Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2021, 06:44   #3421
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
My impractical solution would be, if you are going to park under direct sun, disconnect the cam and take it with you. I have a 70mai cam and it has a small inbuilt battery. I am not sure whether it can withstand such extreme temperature. You don't want your car to catch fire.

Quote from a Google search

"Cause for Explosion
Lithium-ion batteries can be damaged by excessive storage heat of over 60 degrees Celsius, overcharging, manufacturing defects, and product tampering. The explosion occurs when the battery is subjected to substantial overheating, though the battery will typically rupture as opposed to igniting."

I came looking for a good dashcam suggestion on this thread and this is the comment I see first . Made me consider my decision of buying one in the first place.
So, which are the most recommended dashcams on this thread ? I saw ddpai mentioned a few times. Guess this dashcam field too is conquered by the Chinese. Thanks in advance.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 02:40   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I came looking for a good dashcam suggestion on this thread and this is the comment I see first . Made me consider my decision of buying one in the first place.
So, which are the most recommended dashcams on this thread ? I saw ddpai mentioned a few times. Guess this dashcam field too is conquered by the Chinese. Thanks in advance.
There are some dashcams with capacitors or super capacitors instead of battery. I believe they can withstand more heat than a typical battery. When I bought my dashcam, 6-7 years back, it had an option to choose battery or capacitor model and I bought a capacitor based one.

A friend of mine who studied electronics and dabbles in it once mentioned that people with know-how can swap small batteries to capacitors with some small modifications and soldering knowledge. I don’t know how true it is but some DIY videos on web appear to agree.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 9th May 2021 at 02:42.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 18:47   #3423
BHPian

What I see today:

1) Most of the cars come with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
2) All (or most) of dashcams have an Apple and Android app

Question is - have you seen any DashCam app that can use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to share the content on Car Infotainment system?
Old 10th May 2021, 20:19   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
This is my car's cockpit - there is a dashcam and there's wiring too! But it's not really visible.
Request for some tips to route the cable of the rear camera without interfering with the curtain airbags in a Crysta.

How did you finally get around the problem? How did you route the cable for the rear camera, without getting close to the curtain airbags?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2021 at 22:14. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 10th May 2021, 20:37   #3425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
Request for some tips to route the cable of the rear camera without interfering with the curtain airbags in a Crysta.
Since my car has curtain airbags, this is the route I followed for the cable connecting to the rear dashcam and was easy to hide it this way:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20210430_100204__01.jpg

Hope that helps.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:48   #3426
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Anyone who has hardwired the dashcam in a Toyota Innova Crysta.

The Nextdigitron site has several types of fuse TAPS - low profile mini, mini, micro 2 .

Which one fits the Crysta fuze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since my car has curtain airbags, this is the route I followed for the cable connecting to the rear dashcam and was easy to hide it this way:

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the information.

Just one little bit more, is it easy enough to DIY, or did you go to a professional?

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2021 at 22:13. Reason: Mod note attached.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 21:32   #3427
BANNED

Quote:
Just one little bit more, is it easy enough to DIY, or did you go to a professional?
DIY it is. I don't prefer handing my car to anyone for any kind of electrical jobs.

Check this thread for information on how to hardwire the dashcam.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 23:03   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check this thread for information on how to hardwire the dashcam.
An amazingly detailed description

I’m ready to DIM now
Old 3rd June 2021, 09:48   #3429
BHPian

Quote:

The Nextdigitron site has several types of fuse TAPS - low profile mini, mini, micro 2 .

Which one fits the Crysta fuze?

Thanks for the information.

Nextdigitron has posted pic of all 4 types of fuses and their dimensions, just take out a fuse from your vehicle and measure to confirm, I did just that for my Gloster and fitted it myself.
bark1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:03   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
[b]

Incase you know the location of fuse box in Innova Crysta please share. I have the hardwire but could not tap it as could not locate fuse box.
I got micro 2 ATA fuse for Crysta as the engine bay fuse is micro 2 ATA and cabin fuse should be same.
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:51   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Incase you know the location of fuse box in Innova Crysta please share.
It’s under the front passenger side glove box. You will need to slide yourself in reverse through the passenger door, and peer in with your head on the floor mat. The fuse box has a white cover.

I have posted the pics here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post5063403 (DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera)

The tool to pull out the fuse is in the cover of the main fuse box in the engine bay.

Last edited by ganeshnag75 : 3rd June 2021 at 14:57.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 09:41   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Hi AnnaRocks, if you are still trying to avoid Chinese dash cams then you can better explore dash cams assembled in India by this Pune based Safe Cams which is giving decent stuff albeit a bit expensive. But they cover every feature in the book.
Organic Chlorin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 18:28   #3433

I'm looking for a dash cam around 7000rs range. My initial options were 70mai, DDPAI and Apeman. But, the reviews on amazon are not very promising. Both 70mai and ddpai have a ton of negative reviews about sd card issues and the apeman follows suit with UI glitches and some don't even turn on. Have any of you faced these issues? Which one would you suggest?
Old 13th June 2021, 20:47   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
I'm looking for a dash cam around 7000rs range. My initial options were 70mai, DDPAI and Apeman. But, the reviews on amazon are not very promising. Both 70mai and ddpai have a ton of negative reviews about sd card issues and the apeman follows suit with UI glitches and some don't even turn on. Have any of you faced these issues? Which one would you suggest?
Sadly, this space is mostly full of Chinese at least in India. In Australia for example, you can see multiple brands.

I have a 70mai dash cam (regrettably Chinese) and initially I copied those recorded videos to my laptop and view it. Now I don't even bother. I assume it is same for most people unless someone encounters an accident or some incident.

I am using it for around 6 months. So far I have not encountered any issues. For me the biggest gripe is, even though it can record more than full HD (1080) resolution, I find the vehicle number plates are not that clear.

The software on the cams / supported apps are not polished. They have a fair bit of quirks. I read somewhere that the Antivirus on the mobile detected the DDPAI application as a virus. If you don't want these hassles then I suggest you to go for Garmin. It is fairly expensive and the configuration is low, but I think the quality will be good.

I just wish-listed this one, but not sure about the quality though. Looks like it is an American company:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0773FXVKL/...EZEI09BI&psc=1

Last edited by amvj : 13th June 2021 at 20:57.
Old 13th June 2021, 21:05   #3435

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Sadly, this space is mostly full of Chinese at least in India. In Australia for example, you can see multiple brands.

I have a 70mai dash cam (regrettably Chinese) and initially I copied those recorded videos to my laptop and view it. Now I don't even bother. I assume it is same for most people unless someone encounters an accident or some incident.

I am using it for around 6 months. So far I have not encountered any issues. For me the biggest gripe is, even though it can record more than full HD (1080) resolution, I find the vehicle number plates are not that clear.

The software on the cams / supported apps are not polished. They have a fair bit of quirks. I read somewhere that the Antivirus on the mobile detected the DDPAI application as a virus. If you don't want these hassles then I suggest you to go for Garmin. It is fairly expensive and the configuration is low, but I think the quality will be good.

I just wish-listed this one, but not sure about the quality though. Looks like it is an American company:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0773FXVKL/...EZEI09BI&psc=1
Blueskysea is also a chinese brand. I know a few people using this. 8 out of 10 times, this camera does not save anything on the sd card. My last option now is to go with Roav dashcams. This is a bang for the buck option by the famous American brand Anker.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07F6JBL7L/...JAMZS6Z7G1SB7T

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks