Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 08:53   #3691
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I am looking to get dashcam on budget and I think ddpai mini fits the bill. 1080p recording, with capacitor, storage expandable upto 128 gb, etc etc.

I could also see ddpai mini 3 and 5 and they gave better resolution and inbuilt storage which i think is limited to 64 gb. Just wanted to check if there is option to expand storage in these two models? What I understand is with 128 gb storage I can records upto 11 hours of video in full HD.

ANY insights or suggestions?
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 09:55   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
What I understand is with 128 gb storage I can records upto 11 hours of video in full HD.

ANY insights or suggestions?
There are two factors which will decide this (1) how much of driving you will be doing in a stretch (2) how frequently you will be able to transfer the videos, should you need them

For example, if the car you're buying this for is your daily driver with 2hrs/day of driving, you're looking at a weekly cadence for transferring/reviewing videos (assuming you want to do that) even with 128GB. Of course, the G-sensor should lock videos with incidents, however for certain videos where you want to manually transfer them, the cadence at which you can/will transfer will become the primary factor.

On the other hand, if your car is primarily for highway long-distance usage, the deciding factor is how long you'll drive in a stretch before getting an opportunity to review the videos. This was my deciding factor. I'm accustomed to driving long distances, for 13hrs stretches, and that's my intended use for the car as well. So I shortlisted only cameras that supported up to 256GB of space.

I don't think it is possible to expand it beyond what's capable by design. There will be software and hardware limitations to this.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 10:20   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
I am looking to get dashcam on budget and I think ddpai mini fits the bill. 1080p recording, with capacitor, storage expandable upto 128 gb, etc etc.
Dear Brother,
I'm using the DDPAI mini for the past 2 yrs and 8 months. No issues till date, I've not touched the dashcam even once since installation. I've travelled to places with temperatures ranging from 44'C in the summer of Eastern India to around 0'C of Darjeeling/Sikkim, lot of drives around coastal regions of Bengal & Odisha as well - no issues whatsoever. Dashcam connects to mobile or tablet app immediately through wifi. I'm using 64gb memory card in the dashcam, it is good enough for local drives but for week long vacation tours a memory card of 128gb would be best.
Enjoy.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 11:28   #3694
BHPian

For me too, when you check cost wise, the DDPAI Z40 dual seems to be a more VFM option compared to the the Voifo A129 Duo. Is there any one here using the above DDPAI one? Would like to have some first hand information.

But I don't see it anywhere on any of our regular eCommerce websites and only can find on below link..

https://www.nexdigitron.com/products...81b202f5&_ss=r

Last edited by raksrules : 25th November 2021 at 11:30.
Old 26th November 2021, 07:57   #3695
BHPian

Has anyone got Pioneer dash cams?
I need one with rear view and this is the only one that comes from a known manufacturer.
I am not interested in high quality videos for saving/ creating memories. Just rear view while reversing & help during mishaps.
The specs are low but will it more reliable!

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent.../#productSpecs

There is a new listing on Amazon called wolfbox, has lots of positive reviews on Amazon US. Very expensive though
https://www.amazon.in/stores/page/88...3-1afacc14e17b
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-vrec200ch1.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 26th November 2021 at 08:02.
Old 26th November 2021, 11:33   #3696

Any one using this type of rear dash cam? I have 70 Mai dash cam pro without rear dash cam. If I bought this can I connect it in rear charging socket?
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-4a32db1a3fb44933931299b0e62eb587.jpeg  

Old 26th November 2021, 12:49   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder70 View Post
Any one using this type of rear dash cam? I have 70 Mai dash cam pro without rear dash cam. If I bought this can I connect it in rear charging socket?
Yes for Pro Plus (https://70mai.store/products/70mai-d...-pro-plus-plus) and no for Pro (https://www.70mai.com/en/dash-cam-pro/).
Old 27th November 2021, 10:40   #3698

Hi all,
I have purchased 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S dashcam with the hardwire cable kit. So far the camera works fine, I have not yet connected it to the fuse box as I'm not sure about my capabilities of wiring it all together. Now my question is, I have my scheduled service coming up soon and I was wondering if the Honda ASS will be able to connect it all together or I will have to go to a FNG to get it connected?
Stimpy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 11:49   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
Hi all,
I have purchased 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S dashcam with the hardwire cable kit. So far the camera works fine, I have not yet connected it to the fuse box as I'm not sure about my capabilities of wiring it all together. Now my question is, I have my scheduled service coming up soon and I was wondering if the Honda ASS will be able to connect it all together or I will have to go to a FNG to get it connected?
Congratulations on acquiring a very good dashcam. The H'ASS usually will not do the hard-wiring of accessories that too in the fuse-box. I had to get the loud-horns hardwired on my BRV from the open market.
You can still discretely ask the technician to perform the hard-wiring in your car without getting the job noted on paper by the service-advisor.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 19:14   #3700
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

When did Viofo officially launch in India?

I was randomly googling to get hold of viofo dashcam from abroad but guess what I found? I discovered the website https://viofo.in/ selling them right here in India itself.

Does anyone know how much legitimate is this website for viofo dashcams and more importantly when did Viofo officially launch in India ?
Old 29th November 2021, 10:01   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Hello BHPians,

When did Viofo officially launch in India?

I was randomly googling to get hold of viofo dashcam from abroad but guess what I found? I discovered the website https://viofo.in/ selling them right here in India itself.

Does anyone know how much legitimate is this website for viofo dashcams and more importantly when did Viofo officially launch in India ?
I do not know when they "launched" in India; but viofo.in are reliable and legit. They are not Viofo per se; they are the authorised distributors for Viofo in India.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 15:39   #3702
BHPian

Hi All, Has anyone used the portal www.nexdigitron.com? Wanted to know if this is a genuine seller.
Old 29th November 2021, 16:27   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay1283 View Post
Hi All, Has anyone used the portal www.nexdigitron.com? Wanted to know if this is a genuine seller.
Yes. It is safe.

I recently ordered a CPL filter for 70mai camera from the site. You can pay a little more and get your item through Blue Dart. My item came packed with Amazon tape. The vendor also sells on Amazon and you could buy from there to make use of credit card offers. Check both places and buy where it works out cheaper for you
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 16:38   #3704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
Yes. It is safe.

I recently ordered a CPL filter for 70mai camera from the site. You can pay a little more and get your item through Blue Dart. My item came packed with Amazon tape. The vendor also sells on Amazon and you could buy from there to make use of credit card offers. Check both places and buy where it works out cheaper for you
Thank you

This seems to be the only portal selling DDPAI Z40 dual dash cam. I will now go ahead and place the order
Old 29th November 2021, 22:43   #3705

Hi all,
Today was my first scheduled service for my Honda City and the SA denied to do the hardwiring of my dashcam, He also said not to get it done at FNG as it will void the warranty of the vehicle.

Any owners that can confirm this? Or is it just Honda that denies any accessories to be fitted into the fuse box?
Stimpy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks