Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:32   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Has anyone tried hardwiring a dashcam in a new (or pre-facelift) Jeep Compass? I am planning to do it over the weekend. Is there anything specific I need to keep in mind? It will be an old dash cam from my earlier car.
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:23   #3632
BHPian

Today I installed A800S in Porsche macan 2020, All wires are in open as I am not been able to figured it out how to tuck in, any trusted source in Delhi who has a prior experience with porsche please suggest
here are few doubts
1) This camera does not record front and rear at the same time? as after pressing the rear button it says rear camera recording started
2) with a small pot hole it start recording a emergency recording for few seconds, is it possible to change the sensitivity?
TIA
Old 4th November 2021, 00:19   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post

Yes, there's a dedicated emergency recording button (second button from the left, a flag icon).
Thanks for your prompt and to the point response. This button is such a relief. Now I can safely go with pro plus+ (or whichever is with the gps module). I guess not many recorders come with such a dedicated button isn't it? Do you know of any?

I'll also mostly go with the hardwiring kit. That has to be ordered seperately I guess? Or was it included in the package in your case?
Old 4th November 2021, 00:45   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
Now I can safely go with pro plus+ (or whichever is with the gps module). I guess not many recorders come with such a dedicated button isn't it? Do you know of any?
Yeah, that button is helpful. I think it’s safe to go with pro plus+ (A500s), it’s a decent dashcam in that range. ADAS too works well, even during the night and on roads with faded markings.

I actually didn’t look for the emergency recording button when I was searching for the dashcam; luckily ended up with one having that. My primary requirements were GPS and dual channel recording.

Quote:
I'll also mostly go with the hardwiring kit. That has to be ordered seperately I guess? Or was it included in the package in your case?
Yes, the hardwiring kit should be ordered separately. The box only contains the dashcam unit along with the mount, electrostatic stickers, user manual and the cables (GPS module is now integrated). I didn’t buy the hardwiring kit, I’m using the 12V socket.
Old 5th November 2021, 12:09   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Today I installed A800S in Porsche macan 2020, All wires are in open as I am not been able to figured it out how to tuck in, any trusted source in Delhi who has a prior experience with porsche please suggest
here are few doubts
1) This camera does not record front and rear at the same time? as after pressing the rear button it says rear camera recording started
2) with a small pot hole it start recording a emergency recording for few seconds, is it possible to change the sensitivity?
TIA
Hi, You can visit GT Tunerz on MG road, Delhi for installation. They hardwired my dual dash cam and are experts in handling European cars.
Maverick07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 17:33   #3636
BHPian

Any decent workshop in South Delhi where I can get my VIOFO A129 PRO DUO ULTRA hardwired in my 2016 EcoSport?
Old 6th November 2021, 18:35   #3637
BHPian

Anyone owns DDPAI Mola N3? I did the setup few weeks back and it's working fine, but I just am not able to get the cam connected to the app. It just doesn't recognise. When I try to connect to the cam via app, my mobile picks up my home wifi address and not the cams. I tried this in my apt. parking.
When I tried it away from home, the cam doesn't pick the app.
Old 7th November 2021, 09:59   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
In the same boat as you. After almost 5 years, my Viofo has stopped working. Not looking at 70mai given their failure rates. Ddpai seems to be a safe bet. Came across this dual channel dashcam on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09C3DV35B/...RFRN391CTRMY43

Haven't yet placed an order as I'm still exploring. Like before, planning to stick with capacitor types rather than lithium batteries.
Requesting you to please update once you order and get the dashcam so others including me can make Informed decision.
The Voifo A129 duo in my brother's car (2010 Corolla Altis) is so discrete due to its small footprint and inclined design. I don't want something which makes it very obvious that I have a dashcam.

Sometimes I wonder if I should continue exploring or spend ~20K and get the Voifo itself. Getting from US doesn't help much with price so I feel better to buy in India.

I am going to open a thread on Techenclave (a tech forum I am part of) to ask for opinions there as well.
Old 7th November 2021, 10:15   #3639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
Congrats on the purchase!

I just did the installation of 70mai pro plus (dual camera) last week by Sachin's Autoshop - Koramangala - They did a pretty decent job and charged Rs. 800 for the labour.

It looks pretty good too & I have driven to Sakleshpur with family yesterday - I will post some pictures, sample videos and write a short review in a day or two.

Cheers!!
Sorry for following up like an IT company manager but it would be great if you can post pictures and videos and give some brief review of the dual camera system. With limited decent options in India, opinions of actual people using in Indian conditions will be of great help.
Old 7th November 2021, 17:59   #3640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
In the same boat as you. After almost 5 years, my Viofo has stopped working.
What issue are you facing ? Is it totally dead or restarting / not recording ? I faced issue with my Viofo A119S. It kept restarting after every few minutes. Recording smaller clips and missing out during restarting period. Tried flashing firmware and formatting the card (both in Cam and on PC). Used to work for few hours and again same issue.

Searched online for possible causes. Some pointed issues with dashcam but didn't provide any solution except flashing firmware. Some pointed to SD card errors. Then I noticed the frequency of restart. It was happening every two minutes. This was same as the set video clip size. So, I focused on the card. Used a spare 16GB SD card and it worked without issues. So, ordered new card and dashcam is working without issues since then (2 months).

Also, since the time I bought old card (Feb 2018), found that Viofo A119S (2018 model) supports upto 128GB, even though official spec is only 64GB. So, ordered bigger capacity this time.

Old Card : Lexar High-Performance 64GB [U1]
(worked 3 years, good considering high temperatures in north India)

Name:  Lexar 64GB_2.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  16.7 KB

New Card : SanDisk High endurance 128GB [U3 / V30]

Name:  SanDisk 128GB_3.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  7.5 KB

Quote:
Like before, planning to stick with capacitor types rather than lithium batteries.
If you select one, do share details. I too prefer capacitor types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Looks like Amazon sells only fake SanDisk MicroSD cards. This is the second instance from a reputed seller.
Who was the seller ? I ordered from Amazon seller 'Technogazet'. Packing was proper and package was intact.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 7th November 2021 at 18:01.
Old 7th November 2021, 23:54   #3641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Requesting you to please update once you order and get the dashcam so others including me can make Informed decision.
The Voifo A129 duo in my brother's car (2010 Corolla Altis) is so discrete due to its small footprint and inclined design. I don't want something which makes it very obvious that I have a dashcam.

Sometimes I wonder if I should continue exploring or spend ~20K and get the Voifo itself. Getting from US doesn't help much with price so I feel better to buy in India.

I am going to open a thread on Techenclave (a tech forum I am part of) to ask for opinions there as well.
Lack of reviews and popularity of DDpai Z40 is making me sceptical. At the same time, there seems to be quite a lot of content around 70mai pro plus+ in terms of reviews and videos (even in this forum as well).
This is compelling me to change my mind and go for the 70mai itself. However, one major negative is the lithium batteries which brings me back to square one.
I'll wait for Christmas or year end sales for the prices to reduce and then place the order if the discount is worth it.

At the same time, ill be looking out for alternatives in capacitor based models. If members have good experience with Ddpai Z40, it would help to share your long term experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
What issue are you facing ? Is it totally dead or restarting / not recording ? I faced issue with my Viofo A119S. It kept restarting after every few minutes. Recording smaller clips and missing out during restarting period. Tried flashing firmware and formatting the card (both in Cam and on PC). Used to work for few hours and again same issue.
The screen is stuck on the Viofo logo and doesn't boot. Irrespective of which sd card or even if there isn't any, its just stuck at the logo.
Also, its very inconvenient to copy videos from sd card unlike the wifi ones, hence not keen on repairing but to replace. I've used it for almost 5years now.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 8th November 2021 at 00:00.
Old 8th November 2021, 14:17   #3642
BHPian

Based on the number given here for a person named Vijay from Voifo India, I contacted him on Whatsapp and these are the prices..

A119 v3 - 14K with card, UPI/NEFT - 13.5K
A129 Duo G - 19K with card, UPI/NEFT - 18.2K
A129 Plus Duo (16GB Inbuilt memory) - 20K with card, UPI/NEFT - 19.2K
A129 Pro Duo 4K - 24K with card, UPI/NEFT - 23K
A139 3CH - 28K with card, UPI/NEFT - 27K
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 20:09   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
Congrats on the purchase!

I just did the installation of 70mai pro plus (dual camera) last week by Sachin's Autoshop - Koramangala - They did a pretty decent job and charged Rs. 800 for the labour.

It looks pretty good too & I have driven to Sakleshpur with family yesterday - I will post some pictures, sample videos and write a short review in a day or two.

Cheers!!
Did you also have the cam hard-wired or simply got the wiring concealed?
Old 9th November 2021, 08:44   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Any decent workshop in South Delhi where I can get my VIOFO A129 PRO DUO ULTRA hardwired in my 2016 EcoSport?
Anybody aware??
Old 9th November 2021, 10:55   #3645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Anybody aware??
Any good car audio and accessories installer should be up to the task. Try Lajpat Nagar.

Use fuse taps, don't let them wrap the wire around the fuse leg and jam it in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks