18   #4055
BHPian

Dash Cam File Download

I am using DDPAI Mini in my Swift and recently installed DDPAI Mola N3 in my UC.

The files download and playback from SD card to the desktop/laptop from DDPAI Mini is straight forward and hassle free, no issues there.

The ones from DDPAI Mola N3 is very problemetic. Although I am able to download the files these don't play and asks me to download an HVEC extension. Uhhh.. what are these and why ?

Why wouldn't the videos from Mola N3 play while those from Mini does.
There are no options in the settings of the camera itself, so that path is clear.

PLEASE HELP
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 11:37   #4056
BHPian

Oh wow, this thread so so exhaustive. Happy 76th Independence Day

Thank you Team BHP community for this. While there are few questions I got answered from searching this thread, I need some more guidance from the white knights of this forum.

I recently bought Innova Crysta AT Petrol. I want to have good dual dash cam installed for safety and protection. After making myself more knowledgable with this and few other threads, I have zeroed on the requirements.

Dash Cam requirements (not in any particular order of preference or priority):

1. Dual Dash cam (of course)
2. Preference of mirror dash cam/ with screen dash cam for easy drivability in tight streets and corners.
3. Cloud recording so that in event of stolen car, the videos are still available over the cloud.
4. Selfie mode for recording any unauthorised entry (even in 24hour surveillance mode) or threat by a hostile culprit
5. In built microphone for voice recording, not just video (it's a given but apparently some brands don't do audio)
6. GPS mode (not just a logger but can pinpoint car when parked)
7. 24 hour parking surveillance mode (I know, hardwiring kit additional).
8. Other imp stuff: G-sensors, super capacitor etc etc.
9. CPL filter so that the camera can record vehicle number plates in bright headlights, rather than taking an overexposed recording/ picture
10. Budget: Upto 15k

11. If (and a big if), the unit doubles up as a 360 degrees parking cam as well, then I am happy to spend around Rs. 25k - Rs 30k on the same (too much to ask?)

I have whittled down the options to following from Amazon.in and I am open to suggestions for any other options as none covers all.

1. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, Built-in GPS, Route Tracker, ADAS, App Playback & Share, Optional Parking Monitoring

https://amzn.eu/d/ckwKsWe

2. DDPAI Mola E3 Rearview Mirror Dashcam, Dual Channel with QHD 1440p Front & 1080p Rear, Touch Screen, Wi-Fi, G-Sensor, WDR, RAM: 1GB, Storage: Max. 128GB

https://amzn.eu/d/6XYthuE

3. REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam Built-in Wi-Fi GPS Front 4K/2.5K and Rear 1080P Dual Dash Camera for Cars,3.16" Display,170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder, Supports 256GB Max, 1 Year Warranty

https://amzn.eu/d/9smEmZc

4. SC02 Dual Dash Camera With 64GB SD Card

This is an Indian brand and had hardwiring kit included in price, but limited info on them, so any guidance is much appreciated

https://www.safecams.in/product/sc02-dual-dash-camera/

---
Below are additional options outside the criterion (features, slightly out of budget etc.) but can be considered based on the feedback.

5. DDPAI Mola N3 Pro Dual Channel Car Dash Camera (with GPS), 1600P Front & 1080P Rear Resolution, 265° Coverage, G-Sensor, WiFi, 1GB RAM, Upto 128GB Storage

https://amzn.eu/d/c3ACZXQ

6. 70mai A800S Dual Vision True 4K Dash Cam, Built-in GPS, ADAS, in App Playback & Share, Optional Parking Monitoring (Front + Rear Cam)

https://amzn.eu/d/1o4qOPC

Thanks again in advance for the community's help !

Last edited by Dieseling : 15th August 2022 at 11:42. Reason: Adding new info
Dieseling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 12:52   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
If I fix a rear dash cam for w212 with a sloping rear window, will there be any glaring issues since I’ve beige interior.
Even I had used a rear dashcam with a sloping rear window with beige interior but did not find any glaring issues. If you find any try with CPL Filter. It helps a lot in reducing glare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
1. Dual Dash cam (of course)
Yes, possible in your budget.

Quote:
2. Preference of mirror dash cam/ with screen dash cam for easy drivability in tight streets and corners.
DDPAI Mola E3 just because it has rear camera whose image is visible in your IRVM.

Quote:
3. Cloud recording so that in event of stolen car, the videos are still available over the cloud.
Nope. Anything with cloud recording requires constant power with Internet connectivity. How will you provide this? I don't think you'd get any in the budget or even if you go 3x on your budget.

Quote:
4. Selfie mode for recording any unauthorised entry (even in 24hour surveillance mode) or threat by a hostile culprit.
Selfie mode? Elaborate a little more. If you mean inside the cabin then that calls for 3 channel camera. Even if one enters your car what are the chances he won't steal or break your camera before exiting? So, IMO it's pointless. 3CH cameras are useful if you are using it in a cab where you deal with hundreds of different passengers.

Quote:
5. In built microphone for voice recording, not just video (it's a given but apparently some brands don't do audio)
Yep, possible.

Quote:
6. GPS mode (not just a logger but can pinpoint car when parked)
Nope. You won't find this as far as I know. You are trying to find an unicorn in the given budget. Anything which relays your location back to you, requires Internet connectivity.

Quote:
7. 24 hour parking surveillance mode (I know, hardwiring kit additional).
You can get this.

Quote:
8. Other imp stuff: G-sensors, super capacitor etc etc.
You can get capacitor based ones in this budget, not sure if they can be dual ones.

Quote:
9. CPL filter so that the camera can record vehicle number plates in bright headlights, rather than taking an overexposed recording/ picture.
Different brands have different resolutions and picture clarity. Even models of one company have different specifications. CPL will reduce your dashboard glare during daytime to a large extent. Can't say anything yet about number plates.

Quote:
10. Budget: Upto 15k
Look for 70mai and DDPAI in your budget then.

Quote:
11. If (and a big if), the unit doubles up as a 360 degrees parking cam as well, then I am happy to spend around Rs. 25k - Rs 30k on the same (too much to ask?)
Nope man. Nope. I don't think there is any which doubles up as this as it requires multiple cameras to stitch 360º image. Yes, it's too much to ask.

Quote:
I have whittled down the options to following from Amazon.in and I am open to suggestions for any other options as none covers all.
None would cover all because some of your requirements are unrealistic. I'd suggest reading up older posts in this same thread. Read previous 7-8 pages from here, You'll get the gist.

Last edited by batish : 15th August 2022 at 12:56.
batish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 20:32   #4058
BHPian

A recent Dashcam review of Amazon bestsellers by LTT made an interesting watch:

Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 16:37   #4059
BANNED

I'm looking for a dashcam under 7500.

My requirements:

1. Good image/video quality where number plate is legible
2. Build quality + reliability
3. Ability to withstand hot climate
4. Service support
5. Good Android app

Please recommend me a dashcam
Old 18th August 2022, 22:38   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Hero Electronix’s Qubo enters auto tech, unveils new dash cam

Attachment 2316277

Link to news: https://www.siasat.com/hero-electron...m-2335658/amp/

Product Link: https://www.quboworld.com/qubo-dashcam-pro.html
This post & continued ads on Google made me to buy this product albeit with some risk analysis.

Cancelled dashcam from GoMechanic & ordered this online.

Experience:
Kind of Chinese product experience.

My Chinese CCTV front door camera allows me to access footage anywhere in the world if camera is connected to wi-fi. But this system only works when you are inside your car and connected to the camera.

If you want to access the footage, take out SD card from camera & read it on laptop. And amongst the most annoying things is that you can download only one minute clip on your mobile phone.

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 18th August 2022 at 23:06. Reason: Trying to add dashcam footage MP4 file of 1 min, but gets rejected as invalid file.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:51   #4061
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
This post & continued ads on Google made me to buy this product albeit with some risk analysis.

Cancelled dashcam from GoMechanic & ordered this online.

Experience:
Kind of Chinese product experience.

My Chinese CCTV front door camera allows me to access footage anywhere in the world if camera is connected to wi-fi. But this system only works when you are inside your car and connected to the camera.

If you want to access the footage, take out SD card from camera & read it on laptop. And amongst the most annoying things is that you can download only one minute clip on your mobile phone.
There are dashcams with built-in LTE modem that need a SIM, which can be configured to stream video to cloud-storage, that can then be viewed from anywhere. Dashcams without LTE modem, which have cloud-storage option, depend on the mobile-hotspot of your phone (which needs to be enabled and in-range), and those work too. The principle and working is very similar to IP-CCTV cameras. Not quite certain to understand what the issue is, unless your dashcam firmware doesn't have cloud-storage option (many don't), and in which case the WiFi is used as a local, limited-range wireless mechanism to connect between dashcam and phone.
Old 28th August 2022, 09:01   #4062
Senior - BHPian

I have an Aukey DR01 Dashcam. The rubber base of the suction mount is fully worn out. Looking for suggestions as to from where I can source a rubber base for the suction mount.
Old 28th August 2022, 16:57   #4063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Looks good . Thanks. Will reach out to SafeCams.
Hi @steadfast, has the installation done on your Harrier? How is the experience of the cam and the installer?
Old 28th August 2022, 17:36   #4064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have an Aukey DR01 Dashcam. The rubber base of the suction mount is fully worn out. Looking for suggestions as to from where I can source a rubber base for the suction mount.
If the spare parts for your particular model is not available then I think I have across videos on Youtube that show you can get one of these suction mounts to work again. Maybe you can give that a try.

I guess this is something that even I should have considered when I got the ddpai z40. Not sure how long their Indian retailers would continue supplying spare parts once the model is more than a generation old.

Last edited by JithinR : 28th August 2022 at 17:38.
Old 29th August 2022, 00:43   #4065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisalmeriya View Post
Hi @steadfast, has the installation done on your Harrier? How is the experience of the cam and the installer?
I did not install safecam. Installed transcend drivepro 250 and it is a fit and forget type.
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks