Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2020, 21:51   #3211
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Like few other folks, Amazon sale made me buy the rear dash cam finally. I ordered the 70mai 1S (for about 3600 after all discounts) for the rear since I already have 70mai Pro installed as my front dashcam. I was a bit skeptical about the installation on my EcoSport since the rear door opens sideways and it's a bit confusing to decide the cable management and there aren't much guides on rear dashcam installation for EcoSport. However I managed to install it within few hours after checking few possibilities and I made a quick post-installation video of the same. The installation is not very neat and may look crude but it works for me since I did not want to open any panels for concealing the cables and wanted to install it in the simplest possible way so that I can remove the whole setup whenever required.

Funny is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 16:49   #3212
BHPian

Dear fellow members, I just received Safe Cams dash camera which was shipped direct from their assembling unit in Pune. The model SC01 was highly recommended by a friend who had similar one and my initial inclination was towards SC02 which comes with screen, slightly expensive than SC01. The reasons for choosing this not so famous brand is 1.recommendation from a trusted friend 2. Attractive & comparable features 3. Indian company. I would like to list the pros & cons for your perusal.
Pros:
2k resolution in front and 1080p in rear
Small and discreet
GPS recording
Parking mode and g sensor
Comes with mobile app and live recording , easy downloads on the go
Memory upto 128gb
Super capacitor and no battery
Direct purchase from Indian company and local service
Prices negotiable
Cons:
No screen
Wide angle upto 140degrees and not 170 degrees
Not so famous brand and hence the accompanying risk

I did negotiate and got 25% discount from the listed price of Rs.12 899/- and moreover the company personnel fed me with lots for sample videos and technical information about the lens and components which accordingly to the company is sourced from Taiwan, China and Japan.
Overall, Im happy with the purchase and picture quality do far. I feel dash cam is a must for all cars in future as it not only archives our travel but, also acts as a strong evidence in case of serious mishaps. Kindly apologize for my naive writing. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20201025_161954.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20201025_162115.jpg  

Organic Chlorin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 15:00   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Have been waiting for the 70Mai Pro with GPS (the product was available in the beginning of Amazon Festival but unavailable since then) but yet to list again on Amazon. Same model, but without GPS and SD Card is available at Rs.5999/- with 10% discount for ICICI or Citibank Credit Card holders.

Other than Amazon, Paytmmall has the stock and they are selling at Rs.7990 with paytm Cashback of Rs.1998 by using their promo code. But the problem is that Return/Replace of the product is not allowed. So, if I receive a defective or damaged item, I have to live with that.!

Now, I have the option either to buy the 70mai without GPS and then buy external GPS from another source or wait for more days (but the credit card discount offers ends tomorrow)

Any suggestions?
Old 27th October 2020, 15:26   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Now, I have the option either to buy the 70mai without GPS and then buy external GPS from another source or wait for more days (but the credit card discount offers ends tomorrow)
Go with PayTM and take a video when opening the package as well as when testing. You should be able to return if it says no returns if the product is dead or defective.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 15:44   #3215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Go with PayTM and take a video when opening the package as well as when testing. You should be able to return if it says no returns if the product is dead or defective.
Thanks, but they say ''Returns or replacements are not accepted by seller for this product''. By saying these words, they are clean on their stand and if the product is defective or damaged then I will not have any chance for any kind of claim.!
Old 27th October 2020, 16:01   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but they say ''Returns or replacements are not accepted by seller for this product''. By saying these words, they are clean on their stand and if the product is defective or damaged then I will not have any chance for any kind of claim.!
Since you are sceptical about the return policy on Paytm, just buy it from Amazon. The unit without GPS is available. You can buy GPS unit separate and use along with this unit.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 17:43   #3217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Since you are sceptical about the return policy on Paytm, just buy it from Amazon. The unit without GPS is available. You can buy GPS unit separate and use along with this unit.
Yes, that's what I am going to do (will place the order tomorrow)

When they have the strict return policy on their favour, we have to be careful as anything can happen on online deal. The damage can even happen during the packing or in transit etc.
Old 28th October 2020, 10:38   #3218
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Just about to book the 70mai pro without GPS, saw Amazon listing for the 70Mai pro with GPS (only one available) which I booked.

Total Rs.6749 (RS.7499 less bank Credit card discount). Expected the delivery by 1st or 2nd November.
Old 29th October 2020, 23:27   #3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Bought the 70 mai dash cam pro recently. But I have question to the experts that whenever I remove the usb plug from port after switch off the car, date and time settings are gone, is there any way to keep the date and time?
It is because the capacity of 70mai dash cam pro is 500mah. If battery drained up means they can't record more or your setting will be be back to default
Thunder70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 08:30   #3220
Senior - BHPian

There was a lightning deal on this product for just Rs.4,999, plus 10% off on a preferred car. I was tempted but holding on for the 4K version prices to drop, so let it go
Quote:
Have been waiting for the 70Mai Pro with GPS (the product was available in the beginning of Amazon Festival but unavailable since then) but yet to list again on Amazon
Old 30th October 2020, 17:17   #3221

Does anyone from where i can buy the standalone GPS module for the 70mai Pro Dashcam? It is currently 'Not Available' on Amazon
Old 30th October 2020, 18:05   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavac View Post
Does anyone from where i can buy the standalone GPS module for the 70mai Pro Dashcam? It is currently 'Not Available' on Amazon
Yes, it's not listed in any online shopping (I think they sold everything during the just concluded festival sales)

Have seen one on Amazon.com and here is the Link
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 19:52   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
There was a lightning deal on this product for just Rs.4,999, plus 10% off on a preferred car. I was tempted but holding on for the 4K version prices to drop, so let it go
4,999 during amazon sale was for the lite version which is different from the Pro version and Pro with GPS version.
aswinpattath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:54   #3224
Senior - BHPian

I have received the 70mai Snart Dash Cam pro with GPS and installed on my car. All working fine, but having problem on Voice control.

Enabled the feature on the camera as well as 70mai app setting, but still it is not functioning.

What could be the problem - Do I miss anything in the setting?
Old 1st November 2020, 13:14   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
I have received the 70mai Snart Dash Cam pro with GPS and installed on my car. All working fine, but having problem on Voice control.

Do I miss anything in the setting?
You have to keep Voice recording - ON & Voice control - ON.

It should work. I just tested in again. "Take a photo". That command worked.
Voice commands are only few I think. Do not remember what all commands are accepted.
Settings of the unit is much easy if it is connected to the 70mai App in a smart phone

Last edited by Sree73 : 1st November 2020 at 13:16. Reason: Additional info
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks